Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Three HomeSignal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Three HomeSignal

Old 04-03-2012, 14:32   #16
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age
Re: Three HomeSignal

I think its fine networks offering these systems, as it isn't always possible for the signal to penetrate through this walls in old homes, or areas with lots of trees.

I have 2 large masts within a short distance from my home, one of them just at the end of my street and the other very close too, but due to there being so many large trees near my home it prevents the signal from getting into my home properly, there has never been a good signal in my home on any network, until recently with O2/Vodafone (i know this because of my friend and brother) maybe due to 900MHz 3G.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2012, 22:39   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I really want VM to offer one of these. I live in an old Glasgow tenement and get very little or no signal on any mobile network in my flat.
Old 07-03-2012, 22:30   #18
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I really want VM to offer one of these. I live in an old Glasgow tenement and get very little or no signal on any mobile network in my flat.
Maybe you should send an email to Virgin Media CEO office and suggest it. Orange launched that which is available for certain mobile phones, now that it is Everything Everywhere, i'm sure it will be easier for Virgin Media to offer.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 23:08   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
Maybe you should send an email to Virgin Media CEO office and suggest it. Orange launched that which is available for certain mobile phones, now that it is Everything Everywhere, i'm sure it will be easier for Virgin Media to offer.
Or I could just ask at work
Old 28-03-2012, 21:40   #20
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

i got a call back today from Three saying that upgraded a mast near my home and if i got any improvement with signal, i said no, so they booked a home signal kit to be delived to my home either tomorrow or friday.

I'll update this thread to let everyone know how it goes...
Old 28-03-2012, 22:10   #21
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Cable and Wireless Worldwide offer a mobile service to its customers as well as Thus customers as a virtual network but in very large buildings such as Tesco, they have installed masts suitable for indoor use. It means that Cable and Wireless Worldwide customers as well as its own staff are no longer tied to one desk and one phone. The mobile numbers are allocated to Cable and Wireless Worldwide meaning that customers or staff diverting calls from there office landline phones or calling Cable and Wireless Mobiles do not incur extra termination fees as it is in-house.

Now i've often wondered why Virgin Media doesn't use its own allocated numbers, the cost of calling Virgin Mobiles from a Virgin Media landline costs the company up to about 4p per minute which is charged by Everything Everywhere.

Now what I think Virgin Media should do:

1 phone for all use (Similar to BT Fusion)
Geographical numbers for Virgin Media customers 01/02
And whilst indoors route most calls via Voip over a Virgin Broadband connection

It would be an end to bad network coverage indoors
Cheap calls to all destinations including international when run via Voip
Use of geographical numbers would be an end to having seperate numbers
Use of geographical numbers, cheaper for people to call you

And spell the end of Virgin Media's expensive home phone service!
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 14:42   #22
Zee
Inactive

Got my homesignal kit today, set up it which took me less than 2 minutes. Took the kit about 3 minutes to finish setting up (they say 10 minutes)

Straight away my signal went from 0-1 bars in my room to full bars. went downstairs into the kitchen and it was showing 2 bars i was expecting more, although i have 5 rooms downstairs so its a largish house.

Going into the room directly below my room and got 4 bars.

I was maybe expecting the range to be a bit more, especially when the signal went down to 2 bars in my kitchen.

I'll do a bit more testing later but overall im happy to finally get a half decent signal in my home.

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Doing a speed test in the same room as the kit using iphone speed test app i got 6.55Mb down and 3.18Mb up.

This is an improvement from below 1Mb i was getting before the kit.
Old 25-04-2012, 13:18   #23
Zee
Inactive

Does anyone know if there is a way to allow more people to connect to the home signal device at one time as the limit is just 4?

Everyone in my household are on 3 which is 5 people and my friends who visit a lot are also on 3 so i was hoping at least 6 at any one time.