Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | IP11 0UJ no cable

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

unsure of how to get system working with monitor

Old 05-01-2012, 19:53   #1
edinburgh1
Inactive

edinburgh1 is an unknown quantity at this point
unsure of how to get system working with monitor

I recently upgraded my computer tower from 32-64 bit and my internal tv card which i used to run my tv through windows media on my computer monitor with will not support the upgrade.

I have upgraded the virgin box from a standard v box to a v+ hd box but have not upgraded my computer monitor which is a few years old but is high resolution however does not have an hdmi port, it currently has component video, dvid , svid and vga plus 2 usb ports and i run the sound on my computer through a surround sound system

before i had my xbox running using VGA HD AV Cable http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-...-/Product.html
and was wondering if anyone could advise if there are similar things i could use to make sure the new digital box works with sound etc or will i need to buy an hdmi tv card and run through windows media again or can it run off any of the above monitor inputs

any help would be great
thanks
edinburgh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement