Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Installation Dates

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Virgin Media Installation Dates

Old 14-06-2011, 23:37   #1
MarkyUK
Inactive

MarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about them
Cool Virgin Media Installation Dates

Hey all,

I just ordered a bundle with Virgin Media, however the installation date is 2nd August!!

I was wondering - what are the chances if I call them to see if I can get a nearer installation date?

Waiting over a month on my current internet will kill me :p

Marky
MarkyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2011, 23:41   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media Installation Dates

Hi and welcome.

You can ask, however if that is the date you were given there probably isn't anything any earlier.
Old 14-06-2011, 23:42   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

I would call tomorrow morning as soon after 0800 as possible on 0845 454 1111 and try ordering your services that way and you may even get a better deal and an earlier installation date.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 23:49   #4
MarkyUK
Inactive

MarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Hi and welcome.

You can ask, however if that is the date you were given there probably isn't anything any earlier.
Hey thanks

Okay - Well I think I'll try at least :p Can't hurt - I have BT internet at the moment, and it's awful :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I would call tomorrow morning as soon after 0800 as possible on 0845 454 1111 and try ordering your services that way and you may even get a better deal and an earlier installation date.
The reason I booked online was that I could get £65 cashback with QuidCo, £100 off my first bill and free installation - I tried ordering over the phone yesterday but didn't get any sort of deal like that It sucks because I originally wanted two TiVo boxes (one upstairs and one downstairs) but I they said I had to order over the phone for that - So since they weren't doing any deals such as the cashback and £100 off the first bill, I went with just the one box :p
Old 14-06-2011, 23:54   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Well for that kind of savings maybe the wait will be worthwhile but that is still a long time to wait.
Old 14-06-2011, 23:57   #6
MarkyUK
Inactive

Quote:
Well for that kind of savings maybe the wait will be worthwhile but that is still a long time to wait.
I agree - As a VirginMedia staff member yourself - Do you know if it would be worthwhile calling every so often to see if they have a cancellation? Or would I be wasting my time?

Or in fact, as a staff member - can you bump me up to an installation date of tomorrow? Hahaha :P
Old 15-06-2011, 06:44   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyUK View Post
I agree - As a VirginMedia staff member yourself - Do you know if it would be worthwhile calling every so often to see if they have a cancellation? Or would I be wasting my time?

Or in fact, as a staff member - can you bump me up to an installation date of tomorrow? Hahaha :P
You can call in for a cancellation any time and it might be worthwhile calling as soon as possible with you already having an install booked.
Old 15-06-2011, 19:14   #8
MarkyUK
Inactive

Alrighty - Just gave them a call and they were very helpful Got moved up to the 28th June - Under two weeks away Good times
Old 15-06-2011, 21:44   #9
MarkyUK
Inactive

Just thought of something!

I am currently on BT for my landline phones & Broadband and Sky for the TV.

I've got the pre-written letters off the Virgin Media website to cancel them. When should I send them?

Or would it be a better idea to ring them and tell them I'm ending the service?

Thanks,

Marky
Old 15-06-2011, 23:15   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Alrighty - Just gave them a call and they were very helpful Got moved up to the 28th June - Under two weeks away Good times
See I told you to give it a try and it worked.

I would ring BT ASAP and tell them you are cancelling the service.
Old 15-06-2011, 23:19   #11
MarkyUK
Inactive

And Sky?
Old 15-06-2011, 23:20   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
And Sky?
Both sorry I missed that as it is getting late, up for 5am in the morning.
Old 15-06-2011, 23:53   #13
MarkyUK
Inactive

Quote:
Both sorry I missed that as it is getting late, up for 5am in the morning.
Ahaha No probs

I'll call them tomorrow - When I do... Shall I tell them "I've gone with another service and it's being installed at the end of June" - Should they be able to keep their service going until then? I'm still not 100% sure I understand how it will all work and when the services will switch :p
Old 16-06-2011, 06:39   #14
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Ahaha No probs

I'll call them tomorrow - When I do... Shall I tell them "I've gone with another service and it's being installed at the end of June" - Should they be able to keep their service going until then? I'm still not 100% sure I understand how it will all work and when the services will switch :p
Yes that should all you need to tell them.
Old 16-06-2011, 15:36   #15
iluvabargain2011
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Virgin Broadband. Basic Phone. Pap2 Voip Adapter Sipgate. VNMG300 Modem. Asus RT-NT16 Runni
iluvabargain2011 doesn't have many friendsiluvabargain2011 doesn't have many friendsiluvabargain2011 doesn't have many friends

Try getting, Sky etc to install, at the moment it`s a 2 week lead time, around Xmas it was 6 blimin weeks
iluvabargain2011 is offline   Reply With Quote