Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 12:29   #2341
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201512094...#axzz3teqWYZxF

Apple suspends/cancels planned TV service.

The above article says that the planned service has been suspended, but after reading the article, it appears it's been scrapped to me.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

Bad news for those who dislike adverts and US Ad Blockers:

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201512094...#axzz3teqWYZxF
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2015, 15:39   #2342
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Netflix and Sky Sports could be unblocked for European travellers

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...ean-travellers
Old 09-12-2015, 16:43   #2343
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

They will try to wriggle their way out of this one suspects if they can..
Old 10-12-2015, 08:59   #2344
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

UK most advanced TV-watching country in world, research finds.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...edia-regulator
Old 10-12-2015, 11:33   #2345
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

http://m.groupon.co.uk/deals/gg-photodirect-339

Apple TV for £49.99- with free delivery.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:41   #2346
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Netflix and Sky Sports could be unblocked for European travellers

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...ean-travellers
FTL

Quote:
The BBC said that when legislation is introduced next year to close the so-called “iPlayer loophole”, which would see the licence fee extended to include video-on-demand viewing on the service, consumers will be able to access its online TV player in Europe.
Excellent, i assume this will be inputting your TV Licence number or something like that? As i don't ever use iPlayer that means i'll be able to sell my number to someone for a monthly fee, so recouping some of my outlay

Of course i'm just joking* but i wonder if that will happen?

*maybe i am
Old 11-12-2015, 09:12   #2347
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light

Netflix are really accelerating the commissions, more now than even HBO:

Quote:
He said the company continues to ramp up original programming, with the number of scripted shows growing to 31 next year from 16 this year. Netflix also has 10 feature films in production or about to be released, 30 kids shows, a dozen documentaries and 10 stand-up specials. “It’s not just a lot of volume. This is quality stuff,” he said.
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...netflix/146223
Old 11-12-2015, 23:16   #2348
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Netflix's bosses have always said they want to be the new HBO with their own content. But, if in the near future they achieve that and only show their own stuff, will they still be successful?

The whole point of Netflix was to watch films, but if they only show their own films and tv, will everyone still subscribe in such large numbers as now?

To justify current subscription rates, let alone any future price rises, there will need to be a lot more than 30 new shows on Netflix.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:25   #2349
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Netflix's bosses have always said they want to be the new HBO with their own content. But, if in the near future they achieve that and only show their own stuff, will they still be successful?

The whole point of Netflix was to watch films, but if they only show their own films and tv, will everyone still subscribe in such large numbers as now?

To justify current subscription rates, let alone any future price rises, there will need to be a lot more than 30 new shows on Netflix.
Not for me. I got Netflix to watch old tv shows as I liked. They're now removing a lot of content for their own made stuff. Haven't watched any of it except house of cards and they continue to remove stuff I like.
Old 12-12-2015, 14:55   #2350
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Yes I am looking at whether it is still worth paying for every month, as i haven't watched any of their original content. However, I know my sister would be upset if I did cancel as she watches OITNB on there. Wonder if she's saying something?
Old 12-12-2015, 15:38   #2351
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
i haven't watched any of their original content.

For any particular reason? They have commissioned some very good content.
Old 12-12-2015, 16:38   #2352
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

To be honest, I haven't looked at all of it but what I have seen of their original content just doesn't appeal to me. It might be that I am just not giving these things a chance, I might give some of them a watch over Christmas and New Year.
Old 12-12-2015, 17:17   #2353
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

http://m.groupon.co.uk/deals/gg-photodirect-340

Google Chromecast £22.99 with free delivery ;-)

Not sure if this is the old or new version. I think they normally sell for about £35.
Old 12-12-2015, 17:39   #2354
denphone
Still alive and fighting

That's good if its the new one..
Old 12-12-2015, 19:19   #2355
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
To be honest, I haven't looked at all of it but what I have seen of their original content just doesn't appeal to me. It might be that I am just not giving these things a chance, I might give some of them a watch over Christmas and New Year.
I highly recommend beast of no nation.

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
http://m.groupon.co.uk/deals/gg-photodirect-340

Google Chromecast £22.99 with free delivery ;-)

Not sure if this is the old or new version. I think they normally sell for about £35.
Keep a eye on Wuaki they do them for £19.99 basically it is a new release movie with a free chromecast 2.
Closed Thread