Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | KRACK security hole in WPA2 - VM fixes incoming?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

KRACK security hole in WPA2 - VM fixes incoming?

Old 23-10-2017, 23:52   #16
Paul M
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Tivo Multiroom : VM Cable (200 Mbps) : Sky BB (38 Mbps)
Paul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny stars
Paul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny stars
Re: KRACK security hole in WPA2 - VM fixes incoming?

Well if its bad, we are all in trouble.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-10-2017, 21:05   #17
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of society
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie
You got lead lined walls to keep out all the other sources of RF?
No and you have a point but every little bit helps...
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 16:18   #18
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I think you're vastly underestimating the sheer amount of RF radiation around the place.
Old 25-10-2017, 16:54   #19
Stuart
-
Cable Forum Team

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Either way as the article says if you've some shady hoodie outside your home tapping away on a laptop you likely have bigger things to be concerned by than your wireless traffic being eavesdropped on.

They may not be that noticeable. There is a small car park just behind my garden, and when I first got a Wifi router (admittedly before I found out about encrypted Wifi), I found a lot of strange M.A.C. addresses in the access logs. There were also a lot of unsecured Wifi networks in the neighbourhood, and we tended to get a lot of lorries staying overnight in the carpark. Then, one by one, the residents (myself included) locked down our networks, and the Lorrys stopped appearing.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 13:21   #20
Ignitionnet
Pragmatist

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I'm in real trouble, then.

I have a Three femtocell downstairs, along with a wireless router pumping out a 40 MHz wide signal in the 2.4 GHz band, an 80 MHz wide signal in the 5 GHz band and a 2.16 GHz wide channel in the 60 GHz range.

There's also an access point upstairs pumping out 20 MHz of 2.4 GHz band and another 80 MHz of 5 GHz band.

Lastly 2 x IoT networks using LORA, ZigBee or similar.

Those are just the producers of RF inside that are intended to produce it. Obviously there'll be a bunch of other stuff producing it, such as all client devices and indeed the monitor I'm looking at right now.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote