Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VIP now with Vivid 300

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

VIP now with Vivid 300

Old 16-08-2017, 13:02   #46
Broken Hope
cf.addict

Broken Hope has disabled reputation
Re: VIP now with Vivid 300

I wouldn't mind my 200Mb connection having 20Mb upload.
Broken Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2017, 16:13   #47
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Mine does

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 13:29   #48
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Tried on web chat to upgrade 200Mb to 300Mb on my VIP package but it isn't available in the area yet though the online postcode checker says it isn't, the street around the corner can? The person was saying I would get notified in My Virgin Media when it becomes available but I'm not sure it will? Is there anyway to find when 300Mb will become available? I'm sure the postcode checker stated a few weeks back that 300Mb was available but it now says 200Mb. I've been on 24 downstream channels for months now.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 14:51   #49
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I hate to disappoint
Hardly disappointing:

Quote:
There are no plans to get all tiers onto 10:1 ratios, but some of them it's certainly doable.
Given the majority of customers are on the lower tiers, I wouldn't be surprised if Virgin kept them at a lower ratio - they do ultimately use the most bandwidth. Makes sense to put the highest tiers on 10:1, another incentive to upgrade now that we're hitting a bit of a "Good enough for me" threshold on Download speeds.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 15:08   #50
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

well spotted, I hope they do do it because the last time I was on 10:1 was when I was on 100/10 and I only got that because I was one of the very first people to sign up. I think it only took them two months to change it to 100/5 for any new subscribers/tier changes. 350 is obviously staying at 350/20 and a 400mbit tier would be a bit of a waste of time in terms of speed increase.

What would be amazing and a big WOW next year is if when they start playing around with docsis3.1 they not only bring out a 500mbits tier but make it 10:1 at 500/50. That would definitely kick ass.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 15:30   #51
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I think Igni said elsewhere that DC3.1 is going to be downstream only at first, so I imagine large upload speed increases are still a ways off. Then again 50Mbit upload is hardly a leap from 30Mbit.
Old 17-08-2017, 16:07   #52
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Then again 50Mbit upload is hardly a leap from 30Mbit.
We haven't got 30mbit upload either though. It will be 20 going up to 50 which would be a nice increase if it were to happen.
Old 17-08-2017, 16:13   #53
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
What would be amazing and a big WOW next year is if when they start playing around with docsis3.1 they not only bring out a 500mbits tier but make it 10:1 at 500/50. That would definitely kick ass.
500/50 is doable on 3.0.

https://www.comhem.se/bredband/bredband-500
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 16:28   #54
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
500/50 is doable on 3.0
Old 17-08-2017, 16:50   #55
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Old 17-08-2017, 17:18   #56
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Id be happy to see 300/30 or 350/35 at the moment, its probably the only thing that will tempt me off my current 200/20.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 17:25   #57
General Maximus
Ran Away

it would be nice but it's not going to happen though, at least not on the current tiers and I can't see them doing a "gamer 300" with 300/30. We need a new 400mbit tier at the very least and they can start a new gimmick and called it something like Lightning 400.
Old 17-08-2017, 20:32   #58
Kushan

I dunno, I think the faster speeds are starting to lose their allure. With every price rise there's plenty of people saying they've dropped a tier because it's good enough.
Old 17-08-2017, 20:50   #59
SimonB79
Inactive

SimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: VIP now with Vivid 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I dunno, I think the faster speeds are starting to lose their allure. With every price rise there's plenty of people saying they've dropped a tier because it's good enough.
🤔 realistically you don't need anything over 200mbps ... I'm on 300 purely for the upload! 😇
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 00:58   #60
Ignitionnet
Inactive

I wouldn't hold your breath for anything faster on the residential side for a while.