Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2017, 20:14   #2746
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

@JJ20X.

We think Bike TV will be removed and the two new Asian channels will launch this week.

Any news from your end?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2017, 20:42   #2747
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Which Asian channels are launching MB?

I suppose that Bike will remain on the system (but off the EPG) to enable those who have recorded anything prior to its closure. Isn't it normally three months that they give??
Old 25-09-2017, 20:52   #2748
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Which Asian channels are launching MB?

I suppose that Bike will remain on the system (but off the EPG) to enable those who have recorded anything prior to its closure. Isn't it normally three months that they give??
MTV Beats and Rishtey Cineplex are broadcasting off the EPG on Virgin Media UK right now.

We did mean Bike TV being removed from Virgin UK Channel 552 - not from the system.
Old 25-09-2017, 22:02   #2749
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
@JJ20X.

We think Bike TV will be removed and the two new Asian channels will launch this week.

Any news from your end?
The only news was the renaming of some of the Adult PPN service names on TS ID 15, which I didn't really think was important enough to include in this thread. Adult PPN NVOD service names were finally updated with the names of the services they are actually carrying. As I said, nothing really worth posting.

Old 25-09-2017, 22:29   #2750
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Does anyone know anything about Gold? It seems to air programmes in a similar way to Eden, so will this mean that both Gold and Eden go FTA should Gold HD launch?
Old 25-09-2017, 22:30   #2751
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Here is some updated info we can reveal: RED mean information updated.

1) Virgin Media UK are in talks with an broadcaster.
2) New Channels may launch (Still not testing but Media Boy Sources say rumour as set to launch by 2019).
3) Virgin Media UK are testing something - hope to launch by 2018.
4) Rumours about more new channels (Got an broadcaster name confirmed).
Are we talking anything uhd and do you mean by 2018 2019 or by end of 2018 2019
Old 25-09-2017, 22:37   #2752
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Are we talking anything uhd and do you mean by 2018 2019 or by end of 2018 2019
It will be broadcasting on Virgin Media sometime before January 1st 2019.

We have an idea on when the channels may launch.

We have been on here for too long - it all just an rumour until THEY start broadcast off the Virgin Media UK EPG.
Old 25-09-2017, 22:43   #2753
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Does anyone know anything about Gold? It seems to air programmes in a similar way to Eden, so will this mean that both Gold and Eden go FTA should Gold HD launch?
Good Food and Eden were expected to be the next UKTV channels to go FTA, but it looks like it will be GOLD SD and Eden SD.
Old 25-09-2017, 23:05   #2754
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

This has been discussed many times on here usually by Old Boy but with a shift to On Demand I've said many times on here that I expect over time broadcasters to reduce the amount of linear channels available in favour of moving more of its content to On Demand.

Where my opinion differs from OB is that I don't believe we'll see the death of linear more a streamlining of it with easy access to each broadcasters On Demand portal.
Old 25-09-2017, 23:41   #2755
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Gold going fta has been doing the rounds for years i don't think it will though. I think Eden. good food will go fta and GOLD and W will remain as UKTVs premiun channels.
Old 25-09-2017, 23:58   #2756
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I think that there's a possibility that GOLD SD might go FTA, but I'm almost certain that GOLD HD will be exclusive to Sky (at least initially) and remain behind a paywall.

GOLD's 25th birthday is coming up; what better way to create a fanfare by declaring it's going HD (and for Sky to be able to announce that it's only available on their platform)?

If this comes to fruition, Sky customers will have lost a linear channel where HD can really be appreciated, in return for a channel that shows a lot of SD material. I suppose this is the inevitability of living in a free market capitalist economy!

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 26-09-2017 at 00:05.
Old 26-09-2017, 01:20   #2757
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Gold going fta has been doing the rounds for years i don't think it will though. I think Eden. good food will go fta and GOLD and W will remain as UKTVs premiun channels.
What about Alibi?

---------- Post added at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I think that there's a possibility that GOLD SD might go FTA, but I'm almost certain that GOLD HD will be exclusive to Sky (at least initially) and remain behind a paywall.

GOLD's 25th birthday is coming up; what better way to create a fanfare by declaring it's going HD (and for Sky to be able to announce that it's only available on their platform)?

If this comes to fruition, Sky customers will have lost a linear channel where HD can really be appreciated, in return for a channel that shows a lot of SD material. I suppose this is the inevitability of living in a free market capitalist economy!
At the moment Gold sits comfortably as a premium channel within the Now TV Entertainment pack. It will throw the cat among the pigeons if it does go FTA.

Old 26-09-2017, 09:42   #2758
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Anybody who was on the sky cinema beta where you can download movies, issue from yesterday has been sorted so now you on beta you should be able to download movies

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Quote:
It will be broadcasting on Virgin Media sometime before January 1st 2019.

We have an idea on when the channels may launch.

We have been on here for too long - it all just an rumour until THEY start broadcast off the Virgin Media UK EPG.
Not long to go then within 440 days he he
Old 26-09-2017, 13:11   #2759
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
What about Alibi?

At the moment Gold sits comfortably as a premium channel within the Now TV Entertainment pack. It will throw the cat among the pigeons if it does go FTA.
The entertainment offering on Now TV has changed before though. I am sure they once offered History and Disney Channel
Old 26-09-2017, 13:25   #2760
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
What about Alibi?

Tbh i forgot about Alibi lol that will remain a pay channel i think so uktv will have W, GOLD and Alibi as their pay channels with the others going fta.
Another possibility is really and home merge into one channel and Eden and yesterday merge into one too this would free up 2 slots on freeview that uktv own and could possibly launch eden+1 and really+1.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
The entertainment offering on Now TV has changed before though. I am sure they once offered History and Disney Channel
They used to offer disney, cartoon network, nikleodeon and disney as part of the entertainment pack but they lost Disney and moved kids channels into a seperate package at a extra cost whilst also raising the price of the entertainment pass.
But they did add viceland woop. :sarcastic
Closed Thread