Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 18-03-2017, 11:33   #3316
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Sky and other pay tv broadcasters buy content and whilst they actively monitor overnights they also look at content across many other factors such as catch up , box sets , repeat airings then a couple of years down the line when they air it on their FTA channels like Pick.

Last edited by muppetman11; 18-03-2017 at 11:55.
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2017, 11:52   #3317
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I watch none of those
Nor me, although I do occasionally watch Planet Earth.

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky and other pay tv broadcasters buy content and whilst they actively monitor overnights they also look at content across many other factors such as catch up , box sets , repeat airings then a couple of years down the line when they air it on their FTA channels like Pick.
Still, that list of the most watched shows is embarrassing, and the fact that even when you pay for TV, you have to really hunt for the good stuff, makes you wonder whether it is really worth it.

No wonder the cord cutters are increasing in number. In about 5 or so years' time, I may well be one of them unless things improve.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:06   #3318
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Let's just say looking at that lists Top 10 I'm glad I don't base my viewing on overnight figures.

Last edited by muppetman11; 18-03-2017 at 12:09.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:28   #3319
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Nor me, although I do occasionally watch Planet Earth.[COLOR="Silver"]

Still, that list of the most watched shows is embarrassing, and the fact that even when you pay for TV, you have to really hunt for the good stuff, makes you wonder whether it is really worth it.
Well if you open your rose tinted eyes a bit more and look there is plenty of stuff not on that list that you would like OB.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:32   #3320
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well if you open your rose tinted eyes a bit more and look there is plenty of stuff not on that list that you would like OB.
Yes, and I am recording them already! However, I have been shocked this year about just how few shows there are that are worth recording compared with previous years.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:37   #3321
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
According to OB Sky and Virgin may as well shut up shop now.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:47   #3322
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
According to OB Sky and Virgin may as well shut up shop now.
He is what l call a one policy politician.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:55   #3323
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The reason i went with 2 Fire Sticks is i got them on Black Friday for £25 each and this was before i knew Kodi could be installed on them.
Keep your eye on windows tv boxes mate these are coming on leaps and bounds, i'm getting one soon i'll post a short review when i do.
Old 18-03-2017, 13:13   #3324
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Keep your eye on windows tv boxes mate these are coming on leaps and bounds, i'm getting one soon i'll post a short review when i do.
I look forward to reading your review, theone! Be sure to tell us about the content, so we can see if we're missing anything important!

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Quote:
He is what l call a one policy politician.
Better to be forward rather than backward looking, Den. I'm definitely not one for getting stuck in the mud!
Old 18-03-2017, 14:38   #3325
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Be sure to tell us about the content, so we can see if we're missing anything important!

!

The content will be exactly the same as you can get on your PC now. It's the hardware theone is taking about.
Old 18-03-2017, 14:49   #3326
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
The content will be exactly the same as you can get on your PC now. It's the hardware theone is taking about.
This, any app/content you get on your pc you will get on the windows tv box, the windows tv box i'm looking at is a Cenovo yes cenovo not lenovo lol it has decent specs for media atom processor, 4gb ram, 64gb storage, 2x usb3 plus hdmi port and micro sd slot supporting upto 128gb.
Old 18-03-2017, 15:01   #3327
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
This, any app/content you get on your pc you will get on the windows tv box, the windows tv box i'm looking at is a Cenovo yes cenovo not lenovo lol it has decent specs for media atom processor, 4gb ram, 64gb storage, 2x usb3 plus hdmi port and micro sd slot supporting upto 128gb.

There are a lot of these kind of devices around ATM, either in stick form or small form factor boxes.
Old 01-04-2017, 14:01   #3328
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I'm opted in to the iPlayer beta on my Samsung TV. It's now got an option to Sign In to your BBC account.

The option isn't yet showing up on either TiVo or V6 even when on the beta option.
Old 01-04-2017, 18:48   #3329
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I'm opted in to the iPlayer beta on my Samsung TV. It's now got an option to Sign In to your BBC account.

The option isn't yet showing up on either TiVo or V6 even when on the beta option.
Thanks Ben just signed in myself on my Samsung.
Old 02-04-2017, 17:12   #3330
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I watch none of those
I watch the football and that's it
Closed Thread