Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The future for linear TV channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Is this a record?

Old 12-05-2017, 20:53   #1
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era
Is this a record?

This morning at 8am I rang up about the recordings freezing and stuttering on my tivo box.
At 9.45am a tech arrived and swopped the tivo box over and he was gone by 10.10.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2017, 20:55   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Is this a record

Thats really good, not the record though, Ive rang a doorbell while the customer was still on the phone
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 12:58   #3
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Certainly better than my recent experience - 5 days without broadband or tv
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 20:15   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Thats really good, not the record though, Ive rang a doorbell while the customer was still on the phone
Were they on the phone for six hours

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 21:08   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Probably, especially with that foreign call centre who can hardly splutter a word of English.

I really hope that VM in the UK follows VM Ireland and brings it back in house.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 23:07   #6
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

I personally detest overseas call centres.

Unless they can identify your problem as one of a few pre-scripted faults they will struggle to identify and solve it.

Any party that taxed companies heavily that employ such centres could well get my vote.

(This would have an added bonus of bringing in more tax money or restoring all these jobs to UK)
Old 16-05-2017, 15:52   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Couldn't have put it any better myself.
Old 16-05-2017, 16:51   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Unless they can identify your problem as one of a few pre-scripted faults they will struggle to identify and solve it.
What problems have you had recently that they didn't have scripts for?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 19:35   #9
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
What problems have you had recently that they didn't have scripts for?
At various times:-

Loss of broadband.

Loss of sky sports and BT sports channels

Loss of all channels

Severe pixelation on recordings

These are virgin problems, have had numerous problems in the past with off-shore call centres employed by a variety of companies (incl sky)
Old 16-05-2017, 21:42   #10
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

It really is a false economy IMO, think of the number of customers that this has lost, the number of wasted engineer visits etc.

Some companies now actually promote the fact that they use UK call centres as a USP!

Good to see that VM may finally be understanding this:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33704889

Info. courtesy of Mick.

Last edited by Paul M; 16-05-2017 at 23:50. Reason: Fixed link.
Old 16-05-2017, 22:46   #11
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Loss of broadband.
Loss of sky sports and BT sports channels
Loss of all channels
Severe pixelation on recordings
Of course there are are scripts for those. They are all commonly-reported symptoms.
Old 16-05-2017, 23:26   #12
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Of course there are are scripts for those. They are all commonly-reported symptoms.

If these are common I would expect the CS guys to be able to answer them. Maybe it is because I didn't use the exact words on the scripts - obviously I have no way of knowing that.

Just reporting my experience.

In defence of VM the engineer who called seemed well clued up on the problem and resolved it promptly.

I still get pixelation, normally at times when each box is recording 4 or more HD recordings - I suspect this is because the V6 box is struggling to process that much data?
Old 16-05-2017, 23:31   #13
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

I disagree that you are getting pixelation because V6 can't handle recording four programs.
I frequently watch an HD recording while V6 is recording six other HD programs - no problem.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 11:45   #14
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
If these are common I would expect the CS guys to be able to answer them. Maybe it is because I didn't use the exact words on the scripts - obviously I have no way of knowing that.

Just reporting my experience.

In defence of VM the engineer who called seemed well clued up on the problem and resolved it promptly.
The important question is whether it was something that could have been resolved on the phone. If you needed a tech and they sent one, they did the job correctly.

Quote:
I still get pixelation, normally at times when each box is recording 4 or more HD recordings - I suspect this is because the V6 box is struggling to process that much data?
A V6 is an 8-tuner UHD-capable box, so four HD recordings isn't going to bother it all. You have some other fault.
Old 17-05-2017, 15:32   #15
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The important question is whether it was something that could have been resolved on the phone. If you needed a tech and they sent one, they did the job correctly.

A V6 is an 8-tuner UHD-capable box, so four HD recordings isn't going to bother it all. You have some other fault.

My problems were resolved by the tech moving me higher up the priority in the street box. He said with 200mb broadband and 2 V6 boxes my strength was not enough hence he moved me higher up.

This seemed to resolve most issues apart from recently pixelation is returning.

This is usually when I am recording 4+ channels on both V6 boxes. It also seems to affect BT sports programs more than sky sports. Sometimes the recording is barely watchable.

It has occurred to me that as my tech moved me up the priority, to supply me with the strength I need, others were therefore moved down.

It is entirely possible I have been moved back down the priority due to others fed from that box complaining of similar issues?