Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Talk like a Pirate Day

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

[Merged] Talk like a Pirate Day

Old 17-09-2003, 21:52   #16
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
Quote:
Originally posted by towny
Arrr, tharrr be nurrrn more thaaaan un urrrban myth, lad... arrrrr.
This urban myth, it wouldn't be Myth Thally who lives down the road, would it?
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-09-2003, 10:43   #17
The Diplomat
Inactive

The Diplomat is an unknown quantity at this point
Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
The Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 10:53   #18
homealone

we have the poster on our office door - splice the mainbrace!
Old 19-09-2003, 11:16   #19
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis
Quote:
Originally posted by homealone
we have the poster on our office door - splice the mainbrace!
Yaaaaaaar ye be not tochin me mainbrace yer land lubberr !!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 11:50   #20
homealone

Quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis
Yaaaaaaar ye be not tochin me mainbrace yer land lubberr !!
ooarr, only 'cos you keep running away - who are you calling an anchor, me hearty!
Old 19-09-2003, 12:42   #21
Nemesis
Inactive

Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Quote:
ooarr, only 'cos you keep running away - who are you calling an anchor, me hearty!
Aye Cap'n, an I'll keep runnin, til ye promise to leave me mainbrace alone Arrrr!!
Old 19-09-2003, 12:49   #22
homealone

Quote:
Aye Cap'n, an I'll keep runnin, til ye promise to leave me mainbrace alone Arrrr!!
I reckon I'll catch you up on the poop deck - ooer, sorry, ooarr.
Old 19-09-2003, 12:54   #23
Nemesis
Inactive

Quote:
I reckon I'll catch you up on the poop deck - ooer, sorry, ooarr.
Arrrr fer that one you be made to walk the plank yer scurvy dog Arrrr !!
Old 19-09-2003, 13:02   #24
homealone

Quote:
Arrrr fer that one you be made to walk the plank yer scurvy dog Arrrr !!
after keel hauling & hanging from the yard arm, ooarrr shipmate.
Old 19-09-2003, 14:15   #25
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age
IS anyone at work actually doing this?

I put the poster up, gave out a few phrases but no-one seems to be doing it..
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 14:25   #26
Nemesis
Inactive

Ay Cap'n It be happenin' 'ere Arrr

Be nice if ye adopted the right tone on this ere thread me hearty, aye it would, Arrrr!!!
Old 19-09-2003, 14:33   #27
homealone

ay shipmate, some of us here be doing it, but some rascals did mutiny & have been marooned - curse their gizzards, it's the black spot for the likes of them I'll warrant.
Old 19-09-2003, 15:19   #28
Nemesis
Inactive

Quote:
ay shipmate, some of us here be doing it, but some rascals did mutiny & have been marooned - curse their gizzards, it's the black spot for the likes of them I'll warrant.
Shiver me timbers!! Mutiny, feed them to the fishes homealone Arrr!!! Make candle holders from th' skulls Cap'n. Mutinous dogs they be Arrr!!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:38   #29
makikomi
Inactive

Services: NTL cable
makikomi has reached the bronze age
makikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze age
Re: [Merged] Talk like a Pirate Day

Just reminding you all that September 19th is "Talk Like A Pirate Day"

No doubt you'll appreciate the importance of marking this occasion, so you may want to visit the official website: http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

This dispenses all sorts of helpful advice and even gives pick-up lines for those would-be Blackbeards to use on the wenches that they fancy. Examples of these are:
  • Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
  • Come on up and see me urchins.
  • I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
  • Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
  • Youââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re drinking a Salty Dog? Howââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢d you like to try the real thing?
  • Thatââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s the finest pirate booty Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve ever laid eyes on.That's some treasure chest youââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ve got there.
So remember, September 19th ye lubbers! Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!

makikomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:27   #30
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] Talk like a Pirate Day

Ah! That explains why the Union Jack flag was taken down from Havering Town Hall yesterday and replaced with the Jolly Roger!
I knew there had to be a logical reason for it. Obviously some forward thinking council worker was publicising the event in advance

(And no, it wasn't me, before anyone asks - I don't like heights!)
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote