Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What a waste of our time

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

What a waste of our time

Old 24-03-2012, 21:57   #31
Bentex
Inactive

Services: Tivo (M+), BB (L), Phone (M)
Bentex is on a distinguished roadBentex is on a distinguished road
Re: What a waste of our time

Guys who are still asking for a link. He already said he confused the activation and installation fees.

I totally understand him because at first look I did too!!

It maybe good PR if VM made there packages and prices more simple. But people will always get interested in the product first if they think they are getting a bargain or saving money.

Tim gives good advice, call them up and say you want to go to Sky or BT vision. You feel they'll offer you a better deal. You might not get the deal you are after straight away and you'll have to give notice to have your equipment disconnected. Before that time comes they'll get in contact with you and offer all sorts of bargain deals for you to stay on.

It happened to me, but I didn't take up a free offer of Tivo (d'oh!). I went to Sky+ HD...then the offer sky gave me wasn't very good!! So I called up VM and got an 'ok offer'. Not as good as the previous (but I was still under contract).

Don't make the same mistake as me! Call to cancel...and see what offers you get.

Good luck!
Bentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2012, 20:09   #32
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hi Bendex, thank you for your help. to other members, the link is spread over several different pages of Customer offers, its very confusing.

It drove nuts trying to post a link for my very good friends on here.

On the existing customers list it clearly states ONCE AGAIN.

250 Box Free but £5.00 per month

1TB £49.99 instal £5.00 per month.

Thats quite simple, until you try ordering it.

And on another page on customer services it clearly states

Full Package, Tivo boxes FREE INSTALL AND ACTIVATION.

Why doesn't VM get there act sorted, and tell there sales staff, of is some gimmick to sell the damn stuff.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 20:38   #33
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I have a V+ box. which is not activated as I have only M TV which is free because i have phone & L broadband. I have asked if I could have my V+ box activated again & I was tiold I would have to pay another £14 & take out a L TV package. I have been with the company since the beginning. I had downgraded as I felt my package was to expensive . I miss my on demand etc. I would be willing to pay the extra for the box. I wish I could get someone from my own country to talk to me & understand
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 20:52   #34
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
What's this 250 box you speak of?
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 08:24   #35
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Hi Bendex, thank you for your help. to other members, the link is spread over several different pages of Customer offers, its very confusing.

It drove nuts trying to post a link for my very good friends on here.

On the existing customers list it clearly states ONCE AGAIN.

250 Box Free but £5.00 per month

1TB £49.99 instal £5.00 per month.

Thats quite simple, until you try ordering it.

And on another page on customer services it clearly states

Full Package, Tivo boxes FREE INSTALL AND ACTIVATION.

Why doesn't VM get there act sorted, and tell there sales staff, of is some gimmick to sell the damn stuff.
Arthur,

As VM do not do a 250gig box you clearly must of read it wrong...
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 12:07   #36
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32 View Post
Arthur,

As VM do not do a 250gig box you clearly must of read it wrong...
I've just worked out what Arthur means

It does say 250 for the small Tivo but its followed by hours
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:48   #37
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Just a footnote on the subject in january i got the 500gb TiVo box installed and VM cherged me NO activation or install fee and knocked £7 a month off my bill for two years expires jan 2014 to more then cover the TiVo fee.
Old 09-04-2012, 20:29   #38
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Just a footnote on the subject in january i got the 500gb TiVo box installed and VM cherged me NO activation or install fee and knocked £7 a month off my bill for two years expires jan 2014 to more then cover the TiVo fee.
Thats a good deal mate.....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:57   #39
bowieboots
Inactive

bowieboots is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a basic box in one room with the medium package. We went to the virgin media shop and told the guy we wanted Tivo box in another room, upgrade to XL and Sky sports + we upgraded the phone to the all calls. The guy told us that we would have to pay £49.95 for instilation but when he phoned it through, was told no instiltion charge.

It kind of helps seeing the person who is serving you as aposed to it just being a nameless voice on the end of the line.
bowieboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 23:02   #40
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

Quote..."just being a nameless voice on the end of the line. "

Aye! that's a good point, we were getting so many different offers while we were in the process of returning to VM, I made a point of asking the persons name I was talking to.

It worked, as after that the communication improved a great deal
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote