Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wrong number displayed on called mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Wrong number displayed on called mobile

Old 12-05-2010, 14:15   #1
bricksoft
Inactive

bricksoft is an unknown quantity at this point
Wrong number displayed on called mobile

I have a virgin phone on cable as part of a TV/phone/broadband package NO mobile.

Today when my wife called form home to my orange mobile the number displayed on the mobile was not my home number but an orange mobile number.

I tried calling this orange number back but it went straight to answer service.

When I asked my wife to call my work landline number the correct number was given in the display.

I spoke to Virgin media Who said there was nothing that could be done about this and it was due to the call being routed through a lot of different phone newtworks.

Is this correct, I can't believe it myself. What could be causing this problem.

The number that was reported on my mobile was 07792469156
bricksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2010, 14:44   #2
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one
Re: Wrong number displayed on called mobile

I think this is probably a conversation you should be having with your wife. Is there something she isn't telling you.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 15:49   #3
Mr_Moo
Inactive

Mr_Moo is on a distinguished roadMr_Moo is on a distinguished road
Re: Wrong number displayed on called mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricksoft View Post
I spoke to Virgin media Who said there was nothing that could be done about this and it was due to the call being routed through a lot of different phone newtworks.
This is completely true. When the call is made from the VM landline, it'll leave our network, no doubt entering BT, as they will have direct interconnects into Orange. VM do not have any direct interconnects to any mobile provider, I don't believe. Before or after it enters BT, there are many routes a call can take due to how busy one route may be, least cost routes that are set up by the mobile providers, etc.

It happened an awful lot several years ago, when it was quite the norm for mobile providers to send the call around the world, rather than nationally, as believe it or not, a hell of a lot cheaper.

I work for VM Business as a 2nd line technical support analyst (voice/data) =)
Mr_Moo is offline   Reply With Quote