Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 05-04-2012, 23:59   #151
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Spoke to Retentions earlier today enquiring about an upgrade. Have a 500gb TIVO coming on Wednesday and BB doubled to 60mb. Can keep our Samsung V+ HD and return the V HD. Means we can record upstairs as well, woohoo! Cannot fault the guy I spoke to, at some length. Really helpful and informed. No setup/installation fees and still the same monthly DD payment. Good show
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2012, 00:33   #152
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Good show, good to see them pushing TiVOs into peoples homes.
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:36   #153
Sherlock Holmes
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 60MB XL Broadband, XL TV with TiVo, XL phone.
Sherlock Holmes is on a distinguished roadSherlock Holmes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolic View Post
Just wondering when can I expect my broadband to upgrade to 100mb from 30mb currently?
Retentions told me as soon as the engineer has installed the TiVo box the new package starts and the internet will be upgraded same day.

Cheers
Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:56   #154
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

I am considering the premiere collection, which for me is £5.00 more, but broadband is increased to 60mb. I don't want to pay the installation charge though for the superhub.
Will I be able to get that charge removed?

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

Just spoke to them.
Superhub being sent out.
No installation fee
I love virgin.
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:54   #155
Blizzard
Inactive

Blizzard is an unknown quantity at this point

So just spent 30 mins on the phone to Virgin and still didn't manage to get anything sorted. Currently on:

XL TV with 1 TB TiVo
L BB (10 MB)
M Phone with Talk Anywhere

Wanted to move to the Premiere collection because it's only ~£2 more (with the Talk Anywhere) for 50 MB faster broadband and an extra HD box, but nope. Apparently I can't have the Premier collection with the 1 TB TiVo that I've already paid the £100 to activate (of course I was only told this after 20 minutes of faff).

I didn't understand why not? I pay exactly the same TiVo monthly fee as people on 500 GBs, so why is it different? Surely the only difference as well is the hard drive, all the guts and everything is exactly the same!
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 14:28   #156
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
So just spent 30 mins on the phone to Virgin and still didn't manage to get anything sorted. Currently on:

XL TV with 1 TB TiVo
L BB (10 MB)
M Phone with Talk Anywhere

Wanted to move to the Premiere collection because it's only ~£2 more (with the Talk Anywhere) for 50 MB faster broadband and an extra HD box, but nope. Apparently I can't have the Premier collection with the 1 TB TiVo that I've already paid the £100 to activate (of course I was only told this after 20 minutes of faff).

I didn't understand why not? I pay exactly the same TiVo monthly fee as people on 500 GBs, so why is it different? Surely the only difference as well is the hard drive, all the guts and everything is exactly the same!
Probably a case of Computer says no. They have probably set it up so the system only allows 500Gb on that package and throws a wobbly if anything else is already installed.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 14:32   #157
Blizzard
Inactive

Blizzard is an unknown quantity at this point

That was my gut feeling, which was why I didn't kick up a fuss. Still unusual though, I can't be the only one with a 1 TB TiVo who's interested in the Premiere Collection?
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 14:37   #158
zeozhane
Inactive

Services: BB XXL (50), TV L, Tivo, V+ & Talk Weekends
zeozhane is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
That was my gut feeling, which was why I didn't kick up a fuss. Still unusual though, I can't be the only one with a 1 TB TiVo who's interested in the Premiere Collection?
The package i got was a variant on the Premiere collection and is:

1 x Tivo 1TB
1 x V+HD
XL TV
100MB BB
Talk Weekends
£68.15 per month (about £1 less than what i paid for old package)

Took them a while to place the order. Advised only superhub to be installed but as per earlier post they replaced all my equipment including Tivo (so lost recordings ) but got the much faster Samsung V+ box .
zeozhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 21:43   #159
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Currently we pay £67.90 (new pricing) for

1TB TiVo
500GB TiVo
V+HD
XL TV
XL 30 MB Broadband
M Talk Weekends

This includes loyalty discounts too.

We have had a call from VM from an 0800 number tried on my mobile, partners mobile and landline. Apparently Googling the number it seems to be from an outbound sales team.

Missed them a few times, so thought I would call 150 and speak to the team who deal with upgrades etc.

He explained it mostly likely regarding the new collections, and went over them briefly. Said he didn't have access to the system they use, and they don't leave notes on the account as it's an outbound dialler they use and don't access the account unless someone answers.

Anyway he went through what we had already and pretty much agreed with me there is not much options for me apart from go up to VIP. Said wouldn't consider it anyway as it's a big increase.
We don't use the phone much at all (0.00p worth of calls last bill) so no point upgrading that, and our BB is due to go up to 60mb anyway between July-October.

Will see if they call back anyway, might have something on offer.

Your package
Bundle Charges
Talk Weekends Free Voicemail TV Size: X L 2 ADD Set Top Box(es) TiVo Monthly Fee TiVo Monthly Fee Extra Set Top Box Discount Broadband XL(30) Loyalty Customer
Bundle Charges total£59.00
Promotional offer(s)
You'Re Receiving A £2 Loyalty Discount If You Change Your Package You May Lose This Discount Which Will End 19-FEB-14
Promotional offer(s)CR £2.00
Phone line rental
Line Rental
Phone line rental total£13.90
Your package total£70.90

Also get another £3 continuous credit for a mix up on TiVo fees from Nov.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 18:02   #160
ntl.wotcha
Inactive

ntl.wotcha is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the chance of them waiving the install fee if I move to premier and take the additional V HD box ? I already have it wired (from a previous installed VBox) so I just need the box and card.
ntl.wotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 19:59   #161
Sherlock Holmes
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 60MB XL Broadband, XL TV with TiVo, XL phone.
Sherlock Holmes is on a distinguished roadSherlock Holmes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntl.wotcha View Post
What's the chance of them waiving the install fee if I move to premier and take the additional V HD box ? I already have it wired (from a previous installed VBox) so I just need the box and card.

Phone retentions and quote them the deal new customers get with a free install on their website, and ask them what they can offer you for the same package. If your lucky you'll get a free install and a few quid per month knocked off the price. You'll have to sign up for another 12 months though.

Cheers
Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 20:30   #162
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Hope View Post
I'm guessing there's no way to get the V+ swapped for the TiVO without spending £50 to get it installed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Nope
Oh well, the wait goes on
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:53   #163
mdnl
Inactive

Services: 30MB XLTV Tivo 500gb M Phone
mdnl is an unknown quantity at this point

Before I ring up and ask for the new Premier Collection, would anyone like to advise me if I can move onto it.

My current package

BB 30 (after early speed increase)
TV XL
Tivo 500gb
Line Rental

Your package total £64.90 (£51+£13.90)

What I am looking to do is either - Move to Premier with 60mb for £58.90

or Move to Premier with 100mb for £66.15.

Ideally I'd like to go onto the 100mb offer and pay only £2 more than I currently do but triple my BB speeds but I am reading on here about 'network capacity'?

I should add they hooked me on a new 12 month only last month as they offered me the speed upgrade early, will this affect anything?

Any advice is appreciated.
mdnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 14:22   #164
Pieman
Inactive

Services: V+ / 20Mb BB
Pieman is on a distinguished roadPieman is on a distinguished road

Hi All.....just looking for an independent view here.....

Today I have
TV XL
Sky Sports
Broadband XL (20) - soon to be 60
V+ box
Talk Weekends (is that M)

Currently the Package is coming in at £80.90 including the £13.90 line rental.......to me that seems a lot compared to what is being offered these days.

If fellow members can advise it would be appreciated before going to talk to VM

Thanks all
Pieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 16:19   #165
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman View Post
Hi All.....just looking for an independent view here.....

Today I have
TV XL
Sky Sports
Broadband XL (20) - soon to be 60
V+ box
Talk Weekends (is that M)

Currently the Package is coming in at £80.90 including the £13.90 line rental.......to me that seems a lot compared to what is being offered these days.

If fellow members can advise it would be appreciated before going to talk to VM

Thanks all
The premiere colection + Sky sports comes in at £81.40 according to the bundle builder and is the same as what you already have except you get a Tivo box instead of the V+ and a 2nd standard box for the price.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote