Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS3 Netgear Router and Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WipEout HD (PS3)

Old 10-10-2008, 21:53   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
WipEout HD (PS3)

Bought this off the PSN Store (only 12 quid!)... and loving it

It has that "just one more go..." thing to it.

One more try to get a higher place, one more try to shave a bit off my lap time, etc.

Of course, it ends up being more than one more go.

Not tried it online yet.

Anyone got it?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2008, 22:25   #2
bhoywonder1967
cf.addict

bhoywonder1967 has entered a golden reputation erabhoywonder1967 has entered a golden reputation erabhoywonder1967 has entered a golden reputation erabhoywonder1967 has entered a golden reputation erabhoywonder1967 has entered a golden reputation erabhoywonder1967 has entered a golden reputation erabhoywonder1967 has entered a golden reputation erabhoywonder1967 has entered a golden reputation erabhoywonder1967 has entered a golden reputation erabhoywonder1967 has entered a golden reputation erabhoywonder1967 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: WipEout HD (PS3)

I bought it last week mate, pretty good for 12 quid isn't it??

I've not been online with it yet, I'll get hammered!!
bhoywonder1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 22:31   #3
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, very bloody good for 12 quid

I've bought worse games for 40 quid, lol.

I expect I'd get my arse handed to me online. Still gotta try it though sometime.
Old 10-10-2008, 22:46   #4
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Ok now I am gutted. I was a wipeout / 2097 addict and this version looks great.

It's a shame the PS3 no longer support the neGcon controller as that's about the only thing that you can use to play wipeout properly. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon )
Old 10-10-2008, 22:50   #5
supremus
cf.geek

supremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation erasupremus has entered a golden reputation era

As the undisputed and greatest ever Wipeout XL player, I was quite interested in getting this one, but was disappointed to hear that it was just a half-arsed HD upgrade of an already lite version of the game. Would you say it's worth getting a PS3 just for this? How does it compare to XL in terms of controls and dynamics? I thought Wipeout Fusion on the PS2 was a bit rubbish.
supremus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 18:52   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutkp View Post

It's a shame the PS3 no longer support the neGcon controller as that's about the only thing that you can use to play wipeout properly. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon )

That's a rather interesting controller! Never seen that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremus View Post
As the undisputed and greatest ever Wipeout XL player, I was quite interested in getting this one, but was disappointed to hear that it was just a half-arsed HD upgrade of an already lite version of the game. Would you say it's worth getting a PS3 just for this? How does it compare to XL in terms of controls and dynamics? I thought Wipeout Fusion on the PS2 was a bit rubbish.

HD remake of the previous PSP versions aparently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wipeout_HD

I love it, but I wouldn't say it's worth getting a PS3 solely for this though.

No idea about how it compares to XL & Fusion... I've only ever played the first one on the original PlayStation.
Old 11-10-2008, 18:59   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutkp View Post

There was also this later on....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jogcon

I remember selling the NeGcon with Ridge Racer on the PS1 when I used to work for Electronics Boutique. Never liked it myself.
Old 11-10-2008, 19:44   #8
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

It was one of those controllers that you could either use or you can't. If you could, then nothing compares to it. I could go flat out on 2097 and get perfect laps (without touching sides) which is impossible with any other controller (I tried nearly all).

I did buy the psx for the original wipeout and can say that 2097 is still one of my all time favourite games to date. This game for £12 seems well worth it by the looks of it. Shame the 360 don't have an equivalent.
Old 12-10-2008, 21:21   #9
Paranoimia
Inactive

Paranoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really nice

The JogCon was awesome with Ridge Racer R4... an analogue force-feedback wheel under your thumb.

And I still have the metal keyring that you could send off for with the receipt from your game. Ridge Racer logo on one side, PlayStation symbols on the other. Quality!
Paranoimia is offline   Reply With Quote