Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Old 08-03-2013, 19:03   #316
nemomega
Inactive

nemomega is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Hi i just filled out an application for the Field Technician and it said there was an online test that would be on my home page, however i cant find this test anywhere. Can anyone please tell me where i can find it?
nemomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2013, 14:13   #317
shaun88
Inactive

shaun88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi lads I've also applied for a field tech my app says submitted and the test says completed the closing date was 26/05/2013 and I've not heard anything yet will they let you know either way thanks???
shaun88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 22:23   #318
alexfil
Inactive

alexfil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys , I want to get a job in Virgin media as an cable installer. Can you please tell me an email or anywhere to send my cv ? Thank you.
alexfil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 03:53   #319
pop_gun
Inactive

pop_gun is an unknown quantity at this point

I spoke to a company called Cnet training about a certified network cable installer course. The course cost £2,400. Here is the e-mail I got from them

Quote:
Thanks for your enquiry,
The Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI) course is a 2 week program based at our training centre in Bury st Edmunds.
The first week covers the installation, handling, termination and theory or copper cabling with week 2 covering the same but for fibre optic cable. For a more detailed overview please see our infrastructure brochure attached.
On completion of the course you will gain the following industry recognised qualifications:
City & Guilds 3667-02 covering Copper & Fibre plus a BTEC Level 3 Copper and BTEC Level 3 Fibre. The BTEC qualifications are very important because they are based on a practical assessment, a case study and an exam rather than just an exam as with City & Guilds. These BTEC's are only available from CNet and will give you qualifications that are much more relevant to the industry than just the standard City & Guilds qualification.
You will also gain the CNCI certification, you may not have heard of this previously, but over the next 12 months this is something we will be pushing heavily to create an industry standard for network installers. By doing this course you will be able to use the CNCI letters after your name and be ready certified meaning it will open up more possibilities for you when the certification starts appearing on job specs and tenders etc.
If you would like to book a place on the course I would just need you to complete the attached application form and take a £100 deposit, if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
My question is will I get my foot in the door if I complete this course? I'm in my 30's so apprenticeships are out. Is anyone in the same boat as me?
pop_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 07:36   #320
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_gun View Post
I spoke to a company called Cnet training about a certified network cable installer course. The course cost £2,400. Here is the e-mail I got from them

My question is will I get my foot in the door if I complete this course? I'm in my 30's so apprenticeships are out. Is anyone in the same boat as me?
What you know isnt important, that can be trained, virgin are looking for folk who can provide good customer service
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 11:43   #321
pop_gun
Inactive

pop_gun is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
What you know isnt important, that can be trained, virgin are looking for folk who can provide good customer service
It's a tough jobs market out there. All the out of work sparkies will get first look at the multimedia installation jobs.
Which leaves apprenticeships for the major independent companies and school leavers with good grades fighting for the small start up companies willing to pay travel and food and little else.

I've applied for the trainee positions. I've even offered to work for less than what they were asking for. No luck.

I need solid advice.
pop_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 11:05   #322
jack1991
Inactive

jack1991 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to post on such an old thread but this has so much detailed info seems silly starting a new one.
I have had my phone interview, Called virgin media recruitment and the lady on the phone said I passed and to just wait for an email or call about the assement day!
How have people found the job? any advice for someone going to the assement day I have a lot of background it IT support and data cabling so hoping that will help.

Cheers
jack1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 18:54   #323
ratboy72
Inactive

ratboy72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jack1991
I had a phone interview yesterday 25th Aug, the lady told me the deadline is the 30th so I would hear within 10 days. Today I had a email confirming i had passed the phone interview and had to book a date and time at the assessment centre (Volume AC - AFT only - without presentation) I signed in as soon as I had the email but it shows no slots available!
Anybody know what the volume AC AFT at the assessment centre involves?

Cheers
ratboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 19:40   #324
jack1991
Inactive

Do you mind me asking where about you applied for? I haven't had an email yet so that's worrying! The lady from VM recruitment said in my notes I did well and passed the telephone interview (last wednesday) but they have not sent the emails out yet.
She did say that it may take a week or so because they may not have arranged the assessment centres/dates yet, in my area Swansea the closing date was the 10th but looks like they have taken it down early.
Either way good luck mate!
Old 26-08-2016, 20:54   #325
ratboy72
Inactive

ratboy72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I applied for Portsmouth, A lady from Bristol called me so I don't know if that's where their recruitment office is based.Hopefully they send your email out soon.
The link on the email they send just links you to where you log in, have you tried logging in onto your summary to see your status?
Good luck.
ratboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 21:04   #326
jack1991
Inactive

Ah right I'm applying from Swansea! Yeah fingers crossed I'll let you know when I'm able to book online my status just says submited and the last email was on the 15th inviting me to the telephone interview!