Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 20-03-2017, 22:49   #871
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Trump tweeted this from the POTUS account.
Quote:
The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process.
Two hours later, when questioned about this tweet during the Congressional hearing, the FBI Director stated
Quote:
Comey "We've offered no opinion, we have no view, have no information on potential impact, because it's never something we've looked at".

Congressman Himes "OK, so it's not too far of a logical leap to conclude the assertion that you have told the Congress that there was no influence on the Electoral Process is not quite right".

Comey "It certainly wasn't our intention to say that today, as we don't have any information on that subject, that's not something that was looked at."
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2017, 23:12   #872
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Financial Times: FBI and NSA chiefs give Trump his worst day yet
By any measure — and it is a steep yardstick — it was the worst day so far for Mr Trump. In a juxtaposition without precedent in American history, two of the administration’s most senior officials directly contradicted the sitting US president over an inquiry that could lead to criminal indictments of his campaign team. Even if the FBI investigation came to naught, their testimony has fatally undermined Mr Trump’s authority. When asked whether he agreed with the British government’s dismissal of Mr Trump’s allegation that it had spied on him as “nonsense” and “ridiculous”, Admiral Rogers unhesitatingly agreed. To underline: the head of America’s largest intelligence agency backed a foreign power’s scathing characterisation of his own president’s words. Not even Richard Nixon suffered such a direct contradiction.
https://www.ft.com/content/79496bcc-...0-768954394623
Old 20-03-2017, 23:34   #873
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

C-Span transcripts...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?425087...ampaign-russia

Interesting phrase used by FBI Director Comey at 1:11:05
Quote:
IT IS HARD TO SAY, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER IT IS GOING TO TAKE, AND WE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS ALL OF THE INVESTIGATION BEGAN IN LATE JULY, AND FOR THE COUNTER INTELLIGENCE INVESTIGATION, THAT IS A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.
OED - COUNTERINTELLIGENCE - Activities designed to prevent or thwart spying, intelligence gathering, and sabotage by an enemy or other foreign entity.

I find it difficult to believe that the FBI Director used that phrase by mistake.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 21-03-2017, 00:01   #874
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
C-Span transcripts...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?425087...ampaign-russia

Interesting phrase used by FBI Director Comey at 1:11:05

OED - COUNTERINTELLIGENCE - Activities designed to prevent or thwart spying, intelligence gathering, and sabotage by an enemy or other foreign entity.

I find it difficult to believe that the FBI Director used that phrase by mistake.
He didn't, it's not a term to be used lightly.
I think today will go down as incredibly significant in the history of the current US administration.
It will be interesting to see if the Republican Party tries to reign Trump in a bit.
Old 21-03-2017, 00:07   #875
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

It won't though, it'll be insignificant because absolutely nothing will come of this. James Comey couldn't find his arse with both hands. I like how confident he sounds when he's not being scalded for being an idiot though. Those oversight hearings where he was torn a new one about dishing out immunity deals in return for zilch were embarrassing.

http://i.magaimg.net/img/8o2.jpg

That's the position they're also now in. I'm now expected to actually believe they investigated this but never tapped him?

If anyone wants me to take this seriously and actually expect anything to come from this, James Comey isn't the man to do it.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 21-03-2017 at 00:22.
Old 21-03-2017, 01:38   #876
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
We have a number of posters in this thread who have a thing about hypocrisy ... how about this as an example?

Trump, critic of Obama's golfing, regularly hits the links

Hang on a minute, didn't he say?

Weak as always ianch99.

Let's go back to Oct 13th 2014. Day Trump wrote that Tweet: That was a Monday. Assuming Trump was talking about that specific day. (13th Oct 2014 was public holiday Columbus Day in US, however, it is not seen as a major one, only 14% of businesses closed and most banks were open)

Trump has gone to his golf course most weekends (and not necessarily to always play golf). Are you saying in your pathetic agenda that Trump is not entitled to time out at weekend? So no, you have not highlighted anything of any hypocritical value.

---------- Post added at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
No, it's been the 59th day, each one of them a disaster.....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-daily-updates
It's been a disaster watching you moan about Brexit and now Trump for those 59 days.

I thought you were educated ? : Would take more than 59 days to build a frigging multi billion dollar wall.
Old 21-03-2017, 06:47   #877
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Weak as always ianch99.

Let's go back to Oct 13th 2014. Day Trump wrote that Tweet: That was a Monday. Assuming Trump was talking about that specific day. (13th Oct 2014 was public holiday Columbus Day in US, however, it is not seen as a major one, only 14% of businesses closed and most banks were open)

Trump has gone to his golf course most weekends (and not necessarily to always play golf). Are you saying in your pathetic agenda that Trump is not entitled to time out at weekend? So no, you have not highlighted anything of any hypocritical value.
The Presidency isn't a Monday to Friday job. I don't see the difference between golfing on a Monday or a weekend. Besides it's the amount of times he has gone there already and cost of it.

Anyway he is entitled to some time off but so was Obama.
Old 21-03-2017, 09:24   #878
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
There isn't an investigation into Trump being wiretapped. The FBI, DOJ and NSC can't find evidence of it, don't understand how Obama could have done it or what caused Trump's tweet. Unless something from the WH is heading the committee's way today then I guess nothing is happening on that.

I specifically used the word surveillance, not wiretapped.

Quote:
The chairman of the US House of Representatives Intelligence Committee has flatly denied Donald Trump’s claims about a wiretap on his Trump Tower residence in New York.
But, speaking at a hearing on Russia's involvement in last year’s presidential election, he said it was still possible other surveillance was used against Mr Trump.
In his opening statement, Republican Devin Nunes told the committee: "Let me be clear. We know there was not a wiretap on Trump Tower.
“However, it's still possible that other surveillance activities were used against President Trump and his associates."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7639656.html

I don't know whether he was under surveillance or not. This is why I think it is too early in the proceedings to make a judgement one way or the other on this.
Old 21-03-2017, 09:46   #879
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

I don't know whether he was under surveillance or not. This is why I think it is too early in the proceedings to make a judgement one way or the other on this.
Passingbat, the only thing that is being investigated is Russia'a possible involvement in the presidential election. Trump failed to produce any evidence of surveillance so there was nothing to investigate.
If you review the quote you supplied,
Quote:
But, speaking at a hearing on Russia's involvement in last year’s presidential election, he said it was still possible other surveillance was used against Mr Trump.
you will see that the chairman of the US House of Representatives Intelligence Committee was talking at the Russian investigation as there is no surveillance investigation.
Old 21-03-2017, 10:03   #880
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I was watching the congressional hearing live when I was in New York. The Trump circus is just hilarious. CNN for most of the weekend was about him and anything he says or does.

I also visited Trump Tower and ventured inside. Lots of secret service officers stationed as well as the officers at the main entrances with assault rifles. Lots of tax payers money being spent.
Old 21-03-2017, 10:17   #881
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Weak as always ianch99.

What is pathetic is someone how cannot see what is before before his eyes and, for some bizarre reason, will defend this man no matter what he does.

Claiming that I said he cannot have time off, analysing the % of banks open on a day in 2014, really? Desperate or what ..

The facts of the matter are that Trump on more than one occasion called out Obama for playing golf whilst President and he does the same.

You attempt (and fail) to defend the hypocrisy. What is hilarious is in previous posts you get on your high horse about hypocrisy and yet you are in denial now ...
Old 21-03-2017, 10:23   #882
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

But you need some grounds to an investigation. They're not investigating it, they can't 'rule it out' because they haven't looked because that accusation wasn't made.

Anything might be true. If they ruled out any surveillance then there will be another accusation, followed by another one, followed by another one. We can't rule out Trump is a secret agent designed to discredit the Republicans and, a few years from now, will sensationally reveal all.
Old 21-03-2017, 10:31   #883
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
What is pathetic is someone how cannot see what is before before his eyes and, for some bizarre reason, will defend this man no matter what he does.

Claiming that I said he cannot have time off, analysing the % of banks open on a day in 2014, really? Desperate or what ..

The facts of the matter are that Trump on more than one occasion called out Obama for playing golf whilst President and he does the same.

You attempt (and fail) to defend the hypocrisy. What is hilarious is in previous posts you get on your high horse about hypocrisy and yet you are in denial now ...
I felt Hugh's question about Trump's hypocrisy was more pertinent. I summarised it as:
Month 1: Trump says people shouldn't be allowed to use sources unless they use somebody's name.
Month 2: Trump's own press secretary quoted Judge Andrew Napolitano who used anonymous sources.
The reason given to Hugh as to why this hypocrisy is ok is that Trump's press secretary is not Trump himself.

Regarding the golfing, I don't have an issue with that. At the time before he was President, Trump may have felt that the President shouldn't take a day out for this. Having done the job himself, he may now appreciate that it's needed. But more likely scoring political points!
Old 21-03-2017, 10:32   #884
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Passingbat, the only thing that is being investigated is Russia'a possible involvement in the presidential election. Trump failed to produce any evidence of surveillance so there was nothing to investigate.
If you review the quote you supplied,

you will see that the chairman of the US House of Representatives Intelligence Committee was talking at the Russian investigation as there is no surveillance investigation.
The comment was made at yesterday's hearing, unless I misunderstood the Telegraph as well.

Quote:
Devin Nunes, the Republican chairman of the committee, said if anyone in the Trump campaign was found to have aided or abetted the Russians it would "not only be a serious crime, it would also represent one of the most shocking betrayals of our democracy in history".
He added: "We know there was not a wiretap on Trump Tower. However, it’s still possible that other surveillance activities were used against President Trump and his associates."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ssian-hackers/
Old 21-03-2017, 10:44   #885
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Laughable I have to say, I insist you have not added anything of any hypocritical value.

He went to his golf course this last weekend, did he play golf? Who knows?

I actually read he was meant to be hosting healthcare business leaders to try and sort out the Obamacare mess. But sure thing, you and others see a headline that suits your Anti-Trump agenda and immediately jump on the over the top, negative hysteria bandwagon and it's not about defending him : I am just NOT interested in BS headline chasing!
Closed Thread