Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2017, 22:42   #1456
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Two months ago 7 months after sky launched uhd

Virgin Media is in no hurry to make ultra-high-definition TV available on its network, according to owner Liberty Global.

But Mike Fries, Liberty Global’s chief executive, insists that the cable networks owned by his company, which include Virgin Media in the UK, are more than up to the challenge, if and when customers demand it.

“We’ve got the spectrum if we need it – as do most cable operators – but I think it’s too soon to tell. People are just now getting used to their big screens. They’ve just spent hundreds, thousands of dollars on these big screens,” Fries told an audience at Cable Congress in Amsterdam.

At present, he said, consumers are not demanding it and content providers are not providing it, “But we’re prepared. Our networks are the most robust in the marketplace. So if 4K becomes something that consumers have to have, we’ll certainly be able to do it. We’ll be in a wait-and-see mode,” he added.
That article is dated 26/03/2014 but the date is oddly not shown in full on all pages so I can understand the confusion! This shows the full date http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/

The positive news today is that LGI in Germany known as Unitymedia is launching a UHD channel in the Autmn! But don't think Unitymedia is leaps ahead of VM; it's only just started shutting down its analogue service!
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/...ue-switch-off/
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2017, 23:03   #1457
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Yeah but to be fair that is an additional cost to the virgin media customers but channels are included in the package
The price of the package reflects the cost of the channels in it. Hence, prices do rise when new channels are added. VM is not a charity.
Old 01-06-2017, 00:16   #1458
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The price of the package reflects the cost of the channels in it. Hence, prices do rise when new channels are added. VM is not a charity.

Neither are their customers OB, what we pay to VM for their top package is a complete rip off imo, and I include Sky in this too, ok, we all have the choice whether to pay or not, but I believe these top companies are operating a cartel, they won't tell you this for obvious reasons, but when you look at what they charge, they're packages ain't that far off in similarity, cost wise.
If it wasn't for the football i'd have dumped VM ages ago, and used the likes of Netflix and Amazon for my viewing, because quite honestly the amount of dross on VM just isn't worth the money imo.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:00   #1459
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

The football is the reason your paying so much.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:00   #1460
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Neither are their customers OB, what we pay to VM for their top package is a complete rip off imo, and I include Sky in this too, ok, we all have the choice whether to pay or not, but I believe these top companies are operating a cartel, they won't tell you this for obvious reasons, but when you look at what they charge, they're packages ain't that far off in similarity, cost wise.
If it wasn't for the football i'd have dumped VM ages ago, and used the likes of Netflix and Amazon for my viewing, because quite honestly the amount of dross on VM just isn't worth the money imo.
Unfortunately, there's not much Virgin can do. They have to pay to carry these channels, and there is not a huge profit margin in it for them. It wasn't long ago when Virgin were not making any profit at all out of Sky Movies, for example, although this has now been rectified.

When I think back to my BT days back in the 1990s, our telephone bill alone cost me the same as I'm paying now for landline, TV and broadband, so I am not complaining.

I do accept that a lot of the channels we get are dross, and I understand the frustration of those who say they have to pay for loads of channels they never watch in order to view the few good ones.

However, paid for individually, each channel does cost quite a lot, as you can now see quite starkly with those Amazon channels.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:32   #1461
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I see Talking Pictures (TPTV) has launched on channel 445
Old 01-06-2017, 11:14   #1462
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The football is the reason your paying so much.
And that will still be the case going forward.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Think Mr K , then think Mr K needs to sit down as he is actually happy for once the grumpy git.
Old 01-06-2017, 14:08   #1463
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Someone has posted elsewhere that to receive Talking Pictures on VM, one has to subscribe to Sky Cinema (even though TP themselves stated that they would be available FTA on VM).

Surely this can't be correct?

Which pack is it in, imo it should be in the M/Player packs as it's available on Freeview.
Old 01-06-2017, 14:26   #1464
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Talking Pictures is in Mix TV and above
Old 01-06-2017, 14:48   #1465
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thanks Ben, good to know we don't have to subscribe to Sky Cinema to receive it!

Is Mix TV the equivalent to M+ and do those customers get it too?
Old 01-06-2017, 14:58   #1466
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I believe Mix is classed as 'above' M+ and More.

So Talking Pictures is Mix, Fun and Full House.

Player, M+ and More TV won't get it.
Old 01-06-2017, 15:21   #1467
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2017, 15:55   #1468
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Shock horror VM put a FREE channel in one of their chargeable packs and ppl accuse SKY of dirty tactics.
Old 01-06-2017, 17:24   #1469
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I'm obviously going to have to lay on a party tonight to get my excitement.
Old 01-06-2017, 18:12   #1470
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I believe Mix is classed as 'above' M+ and More.

So Talking Pictures is Mix, Fun and Full House.

Player, M+ and More TV won't get it.
I've got M+ and it isn't greyed out.
Closed Thread