Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | update?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Just got a great offer from VM

Old 30-03-2012, 16:04   #1
jbrennand
Inactive

jbrennand is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got a great offer from VM

I currently have the VM VIP package with XL TV + Sports & Movies, on a V+ and two additional V boxes (all HD), 50meg Broadband, Phone + talk unlimited. For which I pay £108/month in total - I also have 2 VM contract mobile sims.

I called up a week or so ago asking about Tivo and declined the offer when they said there was the £50 installation charge

So anyway out of the blue today CS call me up and say they now want to honour their existing customers with great deals ahead of giving them to new ones - and offer me the following package.

Install Tivo in living room, retain & transfer V+ box to back room, keep one of the other V boxes - same channels package. Double the broadband speed to 100meg ! Phone wil now have talk unlimited + 10p/minute calls to mobiles and to the top 30 international countries and 250min of free 0845 calls.

Sounds great says I - how much extra ? £2.40/month say they - £110.40/momth, and we can install and change over on Tuesday. Which is my day off !

I am a happy punter at last.
jbrennand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2012, 16:16   #2
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age
Re: Just got a great offer from VM

Nice one Fella,you sound very happy about it,enjoy!
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 17:36   #3
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrennand View Post
I currently have the VM VIP package with XL TV + Sports & Movies, on a V+ and two additional V boxes (all HD), 50meg Broadband, Phone + talk unlimited. For which I pay £108/month in total - I also have 2 VM contract mobile sims.

I called up a week or so ago asking about Tivo and declined the offer when they said there was the £50 installation charge

So anyway out of the blue today CS call me up and say they now want to honour their existing customers with great deals ahead of giving them to new ones - and offer me the following package.

Install Tivo in living room, retain & transfer V+ box to back room, keep one of the other V boxes - same channels package. Double the broadband speed to 100meg ! Phone wil now have talk unlimited + 10p/minute calls to mobiles and to the top 30 international countries and 250min of free 0845 calls.

Sounds great says I - how much extra ? £2.40/month say they - £110.40/momth, and we can install and change over on Tuesday. Which is my day off !

I am a happy punter at last.
very good enjoy it
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 19:29   #4
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

but do you still have to pay the install or activation?
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 19:31   #5
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
but do you still have to pay the install or activation?
No, got exactly the same offer on Tuesday, install Monday
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 19:36   #6
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

I'm on Vip50 with Sports and Movies, 1 V+ and 1 V HD, would i have to phone and ask, or are they in the process of phoning everyone and asking them?
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 22:07   #7
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Probably due to the new bundle deals that have just been advertised.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 22:17   #8
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Probably due to the new bundle deals that have just been advertised.
Spot on, it's the new VIP 'collection' at £90 + phone at £13.90 + 3rd additional box at £6.50 = £110.40.
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 01:16   #9
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
VM are dishing out the deals recently
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 03:26   #10
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

makes me think i'm paying to much now near 120 for virtually same deal
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 07:13   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryn9000 View Post
makes me think i'm paying to much now near 120 for virtually same deal
Phone them up Harry.
Old 31-03-2012, 08:40   #12
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Go to thinking of leaving us, got a family member a good deal the other day for them. I called, did the negotiating and then got my relative to call back and agree the deal with them over the phone.

Virgin are a lot more flexible with their deals than SKY ever were, I remember trying to get a deal for a different relative and they just basically said if they can't afford it then don't have it. Go and use freeview or join a different company. So they joined VM and it has been happy days since.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 14:17   #13
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

thing is tho i agree my deal last week and never got even offered anything close to that price.

just rang up and atm my service's are 107.01 but when price goes on tomoz i'll be at 111.26 as tivo box charge has started to be applied
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 17:28   #14
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100

We had a phone call from VM too offering the TiVo box and they also said we would be getting the new Superhub!!! we already have a Superhub so is there a newer one or is it the fact the person on the phone did not realise we already had one.
I did not speak to them myself or i would have asked.
Old 31-03-2012, 18:00   #15
chunkymonkey
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and Broadband size L V+HD and VHD
chunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

I keep missing calls from VM on my mobile do you think they're trying to offer me something?
I've got TV XL, 1 VHD, TiVo 1TB, 10M BB and M Phone
chunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote