Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | leaving vm questions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues

Email not arriving to ntlworld addresses

Old 02-03-2012, 12:18   #1
jwt13
Inactive

jwt13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Email not arriving to ntlworld addresses

Apologies if I am in the wrong place but can anyone help ?
I am using XP and Outlook 2007 for my email with an ntlworld email address.
When I send mail from this address to a recipient with an ntlworld address it does not arrive.
Mail sent using Outlook to any other email address works fine as does sending it via Virginmedia webmail but I prefer not to use webmail.
I spoke to 'tech support' ! who accessed my pc and tweaked the settings - why I am not sure since it has all worked perfectly properly for the last few years - it made no difference and frankly the jumping through hoops to actually talk to anyone is simply not worth the effort.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue ?
jwt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2012, 12:42   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Email not arriving to ntlworld addresses

Does the outgoing email show in your sent items box in Outlook, such that Outlook considers it sent? Do you get any error or non deliverable type messages?

Have the recipients checked their spam filters, including web mail filters as it might not even get as far as their computer client if it's being blocked by the web spam filter settings.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 13:33   #3
jwt13
Inactive

Mails are in the sent folder.and they are not being bounced. I can check delivery instantly as various family members have ntlworld email addresses which is how I knew stuff wasn't arriving. they do not appear to have any problems sending from their accounts to me and my mails to them are not in spam or junk folders
Old 03-03-2012, 12:15   #4
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Try sending between your own mailboxes ..
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:51   #5
jwt13
Inactive

Interesting !
I have a second ntl email address and a test message sent from the main email address to the secondary did not arrive, however a reverse test from the secondary to the primary email did.
All sent using Outlook and the same account settings.
Old 03-03-2012, 14:16   #6
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Very odd .. and you're sure the settings on your pc are correct ?

In fact, can you log into webmail and try it from there ? miss out the PC settings then.

Then we know we have a fault.
Old 03-03-2012, 14:54   #7
jwt13
Inactive

Very odd indeed.
My settings are the same for both the ntl email addresses in Outlook - pop.ntlworld.com, smtp.ntlworld.com
- I can send and receive mail using the ntl address with webmail.
Old 03-03-2012, 15:28   #8
Nopanic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt13 View Post
Very odd indeed.
My settings are the same for both the ntl email addresses in Outlook - pop.ntlworld.com, smtp.ntlworld.com
- I can send and receive mail using the ntl address with webmail.
So that points to something PC side ? I guess it could be the pop servers .. I'm not sure how though ..
Old 03-03-2012, 15:59   #9
jwt13
Inactive

My guess too would be something on my pc settings , some incompatibility between Outlook 2007 perhaps. On reflection this is the only thing that has changed previously I was using Outlook 2003. Where next though ?
Old 03-03-2012, 16:19   #10
Nopanic
Inactive

Delete the current account in outlook and recreate it, if you haven't yet.

If you have the secondary account setup and it works, just changed the details to the primary, see if that resolves it.
Old 03-03-2012, 18:59   #11
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

ive not had chacne to read and probally wont until next week droed with teh flu but the only thing i can suggest form briefly looking is make sure the password and email address for login are right by using webmail and also make sure you have set it to ssl ports
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:58   #12
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

as nopanic suggest delete the accoutna dn readd it, the fact that the otehr one works suggest the account has been become corrupt, you ocud use some of the outlook repairs but most either dn twork or muck things up more i would sugget delete and readidng the accoutn or edit he second accoutn to yoru primary details
Old 05-03-2012, 12:21   #13
jwt13
Inactive

I will have to settle for changing the secondary to primary which appears ( for the moment ) to be working ok.
As it I am begining to wonder if there is something in having two accounts with same domain name, using same settings that somehow or other Outlook does not like.
I may try deleting the secondary account , re-instating the primary and see what happens.. later
If it resolves anything I will come back. Thanks all for the input.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:33   #14
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Quote:
I will have to settle for changing the secondary to primary which appears ( for the moment ) to be working ok.
As it I am begining to wonder if there is something in having two accounts with same domain name, using same settings that somehow or other Outlook does not like.
I may try deleting the secondary account , re-instating the primary and see what happens.. later
If it resolves anything I will come back. Thanks all for the input.
i have had 6 in hte past, my guess would be the file that does teh sendign has become corrupt so although it sends it sends toa mstery address it be lieka virus but in a different way, just outlook file is damaged if you stil have the install cd try reinstall using the repair option that hsould fix it
Old 05-03-2012, 19:19   #15
dunedin53
Inactive

dunedin53 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Does the outgoing email show in your sent items box in Outlook, such that Outlook considers it sent? Do you get any error or non deliverable type messages?

Have the recipients checked their spam filters, including web mail filters as it might not even get as far as their computer client if it's being blocked by the web spam filter settings.

My emails to an AOL address are not getting through either. Never had any problem until a few days ago.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

It seems that the problem is from Blueyonder addresses to AOL addresses.

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

Quote:
Apologies if I am in the wrong place but can anyone help ?
I am using XP and Outlook 2007 for my email with an ntlworld email address.
When I send mail from this address to a recipient with an ntlworld address it does not arrive.
Mail sent using Outlook to any other email address works fine as does sending it via Virginmedia webmail but I prefer not to use webmail.
I spoke to 'tech support' ! who accessed my pc and tweaked the settings - why I am not sure since it has all worked perfectly properly for the last few years - it made no difference and frankly the jumping through hoops to actually talk to anyone is simply not worth the effort.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue ?
dunedin53 is offline   Reply With Quote