Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

Old 21-11-2017, 01:26   #76
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Free to you, not the company - they lost the "opportunity costs".

If they were doing it free for you, they weren’t doing something that added value to the company that paid their wages.
Out of the last two of those that tendered, there wasn't anything between them. They were both asked if the Directors could have free legal services thrown in. One said no and the other said yes, so we obviously went with the one that did.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2017, 11:24   #77
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Can you ban someone from a shop for any reason or no particular reason. I just wondered cause if I was a shop owner I`d ban awkward customers.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 11:35   #78
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Out of the last two of those that tendered, there wasn't anything between them. They were both asked if the Directors could have free legal services thrown in. One said no and the other said yes, so we obviously went with the one that did.
TANSTAAFL*

Also, even though they didn't charge for this, it would have a perceived value that would need to declared in Directors' Emoluments as a benefit-in-kind, thus being taxable.

(*Robert A Heinlein)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 12:03   #79
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
Can you ban someone from a shop for any reason or no particular reason. I just wondered cause if I was a shop owner I`d ban awkward customers.
In the main, yes. Shops can ban anyone they like, although they can't do it on the grounds of disability, race, sex etc.

They mostly do it after persistent theft.

Just doing it to people that you perceive to be awkward eg excercising their consumer rights would be commercial suicide though. Anyone who has had to deal with the public will know how exasperating they can be, but professional businesses will always deal with this appropriately.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote