Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Advice on wayleave documents

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Will i ever get installed?!

Old 15-09-2011, 06:37   #1
ryan750
Inactive

ryan750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Will i ever get installed?!

Today i found out that after waiting 6 weeks to get installed that i might be waiting a further 4 to 8 weeks??

So, i originally ordered my 10Mb broadband and television package from virgin at the beginning of august, around the 1st or 2nd. Im then given a date of installation as the 16th of August when the installation team turned up and said that construction need to fit a line. So construction i was told would come a month later to fit the line, which was too long for me to wait so i called up and a nice lady arranged for the date to be moved 2 weeks earlier. So again i wait in and no one shows up, so i call up to hear that this lady shouldn't have changed my date because it couldnt be done then. So i agree to wait another 2 weeks for it to be installed.

So yesterday i wait for installation assuming construction had completed their job a few days before as my dad said he saw them out there, again no one shows. I call up and im told that apparently there is oil in the pit where the box is to connectthe lines or something. So in order for me to get my line the field team manager will have to sign off this work assuming it is cost effective, so i was told that it might turn out that it isnt cost effective and my line wouldnt be fitted. I told him i was glad he let me know this fact because if 4 weeks later, when i call to find out the verdict and told they're not doing it, i might well jump out the window...

So he told me it might take 2-4 weeks for this work to be signed off and then i think something like 2-4 weeks to arrange for the work to be done. He did then say that if i chose to cancel i would be welcome to come back at a later date, which is pretty much a non option for me. Ive already spent at least £40 on calls to virgin and £150 during this past 6 week on this crappy btfon internet and im jobless, without any income until i get a job round here (moved here 6 weeks ago) and already £400 into my overdraft.

My dad and i took a walk to the station where apparently this oil filled pit is and we found no trace of oil on the pavement. My dad thinks they dont want to do the work because of the concrete in the front garden, also because our house is right on a reasonably busy road..

So im waiting for this letter which confirms this problem theyve encountered but im not sure what to do. If i wait another 8 weeks and continue to use this btfon at £15 for 5 days that would cost £165 so i dont think thats gona happen. I guess i could opt for a dongle altho i hate the slow speed and data restrictions. I really want virgin and want to find a way i can speed up this process of approval for construction. Any ideas as what to do?
ryan750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2011, 10:09   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Will i ever get installed?!

Maybe if you have no money you should stop wasting £40 on calls and £150 on your internet when both could be had for less than a fiver?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 19:13   #3
ryan750
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Maybe if you have no money you should stop wasting £40 on calls and £150 on your internet when both could be had for less than a fiver?
You have a point, but ive found a better alternative. I just ordered a 15GB dongle from 3 which is £22 a month so is similar in price to the 10Mb package i was getting from virgin, but this is the new hspa+ dongle which only came out this september which allow speeds up to 21Mb/s. Plus if i move somewhere or i want internet anywhere i want, i have it. All works out in the end.
Old 16-09-2011, 01:46   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

£22 a month for 15Gb is better than £5 a month for unlimited how?
Old 16-09-2011, 05:57   #5
ryan750
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
£22 a month for 15Gb is better than £5 a month for unlimited how?
No worries now my problem is solved. Thanks
Old 16-09-2011, 18:53   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Solved the wasting money problem by wasting more money, no need to worry at all.

Another win for logic.
Old 16-09-2011, 20:43   #7
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Financial situation aside, how did this get resolved? I'm sure we would all like to know!
Old 17-09-2011, 12:27   #8
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

He signed up to an overpriced mobile internet dongle contract instead.
Old 17-09-2011, 13:57   #9
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

I meant - has the OP got the VM install situation resolved.