Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recommended Android apps

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Recommended Android apps

Old 16-10-2010, 10:06   #16
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Re: Recommended Android apps

Heytell.... It is a push-to-talk messenger for Android and iOS. So imagine something like PingChat but sending short audio messages.

Tried it with an iPhone user in the states and worked great.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-10-2010, 10:09   #17
PeteLockwood
Inactive

PeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Angry Birds...full version out...fantastic game...worth getting and free

I think there is a lesson for life..angry birds should be for free...happy ones cost money

cheers pal didn't know that just downloaded it on my desire
PeteLockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 14:29   #18
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Could I make a polite request for more use of layman's terms in the descriptions of these apps so people like me can understand what the hell they actually do?

Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 14:33   #19
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Angry Birds..an application to use..wait for it..Angry Birds
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 14:47   #20
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Angry Birds..an application to use..wait for it..Angry Birds
Very funny!!........

BTW, are we talking avian or human?...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 15:22   #21
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Very funny!!........

BTW, are we talking avian or human?...
Avian...a game that uses birds as a weapon..puzzle game...use the birds to destroy various puzzle targets.

Addictive, this official version has 150 levels..i think.

Tip...tap screen just before bird hits target gives you additional special power..each bird has its own special power.
Old 31-10-2010, 21:39   #22
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathla View Post

[/COLOR]heck, if you really want a nosey, here's a list of everything on my phone at the moment. I am rooted so don't expect to get all of them on yours.

http://www.appbrain.com/user/smcgirr...-the-htc-magic
Dude - if I were you I would not be showing off my list of apps - a Masturbation Checker?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:57   #23
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste View Post
Dude - if I were you I would not be showing off my list of apps - a Masturbation Checker?
Huh? Are you sure you had my list up? http://www.appbrain.com/user/smcgirr/
Not something I would have near my phone...

Also note the original link has been dead for a couple of weeks since I got rid of my Magic.
Are you sure you just didnt get redirected to Appbrains 'Top Apps'
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:48   #24
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste View Post
What's even more worrying is the 1000 downloads.

Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 22:02   #25
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

heres one for u all
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 20:19   #26
colin25
Inactive

you could try this for sound effects
http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...cts-jziFD.aspx

or this
http://www.doubletwist.com/apps/andr...ornsandsirens/
Old 09-06-2011, 02:59   #27
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

Anyone know a good free piece of software for PC or app to create a ringtone from Mp3.

Id rather one for the PC over app if possible tho.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:10   #28
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

ringdroid will make a ringtone from an mp3 on your phone. easy peasy!!!

http://www.appbrain.com/app/ringdroid/com.ringdroid
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 16:54   #29
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

Go sms pro is a good text app, you can add folders and store texts which most others dont do.
Handcent is another good text app but cant add folders.
FotMob is good for getting latest football scores from any league.
Handbase is a very good database app.
Pocket Informant is a very good personal organiser, will be perfect when syncing with outlook is installed.
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 17:58   #30
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Some apps that I really like and couldn't do without.

Camera360 It has some fantastic effects.

Plume (Twitter client) I've tried loads of twitter apps for my Gallaxy S but always return to this one.

UK Newspapers Online Fast and free.

Unit Converter Very handy. I used it mainly for converting lbs and kilos into stone.

Apps 2 SD
Free up some space on your phones internal memory.

Printershare Excellent mobile printing solution, although I didn't that much for the key!! Also try Cypria the full version's cheaper.

ShootMe (Screen grabber) Just run it then shake your phone whilst on the screen you want to capture.

Tile Takedown I'm addicted to this word (Boggle) type of game, play other addicts all over the world.

Mp3 search & Downloader Sorted!

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote