Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Break up of Picture/Sound Distoration Catchup/On Demand TV Samsung V+

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Break up of Picture/Sound Distoration Catchup/On Demand TV Samsung V+

Old 08-03-2012, 21:06   #1
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict

Services: XL TV.Sky Sports/Movies, V6, VM 200MB.VM Fixed Phone
andrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enough
Break up of Picture/Sound Distoration Catchup/On Demand TV Samsung V+

Over the last week or so If I watch any Catch Up TV or I have watched Sky Movies on demand the picture/sound does what the title says.

If happens every few seconds/every couple of minutes.

The picture does not break up in any particular place. it could be anywhere on the tv screen. it happens in lines or large dots of the picture breaking up. The sound sounds like it skips at the same time. if you know what i mean

Normal live TV and anything i have recorded does not have this problem

I have used the community Forum and have reported it there

I presume there is nothing i can do
andrewlutonuk
andrewlutonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2012, 17:49   #2
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict

andrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enough
Re: Break up of Picture/Sound Distoration Catchup/On Demand TV Samsung V+

I had the Technician out of Friday

He checked the signals on my Samsung V+ STB and put a 4db Attenuator on the cable

He said the problem i was having is because of the Server's that store the on-demand and catch up and not the STB itself. The Technician said he has the same problems

The problems still persist om my STB

Is this True or should i contact virgin media again

andrewlutonuk
Old 17-03-2012, 19:35   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

If you still have a fault you should report it again.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 20:09   #4
essjay
cf.addict

essjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlutonuk View Post
He said the problem i was having is because of the Server's that store the on-demand and catch up and not the STB itself. The Technician said he has the same problems

andrewlutonuk
I'm afraid he's telling porkies, if there was a problem with a programme then the whole area would have the same problem and would not just happen at random times.

Sounds like a signal issue to me.

See how you get on with the 4db attenuator he may cure it.
essjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 20:12   #5
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlutonuk View Post
I had the Technician out of Friday

He checked the signals on my Samsung V+ STB and put a 4db Attenuator on the cable

The problems still persist om my STB

Is this True or should i contact virgin media again

andrewlutonuk
i get that problem on my tivo box
Old 17-03-2012, 22:38   #6
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict

essjay

Thanks very much for your reply

Have reported it again on the community forum as the 4db attenuator has not made any difference and i am still getting the same problems

The technician also said he had the same problems becasuse he was on the same headend (Hemel Hempstead) so i thought it might be a headend problem. Would that affect a region

this has been going on for a couple of weeks

paulsouth

Are you on the same region as me (I thinkn I am clutching at straws)

Andrew