Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | phone line woes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

phone line woes

Old 19-07-2011, 08:13   #1
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
phone line woes

I feel like virgin are attempting to drive me mad here...

For the best part of a month now, our phone hasn't been working.

It's also imporant to note that we're getting a business line installed as well (why that's important will become clear).

Story so far..

Phone stops working (on a thursday), call VM - they do some tests and confirm it's not working - arrange for a technician to come out on Monday, 4pm to 7pm. So my wife waits in, doesn't take my son to karate as she usually does, just waits in.... and waits... and waits... I come home close to 7 - call VM - apparently the technician knocked and there was no one there - which is strange since whilst my wife was waiting in for him to turn up, she answered the door 3 times to various sales men. I pointed out that perhaps they should have called me to tell me he was there, and 'outside' since they can call me pretty much every week to offer me 'special deals' - or perhaps it's more likely that the guy just didn't turn up.. anyway, long and the short I arrange another appointment for the Wednesday. 12 to 4 - I work from home that day and watch the window like a hawk, least we get another engineer with ninja powers and the ability to knock on the door without making a sound.
Guy turns up, attaches something to the phone line, and wanders off. Comes back 30 minutes later telling me it's all fixed. I check, and it was. I asked what the problem was, he says he couldn't tell me, he just replaced a whole load of stuff. I refrain from making any comments, as my phone is working.
12 hours later, my phone is no longer working.
Get on the phone, complain a lot - they say they're going to send out a 'principle technician' to fix my problems - I ask why they are sending people out in the first place that don't seem to be able to do their job...so we wait until Monday, again 4 to 7 for someone to turn up. guy turns up, takes a look, says that what the other guy did was rubbish, since he missed 2 loose connections that would have been causing the problems
The phone is now working, and there was much rejoicing.
Fast forward to this monday - the Business contractors turn up, to dig up our drive to lay some new cable (we'll ignore the fact they just turned up without actually telling anyone) - once they have gone, we discover we have no phone line ... AGAIN... so once again, I've had to make another appointment for an engineer to come around and fix my problem - once again, someone is going to have to sit in for 3 to 4 hours waiting for them..

I've complained, and I've complained - and yes, I've got this months line rental taken off, but that's not the point - at the end of this someone will have sat in for close to 16 hours, not to mention the hassle of not having a phone...

And to rub salt in the wound, after I had complained, yet again, last night, the lady calls me back and says that as a good will gesture they're willing to upgrade my Broadband to the next level, for only 50p a month! I said, probably quite rudely, that I didn't want my services upgraded, I want the services I have been paying for, and a working phone line!

---------- Post added at 07:13 ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 ----------

It's at the point now where I am seriously considering leaving and going with bt infinity.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-07-2011, 22:00   #2
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: phone line woes

*sob* no one cares about MLM's phone line...
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 22:05   #3
Darakuli
Inactive

Darakuli is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask them to pull you a new cable, If your in an Ex Telewest Area ask them for a RG11 cable repull, If your in an ex NTL area your only gunna get an RG6 cable, However that should sort out your problem, When the cable team comes tell them to change your D Side and your E side as you could have a faulty pairing in the cabinet.
Darakuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 22:12   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
Oh, we care (deeply) - but we're British, so we are suffering with a stiff upper lip.

But we are crying inside........
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 22:18   #5
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
Good luck with BT...

Sorry you are having such problems..When the VM is working it's a great service.However when VM get it wrong they do it big time.

PS.I've also suffered from the ninja callers but it's usually the Royal Mail ninjas the worst being when I found a parcel lobbed over the back gate and no note put through the door.Took me 2 days to find it.
Old 19-07-2011, 22:43   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darakuli View Post
Ask them to pull you a new cable, If your in an Ex Telewest Area ask them for a RG11 cable repull, If your in an ex NTL area your only gunna get an RG6 cable, However that should sort out your problem, When the cable team comes tell them to change your D Side and your E side as you could have a faulty pairing in the cabinet.
any decent tech will use there 9083 meter to test the drop. What's rg11 got to do with a phoneline?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote