Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

Old 22-04-2012, 23:44   #16
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

Even so, it's too much of a risk for all the other reasons mentioned. The off-shore call centre is deeply unpopular and VM's Head of Customer Experience needs to take note and do something about it

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2012, 10:05   #17
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Thread has been cleaned up with a number of posts removed. If you wish to continue debating, do so, but without any further unpleasantness.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 18:25   #18
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
All that will happen is that you will get the next person in the queue be that a UK agent or an offshore agent, the best bet is always as soon after 8am as possible.

They removed the direct line when they closed the Albert Dock call centre.
Not in my case, I was very insistent. I think what helped is I have pages of notes since about 2010 when my issues started to arise. I just tell them to look at those notes ( including ones from teh CEO ) and threaten them with OFCOM. Each time without fail I get put through to UK, sure they might be waiting and redialing til they get UK, but the end result is that I don't have to deal with the idiots in India. I also never raise my voice or swear.

So to clarify, it does work you just have to persevere. I have never been treated badly by UK call centres as tehy are trained properly.
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 18:25   #19
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Not in my case, I was very insistent.
When was that?

You would be hard pressed for that to happen now.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 18:31   #20
Risco
Inactive

Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
When was that?

You would be hard pressed for that to happen now.
Two weeks ago, and trust me it is not hard.
Old 23-04-2012, 18:32   #21
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Two weeks ago, and trust me it is not hard.
Very lucky to say the least.
Old 23-04-2012, 18:39   #22
Risco
Inactive

Quote:
Very lucky to say the least.
Maybe a bit lucky, or maybe it is because I know my rights a bit more than the average joe. Also where some people will get rude and angered, I am always calm and sit on the phone for 15 minutes explaining my issue if necessary. I also had already let the gimps in India previously run through all the necessary tests, send me a new superhub and book three engineers. The second was supposed to be a senior, but they sent a normal one. Eventually I got the right one, he picked up the utilization issue and notes were added to my file. It turned out to be a gradually degrading SNR at my UBR in the end.

This took me about 6 weeks of complaining and about £60 worth of credit; just check my recent posts in here. The main issue for people not getting things fixed is they do no persevere; nor are able to understand the technical side which I do once it is explained and therefore are unable to intelligently argue their point and get fobbed off with crap excuses.
Old 23-04-2012, 18:54   #23
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Maybe a bit lucky, or maybe it is because I know my rights a bit more than the average joe. Also where some people will get rude and angered, I am always calm and sit on the phone for 15 minutes explaining my issue if necessary. I also had already let the gimps in India previously run through all the necessary tests, send me a new superhub and book three engineers. The second was supposed to be a senior, but they sent a normal one. Eventually I got the right one, he picked up the utilization issue and notes were added to my file. It turned out to be a gradually degrading SNR at my UBR in the end.

This took me about 6 weeks of complaining and about £60 worth of credit; just check my recent posts in here. The main issue for people not getting things fixed is they do no persevere; nor are able to understand the technical side which I do once it is explained and therefore are unable to intelligently argue their point and get fobbed off with crap excuses.
I agree you should be able to speak to someone in the UK if you wish, but it's not your right to.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 19:51   #24
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Maybe a bit lucky, or maybe it is because I know my rights a bit more than the average joe.
It has nothing to do with knowing your rights at all as all technical support agents are classed the same, all you did was moan more than the average caller and the manager then probably rang a few times to get a UK agent before transferring you through.

Not every manager will do that for you as many will just follow process and pass you back into the queue where you would get the next available agent from any call centre.

Nothing wrong with moaning as it got you what you asked for, but the is no legal precedent for it to happen again and it may well never happen again.
Old 24-04-2012, 19:24   #25
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:

No need to be rude about the agents in India they are not gimps, all agents recieve the smae training however the UK staff you'll find have prob been in the job longer and there isn't the issue with the language barrier.
Old 24-04-2012, 19:32   #26
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I disagree, you can have a proper conversation with someone in the UK, discuss things and agree a course of action. When you speak to India you feel like you are talking to a brick wall. No matter what you say to them they give you the same response like they are a programed robot.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 19:46   #27
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

A person i knew who was in an ex-ntl area suffered from "walled garden" syndrome, after 4 calls to tech in india over a period of two weeks she phoned me up. After about 10 mins on each call reading through their little manuals they told her she needed a new computer and then hung up, i phoned and insisted to be put through to a uk tech (granted it was about 3 years ago) was refused, then told them what i knew and how badly the the woman had been treated, decided to go through to retentions and said come and take it all out, within 10 mins a uk tech phoned back, and by close of next day the issue had been resolved. That's all you need to know about India.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 21:15   #28
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
No need to be rude about the agents in India they are not gimps, all agents recieve the smae training however the UK staff you'll find have prob been in the job longer and there isn't the issue with the language barrier.
I back the General's view on this. You are VM Staff - so you're not even likely to have to suffer at the hands of the offshore agents - I might be wrong but that's how it seems to me.

Also you make no mention of the prior skills and competencies that are required from the offshore agents before they are hired. It seems to me that the UK agents have more network knowledge than the offshore agents.

Unless VM people can come up with an explanation from their side as to why the offshore call centre is so unpopular with its customers, then they would be wiser to keep quiet (and answer my question about hiring criteria).

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 21:18   #29
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Indeed seph, they do themselves no favours pretending issues dont exist.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 21:52   #30
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

if anything you would think it would be the other way around. If I worked on one half of the company (UK call centres) knowing that there was another part which was rubbish (India) I would be pee'd off because I know I would be having to work twice as hard having to deal with the frustrated cusutomers who should have been dealt with properly in the first place.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote