Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Fox wants to sell TV entertainment and film division to Disney?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Anyone else getting a quick flash of a message whilst watching recorded material?

Old 07-12-2017, 17:30   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Anyone else getting a quick flash of a message whilst watching recorded material?

I've noticed today that after FFing and rewinding that a message appears in the middle of the screen at the bottom.

It's goes off so quickly that it's impossible to read it, but does look to have the VM colour branding.

Anyone else experiencing this or know what it's about?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2017, 18:03   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Anyone else getting a quick flash of a message whilst watching recorded material?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I've noticed today that after FFing and rewinding that a message appears in the middle of the screen at the bottom.

It's goes off so quickly that it's impossible to read it, but does look to have the VM colour branding.

Just tried it and getting a message about the new tv app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pop up.jpg (389.7 KB, 43 views)

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/

Last edited by Sirius; 07-12-2017 at 18:11.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 21:33   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Re: Anyone else getting a quick flash of a message whilst watching recorded material?

Thanks. I've just tried it and it stayed onscreen after I pressed pause.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

...and now it advertises it whenever I delete a recording.

A message has also appeared that filled the screen that I had to delete.
Old 08-12-2017, 00:51   #4
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Yes - hope it goes away soon I hate all the red at the top of the home manu.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 00:53   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Me too MB, it's overkill, especially as some in the Coming Soon thread say it isn't working anyway!