Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 30-11-2017, 13:35   #2611
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Amber Rudd has joined with May saying it was 'wrong' and Sajid Javid was even stronger:

https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/statu...91541864255488

Quote:
So POTUS has endorsed the views of a vile, hate-filled racist organisation that hates me and people like me. He is wrong and I refuse to let it go and say nothing

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Meanwhile in Labour's very own version of cloud cuckoo land I've just heard Emily Thornberry on Radio 5 Live, whining on about how Trump's visit should be cancelled and stating that the UK should do business with the US without involving the President.

What planet are these people on?
Doing business with the US without Trump is pretty much what the government are trying to do. Congress is largely responsible for any trade deal and Liam Fox is well-connected with the Republican Party.

Keep the details largely hidden from Trump, call it the 'Trump is Great Trade Deal' and hope he doesn't attempt to torpedo it is the best option it seems.
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2017, 14:01   #2612
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Amber Rudd has joined with May saying it was 'wrong' and Sajid Javid was even stronger:

Doing business with the US without Trump is pretty much what the government are trying to do. Congress is largely responsible for any trade deal and Liam Fox is well-connected with the Republican Party.

Keep the details largely hidden from Trump, call it the 'Trump is Great Trade Deal' and hope he doesn't attempt to torpedo it is the best option it seems.
Yes but Trump has a degree of control of the U.S Military, if the U.S stopped defending us, Russia would think it’s their Christmas come early, not saying this would happen, but all this stop the State visit chatter does not help, we need them more than they need us.

Yes but all these MPs calling him out need to remember, specifically the Labour MPs, their leader supports Hamas, and Iran extremists. Not to mention the Anti-semitism that’s rife within Labour.
Old 30-11-2017, 15:49   #2613
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
What planet are these people on?

Globalism. Though they may not know it.
Old 30-11-2017, 16:09   #2614
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: New York Times have reported within the last hour that U.S Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is about to be ousted and replaced by CIA Director Mike Pompeo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/u...peo-trump.html
Old 30-11-2017, 16:13   #2615
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
BREAKING: New York Times have reported within the last hour that U.S Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is about to be ousted and replaced by CIA Director Mike Pompeo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/u...peo-trump.html
. . . all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Trumpy together again
Old 30-11-2017, 16:17   #2616
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Globalism. Though they may not know it.
A good many of them know exactly that but that's not to say the likes of Thornberry isn't a useful fool to some...

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Quote:

If Trump gets the hump with the UK things will get an awful lot harder so insulting him too much and then trying to sideline him doesn't bode well IMHO and would indeed put Labour in a very difficult position were they to be in Govt. and having to live in the real world...

Last edited by Osem; 30-11-2017 at 16:23.
Old 30-11-2017, 16:31   #2617
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

If Trump gets the hump with the UK things will get an awful lot harder so insulting him too much and then trying to sideline him doesn't bode well IMHO and would indeed put Labour in a very difficult position were they to be in Govt. and having to live in the real world...
He seems to get the hump very easily. May offered the mildest most diplomatic reaction to him retweeting Britain First and got into a huff so this seems like an impossible task.
Old 30-11-2017, 20:45   #2618
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:

If Trump gets the hump ...
Very good, you should do stand up

Surely our whole Brexit strategy isn't pinned on doing a deal with the Donald ?? If so it's a very risky strategy ! It'll depend how how he feels on the day, whether he won at golf, or somebody has been nasty to him on Twitter....
Old 30-11-2017, 21:19   #2619
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I was not talking about the video, though, I said initially, that it is not a falsehood what ISIS does to gays and I made a generalisation, I never mentioned the video and Hugh, in his rush to google search, came back to say what I was generalising to be a falsehood. No it isn’t as the CBS source link shows, as we know got to provide evidence these days on here.
I was discussing the videos that Trump had tweeted - if there was confusion, I apologise.

Two out of the three videos Trump re-tweeted did not represent what was stated in their description by Britain First.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
affectionately known as a hughgle search
Yahugh, actually....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 30-11-2017, 21:23   #2620
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
He seems to get the hump very easily. May offered the mildest most diplomatic reaction to him retweeting Britain First and got into a huff so this seems like an impossible task.
Really, what did he say again? I'm not sure I'd call that a major outburst despite the media and various opposition politicians trying to turn it into one.
Old 30-11-2017, 21:25   #2621
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Really, what did he say again? I'm not sure I'd call that a major outburst despite the media and various opposition politicians trying to turn it into one.
He said
Quote:
.@Theresa_May, don’t focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine!
1:02 AM - Nov 30, 2017
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 30-11-2017, 21:26   #2622
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
He said
I know.

So what? She told him what he did was wrong and he replied. Big deal.

He could have said the UK has just gone to the back of the queue for trade deals like that top bloke Obama.
Old 30-11-2017, 21:32   #2623
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

We are talking about the President and the Prime Minster here. Hardly normal for the President of the United States to slag off the PM via Twitter. But then it isn't normal for the President to retweet Britain First either.
Old 30-11-2017, 21:34   #2624
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
We are talking about the President and the Prime Minster here. Hardly normal for the President of the United States to slag off the PM via Twitter. But then it isn't normal for the President to retweet Britain First either.
Yes, that hadn't escaped me but we don't live in normal times - we live in the age of social media and that's changed everything. It's perfectly normal for world leaders to slag each other off (and far worse) the only thing that's different here is the means of delivery. That's where we are now.

By the way I don't call what Trump said 'slagging May off'. He told her to concentrate on UK affairs and not to worry about the US's.

Last edited by Osem; 30-11-2017 at 21:38.
Old 30-11-2017, 22:15   #2625
Mick
Cable Forum Team

I think what we can ALL agree on is that this is, one way or another, a totally different kettle of fish U.S President, whether people can stand him or not, he is different and he was technically elected on that premise.

I have said many times, I do not get the hysteria in the media and the constant minute by minute scandals that he has done or not done. Some have been Fake News others are just direct attacks at his communication style.

I fundamentally disagree with his actions over the last few days. But Theresa May does things that pisses me off too, but I would still vote for the party she leads. I am voting for the party, not it's leader.

In terms of the State visit, we are extending the invitation to the President of the United States, he represents the U.S whether people like it or not, he will be in position for next 3 years, or 7 if he is re-elected, if not, if things get serious with the Russian collusion story, if Mueller has something to get Trump with, it may go down a different path, but even impeachment proceedings will take a long time.

Democratic Congressmen have already produced articles of impeachment against Trump, I think Al Green, has submitted his second one in the last few weeks. But other Democrats don't want to entertain the idea as of yet.

Some are screeching 25th Amendment and fitness for office and that he is mentally deranged but to remove him on medical grounds, that is just as complex to invoke.

The Constitution was never written to make removing the President from office, an easy deal given that the Founding Fathers who created it, 4 of them actually became President.

The Mid terms may produce some interesting results, GOP may keep it's current standing or it won't but there is scandals rocking both parties right now, sexual allegations etc.

When Nixon was almost facing certain impeachment back in 1974, he had lost all of his political allies and the support from the people who elected him in to office. Trump still holds a solid support base. So if he is forcibly removed from office, I do not think it will go down well with the people who put him there, who still support him.
Closed Thread