Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 26-11-2013, 11:16   #91
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Netflix is to stream its first original documentary, The Short Game, on 12 December.

http://recombu.com/digital/news/netf...er_M12469.html
Advertisement
Old 26-11-2013, 12:52   #92
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

how does netflix work?

can you select the quality you want and let it buffer?

someone further up says the quality was 280 SD??
Old 26-11-2013, 14:03   #93
karma mechanic
cf.member

karma mechanic will become famous soon enoughkarma mechanic will become famous soon enoughkarma mechanic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
how does netflix work?

can you select the quality you want and let it buffer?

someone further up says the quality was 280 SD??
It starts off with low bandwidth and then rapidly* goes up to 1080p as it discovers what rate is effective on your connection.

* if the connection is slow for some reason it does the best it can, it may change from time to time.
Old 26-11-2013, 21:15   #94
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Has anyone yet added the free 6 months to the original 1 month trial?
If you (or anyone else) are still interested, I have just activated my 6 month code whilst in my one free month trial. The code was accepted and I had a message telling me that I had 6 months 100% free and that £35.94 was credited to my account.

I started my account/free trial on the 15th of Nov and my account says my next billing date will be 16th December and will cost £5.99.

I can not find any mention of the £35.94 credit wen I check my Billing Details, but there is a highlighted sentence telling me "! You are currently in a special programme and will not be charged" (My account is not showing any payment info either i.e. I currently have no credit/debit card to pay with my next bill with.)

So, whilst I have nothing clearly stating I have £35.94 credit, it would appear you do get to keep the free month trial as well as having the extra 6 month trial.

I will try to add a picture or two
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2013-11-26 19.56.12.jpg (164.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2013-11-26 20.09.10.png (123.8 KB, 37 views)
Old 26-11-2013, 21:25   #95
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Thanks Harry. I have activated the months free trial but decided to leave activating the 6 month offer until the first offer is about to expire.

I have to say I am quite impressed with the content Netflix has on offer and so far the picture quality has been very good.
Old 27-11-2013, 14:08   #96
greyposter
Inactive

Services: Tivio500
greyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nice

Where do I find this 6 months offer ?
Old 27-11-2013, 14:53   #97
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyposter View Post
Where do I find this 6 months offer ?
http://store.virginmedia.com/digital...d/netflix.html
Old 27-11-2013, 15:23   #98
harry_hitch

harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Thanks Harry. I have activated the months free trial but decided to leave activating the 6 month offer until the first offer is about to expire.

I have to say I am quite impressed with the content Netflix has on offer and so far the picture quality has been very good.

No worries. Yeah, I am not really one for watching massive amounts of TV content, but I have been impressed with House of Cards and also Lillehammer. I am going to give Hemlock Grove a go next as I love a bit of horror. Am not going to get my hopes up though, modern horror is (IMHO) pretty tame.
Old 27-11-2013, 15:30   #99
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
No worries. Yeah, I am not really one for watching massive amounts of TV content, but I have been impressed with House of Cards and also Lillehammer. I am going to give Hemlock Grove a go next as I love a bit of horror. Am not going to get my hopes up though, modern horror is (IMHO) pretty tame.
Indeed as my idea of horror would be The Evil Dead.
Old 27-11-2013, 17:19   #100
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

I prefer the old Christopher Lee style of Horror .... (ie tame!)
Old 27-11-2013, 17:26   #101
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
I watched the new Evil Dead on Monday using the Tivo youtube app.

I searched for 'full movie' and watched a documentary about Pablo Escoba, no Evil Dead though. I started up movietube on my phone and saw ED on there.

Back to the Tivo, typed in Evil Dead and it came up with 'full movie', go figure?
Old 27-11-2013, 22:03   #102
harry_hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
I quite enjoy The Evil Dead, I would say that my favourite would probably be the original The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. In my eyes, that film is just unrelenting on all fronts and is just pure psychological horror. I love all "types" of horror though, Halloween (pure suspense) Rosemary's Baby (slow burning creepiness through out) and "tasteful" non-excessively gory horror i.e. Martyrs.

I find that modern horror movies are very unoriginal and I feel as if they are trying to force the fear on to me, rather than letting me feel it for myself. Hence the feeling of tameness. Failing that, all that seems to be pumped out these days is "torture p%^n" i.e Saw series, Hostel etc.

Am rather disappointed with the Netflix selection of horror, but I am sure it will improve in time.
Old 27-11-2013, 22:53   #103
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
I quite enjoy The Evil Dead, I would say that my favourite would probably be the original The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. In my eyes, that film is just unrelenting on all fronts and is just pure psychological horror. I love all "types" of horror though, Halloween (pure suspense) Rosemary's Baby (slow burning creepiness through out) and "tasteful" non-excessively gory horror i.e. Martyrs.
If you like older horror films i'd recommend The Shining if you haven't seen it.

A very good portrayal of one mans descent into madness, preferably watched in a darkened room.
Old 27-11-2013, 22:59   #104
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Love this trailer for the Shining http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZexYRkI...%3DZexYRkIRhVs
Old 28-11-2013, 00:07   #105
harry_hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
If you like older horror films i'd recommend The Shining if you haven't seen it.

A very good portrayal of one mans descent into madness, preferably watched in a darkened room.
Yup, love it thanks John. Such a great film, the characters are all played wonderfully well, Hallorann is so cool. Kubrik and Nicholson is at their best.

I wish their could be a Lloyd in every bar I go to.

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Never seen that, that is excellent work.

I guess you have seen this one, but if not at the other end of the scale we have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Cby33ZR98
Closed Thread