Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 27-12-2013, 17:12   #166
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Very true, but 10Mb should be adequate, the Netflix site quotes 0.5Mb as enough for streaming.
My parents have found Netflix hit and miss via TIVO during the day it will stream at Super HD however some evenings and weekends its down at 480 and occasionly hits 720 , they don't have this issue if they use there home VM BB connection.
Advertisement
Old 27-12-2013, 22:13   #167
mdb1992
Inactive

Services: VM V.I.P Package
mdb1992 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all i got my 6 month code so i went on netflix app and it says start free one month trial. If i choose this can i have 7 months free or do i not do this.
Old 28-12-2013, 08:34   #168
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Yes, you can do the trial first
Old 28-12-2013, 19:14   #169
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb1992 View Post
Hi all i got my 6 month code so i went on netflix app and it says start free one month trial. If i choose this can i have 7 months free or do i not do this.
Can confirm this works as I did it
Old 28-12-2013, 20:28   #170
mdb1992
Inactive

Thanks
Old 29-12-2013, 00:22   #171
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Cool re: Netflix/Streaming Services

cool:I love netflix think it is great value for money
Old 29-12-2013, 19:48   #172
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
cool:I love netflix think it is great value for money
Me too, i've just started watching over the last few days and I must say i'm really impressed, if I could drop some of the garbage from my VIP package and it saved me money, I would seriously consider paying the £5.99 per month for Netflix.
Old 29-12-2013, 22:51   #173
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

What I am finding slightly annoying about Netflix is that some of the TV shows do not have every series of that show available for viewing. Fair enough if the series has just been shown on the normal TV station, but for example Star Trek The Next Generation, which has been off the air for quite a while, only has series 1 to 4; Castle only has the first two series.

I don't like starting watching a show and then wondering how am I going to watch the remaining shows; is it going to appear on Netflix soon or even at all. I just finished watching series 1-3 of Justified, but now I am stuck about series 4, will it appear? Luckily 5usa appear to be repeating series 4.
Old 30-12-2013, 01:13   #174
mdb1992
Inactive

For some reason everytime i watch netflix the picture is rubbish. It either judders or the lip sinc is out, how can this be sorted out
Old 30-12-2013, 01:39   #175
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
For some reason everytime i watch netflix the picture is rubbish. It either judders or the lip sinc is out, how can this be sorted out
You might need to set your TV's refresh rate if TIVO is the same as the WDTV with Netflix and doesn't change it automatically. For example if it's a 23.976fps show/movie then set your TV to 24hz, if it's 25fps set it to 50hz and if it's 29.97fps set it to 60hz.

You can start whatever it is you want to watch in a web browser then press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+C to see the frame rate you need to set.
Old 30-12-2013, 02:02   #176
mdb1992
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
You might need to set your TV's refresh rate if TIVO is the same as the WDTV with Netflix and doesn't change it automatically. For example if it's a 23.976fps show/movie then set your TV to 24hz, if it's 25fps set it to 50hz and if it's 29.97fps set it to 60hz.

You can start whatever it is you want to watch in a web browser then press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+C to see the frame rate you need to set.
Thanks but my TV is LG and as far as i know i cant change it from 50hz, any ideas. Everything else on Tivo plays well just netflix judders and its awful and unwatchable
Old 30-12-2013, 03:12   #177
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Thanks but my TV is LG and as far as i know i cant change it from 50hz, any ideas. Everything else on Tivo plays well just netflix judders and its awful and unwatchable
My TV is LG too and i need to change the refresh rate manually through the WDTV each time i watch Netflix. Check the TIVO's settings as it may let you change manually too, i don't have TIVO so can't check.

It's a pain in the backside but better than having juddery panning scenes all the time.
Old 30-12-2013, 03:50   #178
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

My tv is a LG42LF7700 Trumotion 100Hz, i do not have a problem with netflix but my son does on his Lg 32 50hz tv so he watches it through his xbox and that seems to work for him don't know why it just does.
Old 30-12-2013, 03:53   #179
mdb1992
Inactive

Sorry to be a pain but what does WDTV mean and how do i change the settings on tivo?
Old 30-12-2013, 18:13   #180
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I am sure that Customer Services can sort this out for you rather than having to start worrying about these technical issues. You may need a visit, though.
Closed Thread