Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Atlantic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky Atlantic

Old 01-10-2010, 11:57   #1
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Sky Atlantic

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...c-channel.html

Quote:
Sky has confirmed the launch of the Sky Atlantic channel to carry its exclusive HBO shows, as well as the new series of Mad Men poached from the BBC.
Now would I be called cynical if I suggested that in the week Sky 1 HD comes to Virgin Media that Sky might not allow Sky Atlantic to appear straight away on other channels and move some of their more popular shows to the new channel as exclusives.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2010, 12:21   #2
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: Sky Atlantic

thank god I have sky for tv. I like mad men..the show only..i should say
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 00:20   #3
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

So could this channel be in preperation for the closure of Bravo and Channel One, so they can move the US imports such as Chuck, Leverage, Sons Of Anarchy, Spartacus et al. on to it perhaps?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 16:16   #4
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Personally I only really watch 2 American shows, Fringe and True Blood. I know True Blood is a HBO show but FX appear to have that nailed down for the next season at least. At the moment SKY Atlantic doesn't really sound like an appealing channel to me so I wouldn't be too fussed if it doesn't come to Virgin.

If I really had to, I can grab the latest episodes of my favourite shows elsewhere anyway. Not something I like doing but if push comes to shove....
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 17:35   #5
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I think that Sky will find that will be pretty much what most people will do rather than subscribe to Sky..
Old 02-10-2010, 19:16   #6
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I think that Sky will find that will be pretty much what most people will do rather than subscribe to Sky..
Indeed.

As Sky puts stuff on channels only available on there system. The more i look for alternative supply routes

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote