Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Telephone line busy? (Multiroom)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Telephone line busy? (Multiroom)

Old 18-04-2010, 16:14   #1
Azza88UK
Inactive

Azza88UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Telephone line busy? (Multiroom)

Hi everyone, i have multiroom normal Sky downstairs and Sky+ upstairs, they are both plugged into the phoneline. The Sky upstairs shows the phoneline is connected but the downstairs Sky shows its busy which currently no one is on the phone.

The problem is ive changed filters and even just plugged the downstairs Sky into the Bt box on the wall on its own and still says "Telephoneline is busy" so which im guessing theres an internal problem.

So has anyone got any suggestions?

Thank you
Azza88UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2010, 16:35   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Telephone line busy? (Multiroom)

Call sky, could be a broken modem in the box. Leave just the Sky tv and telephone plugged in and give them a call or they will whine when one of the boxes doesn't call home.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 17:03   #3
Azza88UK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Call sky, could be a broken modem in the box. Leave just the Sky tv and telephone plugged in and give them a call or they will whine when one of the boxes doesn't call home.
Ye they've already started whining by sending me a letter, i got to call them tomorrow about it as they're sending the box a signal and told me to call them tomorrow. I'll mention about the modem and see what they say.

Thanks for the help
Old 18-04-2010, 18:57   #4
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Try swapping the modem cables on the boxes.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 14:57   #5
Azza88UK
Inactive

I decided to get HD+ and swap it with the normal skybox. However im slight confused on the HD package im getting with it for £10 per month. I heard that the package only contains HD channels of normal channels im currently getting. So e.g. im currently im paying £10 for skyports per month and in the HD package will i get skysports in hd?

So could someone explain me it to me please?

Thanks
Old 21-04-2010, 19:35   #6
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

If you have a channel in your subscription (eg Sky sports) and it has a HD channel available then you get that channel. You do not get all the HD channels just by paying the £10 per month.
So if you have channels like Nat Geo or Discovery Channel in your subscription package you will get those HD channels too. If you do not have a channel in your package you do not get the HD for it.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 20:14   #7
Azza88UK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
If you have a channel in your subscription (eg Sky sports) and it has a HD channel available then you get that channel. You do not get all the HD channels just by paying the £10 per month.
So if you have channels like Nat Geo or Discovery Channel in your subscription package you will get those HD channels too. If you do not have a channel in your package you do not get the HD for it.
Oh right i think i get you, so i still have to pay £10 for skysports and £10 to have it in HD?
Old 06-06-2010, 00:13   #8
andymo
Inactive

andymo is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried interchanging the modem cables like Lord Nikon said. I sure that might just do the trick.
andymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 00:42   #9
Azza88UK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymo View Post
Have you tried interchanging the modem cables like Lord Nikon said. I sure that might just do the trick.
Wayyyyyyyy to late, i got Sky HD now lol
Old 06-06-2010, 23:09   #10
andymo
Inactive

andymo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azza88UK View Post
Wayyyyyyyy to late, i got Sky HD now lol
Good for you then!lol. [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
andymo is offline   Reply With Quote