Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | My first Sky rant since rejoining!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

My first Sky rant since rejoining!

Old 28-07-2010, 15:01   #1
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
My first Sky rant since rejoining!

I recently moved house and ended up locked into a 12 month contract with BT for my phone & broadband which wasn't too bad as they gave me a free BT Vision box, unfortunately BT Vision is at best rubbish, the EPG constantly locks the box up, the box only records when the wind is blowing in the right direction and normally needs a full reboot prior to the event and the cooling fan on the box itself sounds like it was pulled straight from a wind tunnel.

So I hurled the box in the wheely bin and ordered Sky+HD, wangled free installation and a free box without having to take Sky Talk or Broadband and waited for the engineer to turn up.

I wish I'd not bothered letting him in the house now, from the moment he arrived he was huffing, puffing and sighing at everything, mumbling "for ***** sake" every few minutes and show a complete lack of interest in the job at hand.

Eventually though he finished and I hurriedly shoo'd him out of the house and went to survey the damage. He'd decided to staple the phone cable to the carpet and wall without asking me, bloody awful looking job too, I went to unplug the cable with the intention of ripping it out and hiding it under the carpet properly before my 2 1/2 year old son could get to it and the 2 connected wires fell out from the plug itself, same thing happened on the back of the Sky Box.

I then took a look at the roof he'd planted the dish on, bare connectors all round and he'd thrown the cable down the back of the roof, lifted the flashing and a couple of tiles and tucked it underneath one (leaving the other tiles and the flashing still lifted).

So, after half an hour trying to get some sense out of bangalorian* bint I finally got put through to the engineering team who are apparently sending out the sub-contractors "manager" to survey the work that was done.

So, if you ever get a Sky install, make sure your engineer isn't wearing a stetson and spurs before you let him in the house.

*might not be a real word.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2010, 16:49   #2
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki
Re: My first Sky rant since rejoining!

You contacted Sky about this?

I'm pretty sure they just use local contractors.
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 17:06   #3
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
You contacted Sky about this?

I'm pretty sure they just use local contractors.
Um yep.

Quote:
So, after half an hour trying to get some sense out of bangalorian* bint I finally got put through to the engineering team who are apparently sending out the sub-contractors "manager" to survey the work that was done.
Probably should have made that a bit clearer.
Old 28-07-2010, 17:21   #4
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Make sure to take pictures of the lousy job
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 09:08   #5
Bifta
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
Make sure to take pictures of the lousy job
Good point, never thought of that.
Old 29-07-2010, 10:19   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

and post them on here hehe
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 11:16   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Did he forget to carve welcome to sky on the living room wall?
Old 07-08-2010, 21:19   #8
andymo
Inactive

andymo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he did.lol.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
andymo is offline   Reply With Quote