Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Did you visit the enemy tonight?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Did you visit the enemy tonight?

Old 14-07-2010, 00:51   #1
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Did you visit the enemy tonight?

Well tonight has certainly been busy in the Coming Soon thread. Plenty of speculation about SKY Movies and SKY Sports HD, especially the unconfirmed £7.00 charge.

It's time to own up. Did you go over to the SKY website tonight to confirm / compare what life would be like on the other side?

I did, and when taking into consideration their pending price hike, the deal didn't look to good.

EDIT: Sorry I've started this thread in the wrong section of the site. Can this be removed / deleted by the Mods?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2010, 01:01   #2
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Did you visit the enemy tonight?

Delete it lol!!

I had a quick look earlier, I don't want a dish on my wall though. No one has one is my street. would spoil the look of the house. It's early 1900's.
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 01:04   #3
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Yes I did, would be £10 dearer, don't even know why I looked as I don't even subscribe to sports and movies
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 01:08   #4
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

I worked out that I could get XXL BB, XL TV & Phone, plus SS and SM for £1 more the same TV bundle as Sky, and phone line, but 30 more megabits of speed.
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 01:57   #5
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
I worked out that I could get XXL BB, XL TV & Phone, plus SS and SM for £1 more the same TV bundle as Sky, and phone line, but 30 more megabits of speed.
If the age in your profile is correct (15), YOU shouldn't be able to get services from anyone

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 10:30   #6
EBD3000
Inactive

Services: L Phone, L Broadband, XL TV, Tivo, V-HD, Xbox 360
EBD3000 has a spectacular aura about themEBD3000 has a spectacular aura about themEBD3000 has a spectacular aura about themEBD3000 has a spectacular aura about them

I cannot get Sky so no I didn't.

To get Sky I'd have to cut down some 100+ year old trees (I live next to a wood) which keep my house cooler in summer. Overlooking the fact that I'd never be allowed to cut them down I'd prefer to keep the trees.

Unfortunately I cannot get freesat either.
EBD3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 18:08   #7
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
If the age in your profile is correct (15), YOU shouldn't be able to get services from anyone
Haha true point there. Okay parents then :P
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 13:35   #8
andymo
Inactive

andymo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBD3000 View Post
I cannot get Sky so no I didn't.

To get Sky I'd have to cut down some 100+ year old trees (I live next to a wood) which keep my house cooler in summer. Overlooking the fact that I'd never be allowed to cut them down I'd prefer to keep the trees.

Unfortunately I cannot get freesat either.
LMAO, awesome imo. [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
andymo is offline   Reply With Quote