Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky+ upgrade from Sky.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky+ upgrade from Sky.

Old 18-06-2010, 14:08   #1
Shinglesa
Inactive

Shinglesa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Sky+ upgrade from Sky.

Hi
I have just been given a sky+ box from my friend and I was going to give it to my daughter to use instead of the sky base box. When the man installed the normal sky box he put in the special lead that has two ends as he said "just in case you want to upgrade I've put in the sky+ lead for you." I think it's known as an LMB wire? Not too sure.
So I thought I could just plug it in no problems, but it didn't work it said I have to upgrade.
So my question to you is what do I need to ask Sky to do, and why do I need to upgrade? And also will they charge me?
Thanks in advance everyone!
Also, i'm a newbie.
Shinglesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-06-2010, 14:12   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky+ upgrade from Sky.

Sky+ functionality is only available with a Sky+ subscription, Without that it should just act like a normal Sky box

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

Woops, tell a lie, just seen some reports from 2007 about the sky+ subscription being scrapped as long as you are a sky digital subscriber???
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2010, 17:10   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Unless he gave you his card you will need to call sky to get the box paired to the card you are using, they will do it over the phone for you.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:29   #4
andymo
Inactive

andymo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Sky+ functionality is only available with a Sky+ subscription, Without that it should just act like a normal Sky box

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

Woops, tell a lie, just seen some reports from 2007 about the sky+ subscription being scrapped as long as you are a sky digital subscriber???
Thanks a lot for clearing that one for us. [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
andymo is offline   Reply With Quote