Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just A quick query, can i get both services?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Just A quick query, can i get both services?

Old 10-05-2012, 15:14   #31
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads
Re: Just A quick query, can i get both services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
the device is used by the other isp's as well just this is a rebranded version.
Thats what i wanted to hear
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2012, 17:00   #32
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
the device is used by the other isp's as well just this is a rebranded version.
It is still a heap of junk without 8 downstreams and even if other ISP's use this device those devices cannot be used on the Virgin Media network even if you could buy one, who by the way uses this outdated modem with rebranded cases.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 17:22   #33
boroboi
cf.geek

boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
It is still a heap of junk without 8 downstreams and even if other ISP's use this device those devices cannot be used on the Virgin Media network even if you could buy one, who by the way uses this outdated modem with rebranded cases.
It doesn't need 8 downstreams at this present moment in time, regardless, if Virgin Media can get Ambit 300s from ambit then they can be used on the network.

Test have been run by various people on various communities, the VMNG300 is a better piece of hardware for the gamer on the VM network at this present time. If the next "SuperHub" is better than the current one, then i will upgrade to that. If not, then so be it.

Nobody cares what a piece of turd it is, how outdated it is or any other negative thing you can say about it as long as it does what it's supposed to do.
Old 10-05-2012, 17:36   #34
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
It doesn't need 8 downstreams at this present moment in time, regardless, if Virgin Media can get Ambit 300s from ambit then they can be used on the network.

Test have been run by various people on various communities, the VMNG300 is a better piece of hardware for the gamer on the VM network at this present time. If the next "SuperHub" is better than the current one, then i will upgrade to that. If not, then so be it.

Nobody cares what a piece of turd it is, how outdated it is or any other negative thing you can say about it as long as it does what it's supposed to do.
Neither device should have been bought and the reason they were bought was probably due to a bung, do not hold your breath over them taking a backwards step to the VMNG300 either as the network is going forwards not backwards.
Old 10-05-2012, 21:28   #35
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Other ISPs have the same device with 8 downstreams.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 22:14   #36
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Other ISPs have the same device with 8 downstreams.
It would be amusing if they took a backwards step and bought an updated device, but being Virgin Media somehow I doubt it but you never know, I still believe they should have gone with one of the other modems they tested which were all mainstream devices from recognised sources, again unlikely.

Your Superhub has better capabilities than either of the present devices in use which is doubly amusing.
Old 10-05-2012, 22:52   #37
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Your Superhub has better capabilities than either of the present devices in use which is doubly amusing.
wait? what?
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 22:53   #38
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
wait? what?
You did see the mad Superhub he built did you not.
Old 10-05-2012, 22:54   #39
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
You did see the mad Superhub he built did you not.
oh right, sorry, misunderstood you there
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:01   #40
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
whats amusing is this out of date piece of junk is

(a) more stable than the superhub
(b) better performing than the superhub even tho it has less DS channel capability.
(c) uses less power even when combined with a dir615. I tested the devices on a watt meter this week.

Also since VM seem in no rush to enable 8 channels everywhere that advantage for the superhub is minimal at the moment.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:44   #41
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
whats amusing is this out of date piece of junk is

(a) more stable than the superhub
(b) better performing than the superhub even tho it has less DS channel capability.
(c) uses less power even when combined with a dir615. I tested the devices on a watt meter this week.

Also since VM seem in no rush to enable 8 channels everywhere that advantage for the superhub is minimal at the moment.
Yo have noticed that I refer to both devices as they could have bought better equipment with the required 8 downstreams and many people already have 8 downstreams.

You may feel the VMNG300 is stable but compared to the other modems tested it is still junk, akin to comparing Model T Ford and a Ferrari considering what could be sitting on your desk I would prefer the Ferrari every time.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:39   #42
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Well, depends on your definition of "can be"

Any cable modem, "can be" used on the VM network.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:34   #43
boroboi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
Well, depends on your definition of "can be"

Any cable modem, "can be" used on the VM network.
My definition of "can be" used is based on VM only activating modems they've sourced themselves and given to a customer.
Old 11-05-2012, 19:58   #44
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
My definition of "can be" used is based on VM only activating modems they've sourced themselves and given to a customer.
Then your definition is correct.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote