Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just A quick query, can i get both services?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Just A quick query, can i get both services?

Old 07-05-2012, 16:49   #1
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads
Just A quick query, can i get both services?

So i'm thinking of ways to get around the problem of jitter. I'm in contact with the CEO office complaints team and looking at getting a VMNG300 in an effort to reduce jitter enough to be able to game at any time other than 3am, but another idea came to my head...

Can you get both the ADSL service AND cable on the same account?
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2012, 16:54   #2
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Just A quick query, can i get both services?

No, and the VM ADSL service is repugnant if not hosted on Cable and Wireless.

If you want ADSL take it from another operator, you'll need a BT line in any event.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 16:56   #3
boroboi
cf.geek

boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Mod edit, that idea was short lived. Cheers!
Old 07-05-2012, 17:28   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

I'm told the CEO's office has run out of VMNG300's, but you can have my old one if you can convince them to activate it on your line.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 19:53   #5
boroboi
cf.geek

A generous offer, thanks. I heard the same thing, but i know of at least one other person who has been promised one, after i heard that. I'll wait and see what they say
Old 08-05-2012, 10:49   #6
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Become a business customer

For business critical applications, we can provide a number of resilient options for our MIA service. Our special MIA pre-sales team will help design a solution to give you added reassurance. For example, we can give you two completely independent connections to our network, with automatic switchover in the event of one of them failing (called dual-homing). And if you need even greater resilience, our multi-homing option means you can automatically switch over to an entirely different provider’s connection, in the unlikely event of a fault with ours.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 16:33   #7
boroboi
cf.geek

I don't have the money to waste on such an option i'm afraid

On a positive note, i've been told that VM are expecting an order of VMNG300's from Ambit sometime shortly.
Old 08-05-2012, 16:50   #8
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
I don't have the money to waste on such an option i'm afraid

On a positive note, i've been told that VM are expecting an order of VMNG300's from Ambit sometime shortly.
Really? I was under the impression the item had been discontinued.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 17:01   #9
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

I'm sure they have but don't forget that some Virgin reps will say absolutely anything to get shot of a customer.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 17:11   #10
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
I'm sure they have but don't forget that some Virgin reps will say absolutely anything to get shot of a customer.
I was told we no longer have a contract with Ambit to supply any of there modems, Therefor if we have no contract then we cannot order them through our system.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 17:25   #11
boroboi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
Really? I was under the impression the item had been discontinued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I was told we no longer have a contract with Ambit to supply any of there modems, Therefor if we have no contract then we cannot order them through our system.
This came directly from the CEO's office, from the complaints manager.
Old 08-05-2012, 17:44   #12
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
This came directly from the CEO's office, from the complaints manager.
Well i hope your right but i have been trying to get a VMG300 for 2 months now to replace this super hub and i have been told repeatedly i cannot have one because they don't have them and that was also asking internally.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 18:07   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

I think this is more likely to happen as the VMNG300 does not exist, they would be better off buying some off the shelf kit that actually works.

If

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Quote:
Well i hope your right but i have been trying to get a VMG300 for 2 months now to replace this super hub and i have been told repeatedly i cannot have one because they don't have them and that was also asking internally.
It says it all that you cannot source one internally considering the kit you have had in the past.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 18:08   #14
boroboi
cf.geek

Quote:
Someone over on their support forums had one a week or two ago. The official consensus seems to be that you can't have one, but if you lodge a complaint through the CEO office, they will comply with you in most cases.

In my case, they either get me a VMNG300 or they lose a customer of over 10 years as this is the last and only option available to me. Since they seem to have a lot of requests for it, it wouldn't surprise me if Ambit had some in surplus themselves and VM can request them if needed? Perhaps they can buy them in from Ambit's own surplus, who knows... but they ARE available.
Old 08-05-2012, 20:15   #15
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:

After thinking about this I now wish it to be true simply because it would be hilarious to watch just like feeding time at the shark enclosure when some chum is thrown in, the switchboards would be jammed, hopefully it is happening now simply because of a rumour.

But somehow I think sanity may have prevailed and Virgin Media have not gone and brought back an antique, they should invest in quality off the shelf equipment not toytown pap.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote