Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 14-06-2013, 15:38   #4141
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
Les Miserables. 7/10

A bit too much singing.
l prefer the old musicals personally.
Old 14-06-2013, 20:05   #4142
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Man of Steel

Very entertaining, brilliant effects. But too many stupid moments let it down. I thought it was better than star trek anyway.

I would give the film 9 but have to mark it down -1 for the stupid bits and -1 for Louis Lane. so a 7. If you can get past the bits I didn't like and if you like super hero films you won't be disappointed.

And for once the trailers didn't spoil it unlike star trek.
Old 14-06-2013, 23:03   #4143
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Man of Steel

5/5, loved it... And that's coming from someone who's never really liked Superman and has always preferred Batman.

As much as I enjoyed Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness, I enjoyed this more.

My only real issue:

Spoiler: 
For someone so keen to protect humans, Superman didn't seem to give a crap about collateral damage when he was fighting Zod and co...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 23:57   #4144
chris9991
Inactive

chris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant future

Man of Steel - 6/10

Visually the movie looked brilliant, however I had some issues with the content

Spoiler: 
I almost walked out of the film, the fight scenes were incredibly long and found that they reminded me of the big battle in the last Transformers movie. If you've seen one tower block collapse you've seen them all.
chris9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 23:17   #4145
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Now you see me = 10/10 IMO. Brilliant film
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 23:47   #4146
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

So you went to the Cineworld secret screening
Old 18-06-2013, 00:04   #4147
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
So you went to the Cineworld secret screening
Ya i now i know why they called it secret screening. Fits well into the films theme. I really enjoed the film and the shock at the end was great too
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 21:18   #4148
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Man of Steel 9/10

Really enjoyable a great addition to the current crop of comic book hero movies
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 22:40   #4149
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

Star Trek Into Darkness

7/10 good film not quite "Star Trek" though
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 23:02   #4150
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Just watched Das Boot again on Blu Ray. Brilliant...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 23:03   #4151
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing

After finishing work on The Avengers, Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse) spent 12 days on a secret shoot at his own house: A black & white modern-dress adaptation of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.

The cast? A whole load of his favourite actors from his TV series, such as Alexis Denisof and Amy Acker.

The result? Wonderful

9/10
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 08:33   #4152
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Panic Room(2002) - Jodie Foster 8/10
Claustrophobic thriller, believable characters, could watch again.

---------- Post added at 07:33 ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 ----------

The Perfect Storm (2000) 8/10 George Clooney
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 12:02   #4153
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Man of Steel - 6.5/10

Aside from some moments of genuine tension, there wasn't much else that really grabbed me. An 'Ok' movie, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 12:36   #4154
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Man of Steel 7/10. My butt cheeks kept asking "When will it end?" but the film was just able to hold me in my seat.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 14:37   #4155
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

The Last Stand.

7/10. Ridiculous story-line, but the last half hour was entertaining.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote