Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Petrol & diesel vehicles ban (2040).

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Petrol & diesel vehicles ban (2040).

Old Yesterday, 17:13   #331
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant future
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban (2040).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

We need to get away from the car obsession and start using our legs sometimes. Might help with the obesity epidemic too.

I am disabled and can only walk less than 40 yards so the option to start walking is impossible for me, the bus or train station is too far for me.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 17:17   #332
denphone
Still alive and happy

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I am disabled and can only walk less than 40 yards so the option to start walking is impossible for me, the bus or train station is too far for me.
Nothing like Mr K's obsession with generalising and stereotyping everybody again.
Old Yesterday, 17:28   #333
Mr K
cf.mega poster

Services: 150MB BB, TiVo & VHD XL TV, Talk Unlimited
Mr K has reached the bronze age
Mr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Yes, you missed out the bit on my post where I said there'd have to be exceptions for those that genuinely couldn't get around.
Old Yesterday, 18:36   #334
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant futureKen W has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Yes, you missed out the bit on my post where I said there'd have to be exceptions for those that genuinely couldn't get around.

My apologies for missing that point.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:45   #335
Onramp
cf.addict

Onramp is on a distinguished roadOnramp is on a distinguished road

Petrol / Diesel ban - How do they know that they will be in power in 2040 in order to decide this? Or has it already been decided by someone with more authority than whoever might be in power?

I'm not against the idea, but I would imagine they will want to make sure everyone is properly tagged, tracked and in the shiny new national carbon / battery rental / "energy-usage database" before all the rest of the vehicles are allowed to be electric-only. That is to say - if car ownership is even a thing by then. They will probably try to outlaw private vehicle ownership entirely, eventually - that is if self-driving electric taxis become cost-effective enough before electric vehicles are allowed to reach maximum penetration.
Onramp is online now   Reply With Quote