Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plane Spotters Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Plane Spotters Corner

Old 09-09-2009, 23:01   #151
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Quote:
I know an Emirates or Singapore airlines flies in to Heathrow every day too.
They're surprisingly hard to spot, too, living under the flightpath I rarely look up these days, so I only ever see them if I'm out and about and they happen to go over. Seen Emirates, Singapore and a single Qantas one climbing out over Ealing a few weeks back which nearly caused me to swerve off the M4.
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2009, 23:29   #152
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I remember when I first saw a 380, was on the bike on the M25 (partner on the back) going to Farnborough where the A380 was on display.. Low and behold the singapore airlines one took off right in front of us So in the end we saw two that day
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 19:21   #153
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Will someone please tell that Spitfire pilot that although I do love seeing spitfires flying in this day and age going across the top of my house 4 times in the last 30 minutes is a bit much for me whilst I've got a headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will try and snap a pic if he goes over again!!!
Old 15-09-2009, 14:49   #154
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I'm not sure if this is on topic for the tread but the closure details of BAE Woodford in 2012, with a further 205 jobs to be be lost at Samlesbury in Lancashire, 170 staff at Warton in Lancashire and 111 workers at Farnborough in Hampshire have just been announced.

Living near the Woodford site I used to love seeing the Vulcan and Nimrod fly overhead when I was a child. I know the closure was on the cards but it is still a blow to those employed by BAE and to the local communitys.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6835040.ece
Old 15-09-2009, 16:10   #155
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

As a child, I remember putting my fingers in my ears a number of times at the Woodford airshow when a Vulcan came past.

A sad end to another innovative British company:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 16:16   #156
Kymmy
Inactive

Used to go all the time to Woodford and Barton for the air shows..
Old 09-11-2009, 23:29   #157
Earl of Bronze

One for the plane spotters....

I was chatting to a mate of mine and he happended to mention a German company that is now selling newly built Focke-Wulf FW 190's. So I thought I'd post a link here incase the forum kite-lovers hadn't seen it.

http://www.flugwerk.de/

All in German ofcourse, but I think we can all muddle throught.
Old 09-11-2009, 23:37   #158
Kymmy
Inactive

They also have P51 1:1 sirframe kits
Old 10-11-2009, 00:23   #159
Earl of Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
They also have P51 1:1 sirframe kits
Apparently someone is now also building ME 262's.... Haven't found the buggers yet tho....
Old 10-11-2009, 09:48   #160
Kymmy
Inactive

http://www.stormbirds.com/project/index.html

Old 15-12-2009, 18:31   #161
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Live webcast of first flight of the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner starting at 17:40 today 15th December if all goes to plan:

http://787firstflight.newairplane.com/ffindex.html

Webcast button is at the top right.

Take-off hopefully happening soon.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 22:17   #162
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Here is a cool little site for tracking aircraft...

http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 22:24   #163
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

thats ace
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 22:30   #164
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Just found two aircraft belonging to my ex-employer. TNT
Old 15-01-2010, 05:00   #165
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Quote:

Cracking site major reps for that.