Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Old 14-02-2015, 13:35   #331
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
No, they have a drive in their computer already, otherwise it wouldn't be able to start up.
Seriously thats being pedantic now, of course there will be a system drive, but for the sake of storing games on an HDD it, in the example you gave an external drive would be the best option.

Quote:
No, what's silly is your suggestion people download a game, play it once, delete it, then download it again the next day.
Again being pedantic, nobody gets a game plays it just for one day, deletes it and then downloads the next day.

People will download it play it if they really like it, after a few days they finished it, and then delete it, with the option in the future to download and play again.

Lets not talk about silly scenarios that wouldn't happen shall we Qas.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I torrent with the best of them and i dont come anyway near 200gb a day. If you think you are going to fill your hdd up, buy a bigger hdd or nas to store your movies on. I think you are being a bit OTT though. I have got friends who have got hundreds of games sitting on their hdd.
I don't.

I was replying to Qas silly suggestion. Please do read the full conversation first

It is easy to download 200GB in 4-5 hrs with a good constant 17MB/s if you have the top speed on offer and you can get it.

Even at half the speed up to 10hrs.

There is plenty of people who act like a seedbox and download everything, because they sell the stuff to their mates etc, so all the movies, albums and games are constantly grabbed and seeded because most are on tough torrent sites where a good sharing ratio is needed to stay there.
DABhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2015, 14:02   #332
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
It is easy to download 200GB in 4-5 hrs with a good constant 17MB/s if you have the top speed on offer and you can get it.

Even at half the speed up to 10hrs.

There is plenty of people who act like a seedbox and download everything, because they sell the stuff to their mates etc, so all the movies, albums and games are constantly grabbed and seeded because most are on tough torrent sites where a good sharing ratio is needed to stay there.
You're sort of contradicting yourself here. If someone is downloading at 17MB/s all day every day but is concerned with their share ratio, then they have a very serious problem - their upload speed is, at best, about 1.5MB/s and that will get traffic managed quite harshly through the day.

Also anyone that serious about downloading wouldn't be torrenting the stuff. In any case, only a handful of people are going to be that bad.

I consider myself a fairly heavy downloader and according to Virgin, I only downloaded ~850GB between August and December.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2015, 14:08   #333
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

Talk about getting away from upstream channel discussion

My connection been fine so any work either haven't started on my part of Uddingston or its finished which I don't think as still on 16QAM and this never changed.
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2015, 14:30   #334
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Seriously thats being pedantic now, of course there will be a system drive, but for the sake of storing games on an HDD it, in the example you gave an external drive would be the best option.
No, you're being obtuse and changing your story.

You were the one who suggested people had to re-download their games 30 times a month if they wanted to play them more than once.

Quote:
Again being pedantic, nobody gets a game plays it just for one day, deletes it and then downloads the next day.
Then why did you say exactly that to try back up your case?

Quote:
I was replying to Qas silly suggestion. Please do read the full conversation first
Perhaps you should heed your own advice.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 01:56   #335
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
You're sort of contradicting yourself here. If someone is downloading at 17MB/s all day every day but is concerned with their share ratio, then they have a very serious problem - their upload speed is, at best, about 1.5MB/s and that will get traffic managed quite harshly through the day.

Also anyone that serious about downloading wouldn't be torrenting the stuff. In any case, only a handful of people are going to be that bad.

I consider myself a fairly heavy downloader and according to Virgin, I only downloaded ~850GB between August and December.
Was giving an example Don't take it as what happens with heavy users.

---------- Post added at 00:56 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
No, you're being obtuse and changing your story.

You were the one who suggested people had to re-download their games 30 times a month if they wanted to play them more than once.
And you were the one who said they do it every day did you not? I think you did. Which is why I replied to you and said it was Pedantic.

Quote:
Then why did you say exactly that to try back up your case?

Perhaps you should heed your own advice.
You haven't changed one bit Qas, you only talk about the previous post, but never the posts in a whole conversation. So you end up replying about something that is now a larger conversation, but you only talk about the last few sentences.

You were the one who brought up the HDD as a storage medium to stop them downloading games, and of course the silly 1 day example, and I told you that would be silly as people would fill them quite easily.
Old 16-02-2015, 23:38   #336
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
And you were the one who said they do it every day did you not? I think you did. Which is why I replied to you and said it was Pedantic.
No, you did, now you're trying to lie your way out of it now it's been totally discredited.

Quote:
You haven't changed one bit Qas, you only talk about the previous post, but never the posts in a whole conversation.
No, once again that's exactly what you're doing. I replied to an earlier post which you're now pretending does not exist, and trying to change the conversation to take my responses out of context.

Quote:
You were the one who brought up the HDD as a storage medium to stop them downloading games, and of course the silly 1 day example
Your example, not mine. You're looking mighty silly right now, discrediting yourself and blaming me for it!
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 23:41   #337
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

So about dem upstream channels...
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 10:12   #338
DABhand
Inactive

Yeah they are rubbish from Uddingston :\

Always T3 errors now and again unfortunately.
Old 18-03-2015, 17:04   #339
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Going down hill again slow speeds at night.

0.PNG

1.PNG
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 10:18   #340
Martin_D
cf.geek

Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

If it's not utilisation what is it

Capture.PNG
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2015, 23:58   #341
Martin_D
cf.geek

Had some work done on CMTS am on but don't know what it means

I asked over on the VM forum and this is the reply I got

I've checked that ticket reference and I can see it relates to FPM work. It says you were put on to FPM2. It was done on a node by node basis.

I'm no network guru but I believe it stands for forward path matrix. Maybe someone else can shed more detail on this.

The one you provided was linked to your CMTS but not cable. Your cable was done on reference C00684703 but it was the same work anyway.
Old 20-12-2015, 00:04   #342
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

It's nothing interesting. Routine stuff. Doesn't in and of itself affect service.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 18:59   #343
Martin_D
cf.geek

My Broadband is down and the repair time is shocking

F004155238 Fix Time: January 20th by 1pm
Old 13-01-2016, 19:18   #344
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

I would imagine that's a noise ticket and your fault is unrelated but they are presuming it is
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 19:20   #345
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yeah, I have seen stupid estimates like that before where they don't know what the problem is and they give themselves a tonne of leeway just in case. I wouldn't be surprised if it got fixed in the early of the morning.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote