Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

[Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

Old 08-10-2016, 02:07   #676
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

I prefer Channel 4's Car SOS Tim and Fuzz are great presenters and real people get real cars fixed up. Exotic cars and locations are fine in James Bond, but a car show ain't proper unless it has grime.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2016, 07:20   #677
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
RIP Top Gear.

The BBC need to change the format. It's evident they're incapable of mimicking Clarksons format and it was wrong to expect them to do it. Although even with changes its hard to see Top Gear beating this. Absolutely love the idea and I actually think that Trailer looks better than the TG with Clarkson in, as if to say with the massive budget they've made it even better. That trailer was epic, everything I expected and more. Its like one giant Top Gear special of old but a whole season of it.
Amazon are on a winner. I signed up for prime for 1 year and ordered a firestick because of the Grand tour. I wonder how many other's will sign up ?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer

Last edited by Sirius; 08-10-2016 at 08:05.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:52   #678
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

My cousin and brother have signed up lately while we have been with Prime for over a year now.
Old 06-02-2017, 21:48   #679
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

coming soon...

admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:04   #680
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

That looks like it might actually be good. They have gone back to the format of three guys having a laugh, rather than the approach of the Evans fronted series with many different hosts.
Old 07-02-2017, 17:55   #681
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

That does actually look good. Hopefully they can pull it back from the last one.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 18:02   #682
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Hopefully they've embraced the fact they're not the old Top Gear.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 18:14   #683
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Hopefully they've embraced the fact they're not the old Top Gear.
Might take a look mainly because they have gotten rid of chris the gob Evans. i hope its good as i need something to fill the gap between the Grand tour seasons

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 16:25   #684
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

March 5th

Old 28-02-2017, 18:39   #685
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well Matt Le Blanc has planned to retire in his 50's.

Plus he is worth overt $60m so doesn't need to work.

What they need to do is have some ex-F1 drivers.
Old 25-04-2017, 14:34   #686
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
This series of Top Gear was thought to have put the brakes on the show’s decline since the ill-fated one with CHRIS EVANS at the wheel.

But it seems it’s hit the skids again.
The final episode of Top Gear with frontman Matt LeBlanc drew in an all time low for the show

Sunday night’s episode, the final one of the series with MATT LeBLANC drew in an average audience of 1.89million, 10,000 LESS than Evans’ all-time low last year.

An insider said: “Although the series hasn’t had any major issues, it hasn’t attracted the huge numbers it used to.

“This year was all about stability because it is a huge global brand for the Beeb and has to work for them. But the ratings have dropped slightly on the last show which they’re not happy about.”
Source

Doesn't look like they've managed to re-create the old magic.
Old 25-04-2017, 14:59   #687
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I actually enjoyed the entire series. I didn't miss the old trio one bit.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 15:31   #688
admars
cf.mega poster

it definitely got better as it went on, the team starting to "gel" more, although they seem awkward when "chatting" to the star in the car still.

I found Rory annoying to begin with, but I thought the last 2 episodes were very good, and he didn't annoy me
Old 25-04-2017, 18:51   #689
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

I try to watch it but around halfway I find I can't take anymore of LeBlanc or the other two nonentities and have to delete it.

Sure it is better than the Chris Evans shows but if the audience keeps dropping it is ultimately doomed.

I probably won't bother with the next series at all.

Come to think of it The Grand Tour wasn't up to much either.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 21:15   #690
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

How is this a Current Affair? It's a poxy TV series about cars that always has been boring no matter who presented it.

Last edited by Mr K; 25-04-2017 at 21:22.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote