Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 19-10-2017, 08:37   #2281
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
So what did Obama do that was soooooo bad?
https://townhall.com/columnists/john...-time-n2254303

don't shoot the messenger
Old 19-10-2017, 10:55   #2282
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Well over 12 months later and still nothing concrete, not that Mueller himself is legitimately qualified to investigate. Many times, it's been said, Mueller has breached the 'conflict of interest clause', being a good friend of James Comey for a start and then bringing in a grand jury, some of those said to be Obama/Hillary Clinton supporters and donors. Hardly seems fair and impartial does it ?
You know what the House, Senate, FBI and special investigator investigations have turned up so far? It was made very clear that this process would run for a long time.

I'm not sure how the House investigation is going, though, given Trump transition staffer Devin Nunes' determined attempts to undermine it having potentially released classified information then 'recused' himself.

Anyone who has a political opinion is disqualified from any job involving a politician? That's the vast majority of the United States excluded.

For your comments most of the US Congress, including the GOP, disagree regarding Mueller and seem to consider him fine. The only people I can see firing off accusations of bias seem to be Trump supporters. I appreciate the ongoing effort to discredit any US institution that Trump doesn't like or that doesn't do as he says however in this case apart from his base he has little support. If there are issues with the work that is produced they can then be taken up however being worried that due to bias Mueller may investigate too much doesn't work.

If he's done nothing wrong he's going to be fine.

Talking of Russia, though, when is Trump going to implement those sanctions that were voted through on a veto-proof majority?

Quote:
As for them looking in to the extent of the Pardoning power. There are those in congress who have tried and failed to scale back it's power. But as some may know. A President cannot be indicted while in office, they have to be impeached first, which takes a lot of time and effort. Said this before, the Constitution was not written to make it easy to remove a sitting President from office.

So while the argument is, President cannot pardon himself, if removed from office, he just gets his running mate to do it once he's sworn in to office, like Nixon's running mate did for him upon Nixon's resignation. But let's not forget he has to have committed a crime first or abused his Presidential powers.
I imagine a bunch of legal experts , including constitutional lawyers, are aware of this.

Quote:
Lots of Republicans in the Rust Belt, had to put up with Obama for 8 years, unless Mueller has something solid on Trump and something spectacular happens for the Democrats, in the upcoming mid terms, Donald will be with us until 2021, or 2025 if he is voted in for another term.
Yeah, those years of economic growth, increased access to healthcare, the actions that saved the US car industry, the over 6 straight years of private sector job growth, etc, must have been a real torment.

https://tericarter.wordpress.com/201...g-under-obama/

I'm sure the GOP are looking forward to him blaming them for all his failings in 2021 if he were still in office. Steve Bannon seems to think he has a 30% chance of completing his full term.
Old 19-10-2017, 11:23   #2283
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Yikes!

http://nypost.com/2017/10/17/trump-t...signed-up-for/

Quote:
President Trump told the widow of a Green Beret who died in Niger that the soldier “knew what he signed up for … but when it happens, it hurts anyway” during a phone call Tuesday.
I hope this is fake. If it isn't I'm thinking 45 should follow what he claimed was the example of 44, etc, by not calling people.
http://deadline.com/2017/10/donald-t...rs-1202190770/

Quote:
Asked if Trump is denying using the words Wilson claimed he had, or if Trump is “just saying she took it the wrong way, out of context,” Sanders deflected, answering multiple people in the president’s vicinity “believed the president was completely respectful, very sympathetic, expressed the condolences of himself and the rest of the country, and thanked the family for their service and commended them for having an American hero in their family.”

“I don’t know how you could take it any other way,” Sanders insisted...

...Sanders took a question from April Ryan, who reported Johnson’s widow said Trump did not know her husband’s name and kept referring to him as “your guy” during the phone call.

“Just because the president said ‘your guy’ I don’t think that means he doesn’t know his name,” Sanders shot back.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 19-10-2017, 11:40   #2284
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
So what did Obama do that was soooooo bad?
I can think of one straight away.

Interfere in our EU Referendum. Some of those in Congress, go on and on about the Russians meddling in their elections, and this is plural as it has been said this happened not just in 2016. Either by hacking email accounts or by influencing via social media.

But David Cameron, gave a license to allow the 44th U.S President to directly influence our democratic process by threatening the back of queue BS, if people voted Brexit.

This should never have been allowed, but because of Cameron’s very strong Remain stance, he allowed it. Probably also ordered a photo shoot with Prince William and his son George as a sweetener, during his visit.

The fact the Crooked Clinton’s are currently here, in UK. I read somewhere Bill is meeting PM, to discuss Ireland, but I saw a video of him on Twitter mocking Brexiteers, and Hillary, when she has finished falling over, going on about Brexit being a mistake, had she won, would have stuck to Obama’s back of queue for trade threat.
Old 19-10-2017, 11:45   #2285
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Trump hated Obama long before the EU referendum. Besides if he was so bothered about foreigners interfering in their election then he wouldn't have had Nigel Farage campaigning for him in the Presidential Election.

Quote:
The fact the Crooked Clinton’s are currently here, in UK. I read somewhere Bill is meeting PM, to discuss Ireland, but I saw a video of him on Twitter mocking Brexiteers, and Hillary, when she has finished falling over, going on about Brexit being a mistake, had she won, would have stuck to Obama’s back of queue for trade threat.
Let's see what becomes of this US trade deal. Given they have a protectionist in the White House I am not optimistic.

Last edited by Damien; 19-10-2017 at 11:48.
Old 19-10-2017, 12:06   #2286
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Trump hated Obama long before the EU referendum. Besides if he was so bothered about foreigners interfering in their election then he wouldn't have had Nigel Farage campaigning for him in the Presidential Election.
Nigel Farage, spoke at one of his rallies of supporters, and spoke of Brexit he said to the crowd, he couldn’t possibly come to the US to tell them who to vote for, him mocking Obama for coming here and interfering in our Referendum, but if he could vote, he would not vote for Hillary, even if she paid him to. But crucially, you compare a foreigner interfering, this being Nigel Farage, but he wasn’t one the Worlds major leaders, nor was he in any government.

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post

I'm sure the GOP are looking forward to him blaming them for all his failings in 2021 if he were still in office. Steve Bannon seems to think he has a 30% chance of completing his full term.
You suddenly care what Steve Bannon says/thinks?

He did right thing resigning. He is too far right to hold a key advisers role in the White House. That’s probably General Kelly’s doing.
Old 19-10-2017, 13:00   #2287
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
I can think of one straight away.

Interfere in our EU Referendum. Some of those in Congress, go on and on about the Russians meddling in their elections, and this is plural as it has been said this happened not just in 2016. Either by hacking email accounts or by influencing via social media.

But David Cameron, gave a license to allow the 44th U.S President to directly influence our democratic process by threatening the back of queue BS, if people voted Brexit.

This should never have been allowed, but because of Cameron’s very strong Remain stance, he allowed it. Probably also ordered a photo shoot with Prince William and his son George as a sweetener, during his visit.

https://tericarter.wordpress.com/201...g-under-obama/
Old 19-10-2017, 14:27   #2288
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Ahh Wordpress, so it's a blog, so just potentially biased opinions for all you or I know.

Btw, I don't normally click links where people offer no information or opinion, about what they are linking to.

None of those claims on the blog, refutes his interference in our referendum, or removes the fact that what he did, was one of the things he did that was bad and he still did bad things, IMO of course.
Old 19-10-2017, 14:36   #2289
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Obama's interference in the UK referendum and 'back of the queue' threat was an utter disgrace.
Old 19-10-2017, 18:23   #2290
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Ahh Wordpress, so it's a blog, so just potentially biased opinions for all you or I know.

Btw, I don't normally click links where people offer no information or opinion, about what they are linking to.

None of those claims on the blog, refutes his interference in our referendum, or removes the fact that what he did, was one of the things he did that was bad and he still did bad things, IMO of course.
I did not offer an opinion.I thought it was up to you to read it and form your own AFTER you read it. Also what OTHER bad things did he do?
Old 19-10-2017, 20:02   #2291
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I did not offer an opinion.I thought it was up to you to read it and form your own AFTER you read it. Also what OTHER bad things did he do?
You want me to form an opinion on your link but you don't offer one yourself ?

As to other bad policies / poor things he did

Let's see....
  • Obama’s initial poor response to assess the threat posed by the Islamic State, to date, this remains baffling and hints at naivete about jihadist's powerful appeal.
  • In Syria, America’s back seat approach, under his leadership to the civil war, helped trigger a massive refugee crisis with such far-reaching fallout, it appears to be now shaping European politics. Actually, there is no 'appearing' to be, just look at Germany's recent election, a far right party, back in the German Parliament since the Second World War and just this last week, Austria, with right wing parties, totally against immigration, elected to power.
  • Under Obama's watch, China continued to expand its presence, in the South Chinese Sea, without a meaningful U.S. response.
  • Like Presidents before him, the lack of a firm, U.S Response to the North Korea threat. Under Obama's watch, Kimmy boy or "Rocket man", was gaining the ability to build Nuclear weapons, with various tests carried out, sure sanctions were levied, but as usual, proved pointless, nor curbed Kim's appetite to build a Nuclear weapon.
  • Obama’s handling of Russia deserves no applause. The reset of relations made sense, though the bit of plastic and button, that Hillary came with did not, the White House appears to have been asleep at the wheel, when it came to the Russian President Vladimir Putin’s decision to annex Crimea.
  • Still on the subject of Russia, Obama was informed of the Russian attempts to interfere in the U.S Elections in 2016, months before November 8th and he did sweet FA about it.

To conclude, Obama’s foreign policy record was mostly one of complete failure. Sure the Iran deal, may hold some water, if it holds out. (Which I personally, don't think it will).

The outcome in Iraq and Afghanistan may not be wholly, his fault, given that these wars were failures, before he even took office, but some of his lack of judgement and poor decision making, by him and his advisors, following on from when he did take office, compounded the mistakes he inherited.
Old 19-10-2017, 20:34   #2292
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Is this thread about Obama or Trump?
Fwiw I thought Mr Obama was a nice guy. Yes he had an evil plan to give everyone, (even the poor!) access to healthcare, but I'll forgive him that. Don't think Republicans ever got over the colour of his skin.
Old 19-10-2017, 20:57   #2293
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don't think Republicans ever got over the colour of his skin.
Yet more inaccuracies and outright nonsense.

You do realise there is African American Republicans don't you ?

To name a few:

Tim Scott https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Scott

Ben Carson https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K
It's about a President, so the comparing of other Presidents is bound to happen from time to time, it is none of your concern, really.
Old 19-10-2017, 21:26   #2294
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Nail on the head. Trump is a great fan of trying to move the debate away from his failings and it's now being replicated here and elsewhere. Personally, I think it's better to acknowledge Trump's failings as he won't change if he's in a constant state of denial.

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Let's see what becomes of this US trade deal. Given they have a protectionist in the White House I am not optimistic.
I would have been sceptical of a trade deal between the EU and US let alone a UK-US one. The States can afford to be quite protectionist in many ways as it such a huge market (323m people) whilst the UK can't (64m people).
Old 19-10-2017, 22:29   #2295
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Nail on the head. Trump is a great fan of trying to move the debate away from his failings and it's now being replicated here and elsewhere. Personally, I think it's better to acknowledge Trump's failings as he won't change if he's in a constant state of denial.[COLOR="Silver"]
Nope, not nail on head at all. I'd sure like to know what failings he's made in just 10 months in office.... Sure repeal of obamacare has failed but he's still trying...

As for the recent dead soldier thing, I think General Kelly, really hits the nail on the head... in the Press Conference earlier...

Closed Thread