Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 21-12-2016, 14:32   #2506
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Just spoke to Retentions and they confirmed a V6 box will start a new 12 month contract.
Aren't all retentions deals 12 month minimum term though? If you went through customer services perhaps it wouldn't involve re-contracting...?
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-12-2016, 15:36   #2507
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Aren't all retentions deals 12 month minimum term though? If you went through customer services perhaps it wouldn't involve re-contracting...?
I was already in a contract (~ 6 months to go).

It would be alarming is the same equipment sourced via the two channels resulted in 2 different contract commitments.
Old 21-12-2016, 16:15   #2508
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

when i got a 12 month contract deal back in November 2016 the guy i was speaking with told me when the V6 Box's came out ring Virgin will close that old Contract and start you up with a new one at no cost to me so i did lol
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 16:25   #2509
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

For me, the guy just added the 2 V6 boxes to my account along with the fees and removed my 2 VHD boxes. All that changed was my bill. My contract remained the same.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 17:15   #2510
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
You have a PM
Thank you for the PM sp. I think I will stick to my old Tivo as any further deterioration in my downstream effecting my existing equipment can not then be blamed on any issue other than over contention and I refuse to go under a new contract for a new box that could well have issues.

With the reduction in my service charge for BB I will see what happens over the next few months as I have been informed by a team member over on the community forum that
Quote:
"any dates provided surrounding a high demand for our service in your area are purely dates for review only.

It is quite possible that the faults experienced may be resolved before or after any dates mentioned".
Looking out through the window I am sure I just saw a flock of pigs circling my area.
Old 21-12-2016, 20:58   #2511
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I was already in a contract (~ 6 months to go).

It would be alarming is the same equipment sourced via the two channels resulted in 2 different contract commitments.
Given VM's track record it wouldn't be surprising though.

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
when i got a 12 month contract deal back in November 2016 the guy i was speaking with told me when the V6 Box's came out ring Virgin will close that old Contract and start you up with a new one at no cost to me so i did lol
You believed him? Seriously?

Got that in writing, hand signed and enforceable in court?
Old 21-12-2016, 21:11   #2512
chunkymonkey
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and Broadband size L V+HD and VHD
chunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

I've got my 2 boxes being installed on 28th. Are they as noisy as the current TiVo ones?
chunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 21:40   #2513
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
I've got my 2 boxes being installed on 28th. Are they as noisy as the current TiVo ones?

I have a TiVo and its silent!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 22:38   #2514
bebop
Inactive

bebop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Go through to Retentions ('thinking of leaving of leaving us' option) and explain your dilemma. They have more flexible options than Customer Service.
Many thanks passingbat, and to OhReally and jb66 too. Followed the tip to go through to Retentions, who were immediately more helpful than CS, and who advised I need to first activate my account by getting my services up and running before they could see what could be done. I'm hopeful. Will set up the TiVo and Superhub tomorrow and then see what VM can offer me. Thanks again.
bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 14:00   #2515
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point

what a farce we just had as an install and its not the engineers fault.

We are down to get 3 v6 boxes.

but 'dispatch' said they would only activate 2.
He spoke to his supervisor and he said it was OK for all 3 to be activated.
Phoned VM they said its fine too.

He tried 6-7 times to get them of 3 activated but they will only activate 2.

So we are now waiting for VM to phone back to arrange the 3rd box install as the installer couldn't wait around...
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 19:36   #2516
bebop
Inactive

Many thanks again for the advice the other day regarding me just missing out on the V6 box when signing up as a new customer. Called Retentions yesterday who were extremely reasonable and helpful on the phone, and I was pleased with what they offered me, which was a credit on my account for the box/installation fee, leaving me to pick up the activation fee.

I guess under my circumstances they didn't have to do this, but I was very pleased that they did - hats off to VM for excellent customer service. Not only that, but the chap in Retentions managed to find an installation date for next Wednesday (or the wait would have been until mid-February) so extra chuffed with the outcome. Thanks again!
Old 24-12-2016, 00:29   #2517
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop View Post
Many thanks again for the advice the other day regarding me just missing out on the V6 box when signing up as a new customer. Called Retentions yesterday who were extremely reasonable and helpful on the phone, and I was pleased with what they offered me, which was a credit on my account for the box/installation fee, leaving me to pick up the activation fee.

I guess under my circumstances they didn't have to do this, but I was very pleased that they did - hats off to VM for excellent customer service. Not only that, but the chap in Retentions managed to find an installation date for next Wednesday (or the wait would have been until mid-February) so extra chuffed with the outcome. Thanks again!
Do you work for VM?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 01:06   #2518
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Do you work for VM?
lol, it does sound a bit like that!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 01:47   #2519
bebop
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
lol, it does sound a bit like that!
Haha. No I don't. But they could have stonewalled me and given me nothing (as my first attempt went until I posted on this forum and received advice). But frankly, it was refreshing to speak to a customer service team (Retentions) who acknowledged the situation I was in, and did something about it. So fair play to that.
Old 25-12-2016, 10:51   #2520
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipp View Post
what a farce we just had as an install and its not the engineers fault.

We are down to get 3 v6 boxes.

but 'dispatch' said they would only activate 2.
He spoke to his supervisor and he said it was OK for all 3 to be activated.
Phoned VM they said its fine too.

He tried 6-7 times to get them of 3 activated but they will only activate 2.

So we are now waiting for VM to phone back to arrange the 3rd box install as the installer couldn't wait around...
well its due to high utilistation in my area with an estimated fix in April. They did say however, once cleared they will install the 3rd box completely for free and said I would only pay for 2 currently and proceeded to give us credit until April for high utilisation.

However the agent has put the original charges through wrong. Charged for installiation but got 3 boxes for 99.99. (On VIP)

23 Dec Activation Fee £14.99
23 Dec Manned Installation Charg £40.00
23 Dec V6 Box Activation Fee £99.95
23 Dec Virgin V6 Activation Fee £0.00
23 Dec Leapfrog Addl TBR £0.00

If it doesn't adjust by the next bill we need at least an adjustment for the v6 activation fee to 49.95 don't we? As the second box is free on VIP correct? The total charge above appears on the contract but not seperated like above.

The credit for the high utilisation is on charges but the installation rates are not adjusted.

Last edited by philipp; 25-12-2016 at 10:59.
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote