Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

sky sports red button

Old 30-04-2011, 19:08   #751
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road
Re: sky sports red button

I still cant see it here in Medway Kent
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-04-2011, 19:16   #752
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodash View Post
I still cant see it here in Medway Kent
It musn't be available on VM right now.

It's working on Sky but not much to write home about today other than highlights and goal flashes.

I wonder why they have fired up the 14 interactive streams as they don't seem to be getting used much, let's see if match choice pops up at 1015.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 19:39   #753
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

thanks Mersey,wonder if it will be ready for match choice
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 19:45   #754
mersey70
Inactive

mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodash View Post
thanks Mersey,wonder if it will be ready for match choice
From the launch webpage and what staff have said on here it seems unlikely but I guess you will know soon enough!

I am sure it will be available next season though.
Old 30-04-2011, 19:48   #755
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
There is no doubt then at the moment we have a very watered down version which is better then nothing but lets hope by August that this improves significantly.
I would have totally agree with that

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 19:58   #756
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I would have totally agree with that
Let's face it though VM's publicity of the service has been a bit watered down too. We have no idea what the contract involved and whether it has to be staggered, whatever the reason.

I have a hunch (just my opinion) they don't want to upset the blessed Tivo customers too much when they have shelled out for a service that cannot even provide BBC red button never mind Sky, it might keep people with V/V HD/V+ a bit longer if the full red button was available on those boxes now. What those 14 streams are providing though is anyones guess, they definitely seem to have comparable capacity to Sky's red button services.

It will pan out, I think it will be a pretty comprehensive service eventually.
Old 30-04-2011, 20:00   #757
gers
Inactive

gers can only hope to improve

VM staff havent been told about the red button as I asked a vm staff member and I knew more than him vm havent told there staff about the RB
gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 20:02   #758
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post

Very much so. VM are coming on leaps and bounds in my eyes and i cannot wait to see whats next.

Old 30-04-2011, 20:02   #759
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers View Post
VM staff havent been told about the red button as I asked a vm staff member and I knew more than him vm havent told there staff about the RB
Masque knew the launch date before us (understanable), he has confirmed that.

I doubt call centre staff would know much more than us about what will actually be provided though.
Old 30-04-2011, 20:06   #760
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Let's face it though VM's publicity of the service has been a bit watered down too. We have no idea what the contract involved and whether it has to be staggered, whatever the reason.

I have a hunch (just my opinion) they don't want to upset the blessed Tivo customers too much when they have shelled out for a service that cannot even provide BBC red button never mind Sky, it might keep people with V/V HD/V+ a bit longer if the full red button was available on those boxes now. What those 14 streams are providing though is anyones guess, they definitely seem to have comparable capacity to Sky's red button services.

Lets hope so as it gives the viewer much more options.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 20:08   #761
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
I knew a bit about when and how but i was not going to post it ahead of the release the other day. We as staff have to agree to a confidentiality clause about posting on forums when it comes to new products.

Old 30-04-2011, 20:10   #762
gers
Inactive

Quote:
Masque knew the launch date before us (understanable), he has confirmed that.

I doubt call centre staff would know much more than us about what will actually be provided though.
Quote:
He workedin st enochcentre for vm
Old 30-04-2011, 20:10   #763
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I knew a bit about when and how but i was not going to post it ahead of the release the other day. We as staff have to agree to a confidentiality clause about posting on forums when it comes to new products.
Very wise that mate it's not great to speculate , you know what some people react like
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 20:13   #764
gers
Inactive

Quote:
Can you spill the beans if match choice will b allowed tonight?
Old 30-04-2011, 20:16   #765
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Can you spill the beans if match choice will b allowed tonight?
No sorry. I don't post info that i am not authorised to post