Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Not Playing Fair With Existing Customers!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Not Playing Fair With Existing Customers!

Old 11-05-2012, 15:35   #16
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media Not Playing Fair With Existing Customers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
AFAIK the OP is on Virgin Media
Yes, but VM can change VM policy.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2012, 21:07   #17
Intasun32
Inactive

Intasun32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I meant that is one way to get L 30, as everyone gets the current advertised speed when they move onto a Collection.
@BenMcr,

Sorry but I must have missed this is both the letter that arrived informing me that VM were doubling my speed, also on the VM web site. Is this a condition that you had to increase your package before you received the 30mb? Perhaps this is in the VERY, VERY SMALL print! Could you please post a link?

Intasun32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 22:27   #18
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intasun32 View Post
Is this a condition that you had to increase your package before you received the 30mb?
No. Absolutely not. The new speeds are the ones that people will be on either after they have been automatically doubled; or before if they specifically arrange it.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 22:30   #19
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Meanwhile you'll be paying the same price as a new customer getting double your speed until your area is upgraded - in my case the earliest estimate for that is October streching to July next year. Do I feel ripped off - you betcha. Do I care - not really VM had already done enough to lose my business forever even before this.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 22:37   #20
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
Meanwhile you'll be paying the same price as a new customer getting double your speed until your area is upgraded - in my case the earliest estimate for that is October streching to July next year.
Can you think of a better way to do it that does not complicated things like their billing system too much?

Quote:
Do I feel ripped off - you betcha.
Going by posts on here and DS, a lot of people have got their upgrades early either by VM calling them or vice versa.

If I hadn't called them and asked for my upgrade early would I feel "ripped-off"? No because there's no reason to feel that way at all. Everyone is currently getting the speed they paid for (No pedantry please. You know what I mean!) and they will get their speed doubled for free as soon as possible.
Old 12-05-2012, 22:37   #21
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

I've no intention of calling retentions in case I find they've slipped me onto another 12 month contract without mentioning it. You know - the sort of problems you had not knowing just what you'd committed to and what product you were supposed to be getting.

No it's pastures new for me - there's a nice new FTTC cab just up the road from me - powered up now and waiting for BT to finish whatever is they do that takes them months before they sell - probably making sure it works I guess - after all they aren't VM who sell stuff to the public whether it's fit for purpose or not.
Old 12-05-2012, 22:39   #22
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Sorry. I edited my original post as kwikbreaks was replying to my original one. I originally just suggested they call retentions and get their speed upgraded now before I realised they'd already left VM.

Quote:
I've no intention of doing that in case I find they've slipped me onto another 12 month contract without mentioning it. You know - the sort of problems you had not knowing just what you'd committed to and what product you were supposed to be getting.
Sorry, no. No experience of that at all.
Old 12-05-2012, 22:51   #23
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Sorry, no. No experience of that at all.
Looks like either your account was hacked the other day or Alzheimers has come-a-visiting you then...

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...l#post35423939

Quote:
Quote:
Well that was interesting.

Just got my contract through and nearly died; but luckily a phone call got the problem sorted.

Problem #1
Price was the same and not lower. (Not really a problem as long as it wasn't higher but did wonder why!) Turns-out that this was a new 12-month contract for all services and therefore my Tivo charge was now £5 and not £3

Problem #2
This was, apparently, a "promotional price" which would increase by £10 at the end of the promotional period. Again, a quick call to retentions explained that it was, indeed, for the full 12 months and I should call to re-negotiate after that time.

So, not paying less but getting higher BB speed. Wish I could pay less and get a lower speed as I don't really have much use for the faster speed Ho hum! Such is life (I think they said that only way to now pay less would be to drop back to 10mb but that would also drop me to M phone and I don't want to do that!)

Also interesting to note that the 'deal' I got - on Monday - they would not be able to offer today.

Just some thoughts and observations for those thinking of changing packages.

And, according to 'My Virgin Media': "You're up and running on one of our new double speed packages." So I really don't know what the truth is now
Old 12-05-2012, 23:06   #24
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Looks like either your account was hacked the other day or Alzheimers has come-a-visiting you then...

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...l#post35423939
That explains a lot of his posts IMO
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 23:34   #25
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
A fair point. However, I was really responding to the bit in bold here.

Quote:
I've no intention of calling retentions in case I find they've slipped me onto another 12 month contract without mentioning it. You know - the sort of problems you had not knowing just what you'd committed to and what product you were supposed to be getting.
I have always been told the important points like about new contracts.

The issue I had was of no real consequence to or of anything. I was just wanting something clarified where one thing was (incorrectly, as it turned out) told to me. None of which affected the actual service I was getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
So he's ignoring me but still feels free to comment on posts I make via other people. Isn't that rather hypocritical?

Quote:
...after all they aren't VM who sell stuff to the public whether it's fit for purpose or not.
WRONG! If it was "not fit for purpose" they would be in big trouble. Okay yes, that specific term applies to goods and not services, but I assume you get my point?
Old 13-05-2012, 07:56   #26
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Same here, but I got mine the same week

I've never had any problems.

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

I can confirm this. I was also told that I would lose 'net access on the day they switched me to 30mb if I didn't install the superhub. I didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intasun32 View Post
@Carlwaring,

Thank you for confirming what I had been told.

You're both wrong, you only get a service based on the modems set to be provisioned for that service. So if you have a modem that isn't able to get 30Mb, the platform will not provision you. End of.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 08:22   #27
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 08:49   #28
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
So if you have a modem that isn't able to get 30Mb, the platform will not provision you. End of.
I had a "modem" (actually, I had a standard hub) that could not get more than 10mb, so by your logic I couldn't have 30mb. Yet I have because they gave me a SuperHub. So, sorry but you're wrong.
Old 13-05-2012, 09:38   #29
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I had a "modem" (actually, I had a standard hub) that could not get more than 10mb, so by your logic I couldn't have 30mb. Yet I have because they gave me a SuperHub. So, sorry but you're wrong.
huh?

If you have a none d3 modem you won't get service if your account is provisioned to a 30+ service, you don't get "as good add the modem can do"
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 10:33   #30
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That was wrong. Due to the way the order is processed, the 30Mbit config change doesn't happen until you install the SuperHub
Sorry if this is going back a few days, but this isn't what happened to me. I had the SuperHub delivered to me mid week and was going to leave till the weekend. But the day after receiving it I lost connection. I phone up and was told I had been upgraded to 30Mb. I was given no warning. I was under the impression that I had to fit the hub then contact them for the upgrade.
Just the normal communication from VM
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote