Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Not Playing Fair With Existing Customers!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

lost my free double speed?

Old 11-05-2012, 22:59   #1
UserOfVirgin
Inactive

UserOfVirgin is an unknown quantity at this point
lost my free double speed?

I'm a 10Mb customer for another week or so. I bought the 30Mb service which starts next week.

My connection was due to be doubled towards the end of the year with Virgin's current speed up promotion, but when ordering my 30Mb connection today I asked if I'd still get the double speed promotion, i.e. to 60Mb.

I was told that I'd not get the double up because I'd upgraded.

Is this standard for everyone? You only get double up on your speed if you don't buy a faster connection?
UserOfVirgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2012, 23:27   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: lost my free double speed?

The 30Mbit you have are getting is this i.e. L 30. This is a new tier, and is not part of the speed double programme.

It is XL 30, which costs more than L 30 does and is also no longer available, that is getting double to 60Mbit, which is what is now advertised

So you haven't lost anything - you are in fact going to get 10Mbit more than you would have got as part of the automatic upgrades as M / L 10 is going to 20Mbit
Old 12-05-2012, 00:32   #3
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

It seems pointless to advertise all these amazing speeds if they cant actually supply them?

We are supposed to be on the 60Mb but in reality we are lucky if we get 10Mb at certain times of the day?

We were getting a more consistent service when we were on their 10Mb service
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:39   #4
VMboy
Inactive

VMboy is infamous around these partsVMboy is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgie View Post

We were getting a more consistent service when we were on their 10Mb service
I've just been downgraded due to this, and I am still like many others having speed issues, hopefully the fix ticket reference that keeps getting mentioned will sort out this high utilisation if indeed this is the actual cause.
VMboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 23:47   #5
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

I was on the phone to V/M today, and got through to someone who actually listened to our problem, and checked our previous contacts with V/M.

Then after I was on hold for a short time, they came back and told me that they do recognise that there is an on going problem with the Router part of the Super-hub, and that a fix was presently being worked on, and that they will be issuing a fix soon.
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 23:51   #6
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Wow! Throw a party, the Shub is about to be fixed
Old 13-05-2012, 00:43   #7
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

the previous 11 firmware updates have still left holes, so I wouldnt hold your breath
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 00:47   #8
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Trust me, I'm not
Old 13-05-2012, 01:07   #9
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
the previous 11 firmware updates have still left holes, so I wouldnt hold your breath
Like the anyone can get your wireless password in 10 hours hole?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 02:54   #10
UserOfVirgin
Inactive

UserOfVirgin is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there issues with the higher speeds on VM? And the superhub?

I was happy on 10Mb, but 30Mb is tempting as in theory we can share it better in my house. Of course it means moving to a Superhub.

I was expecting faster connectivity all round, am I going to be let down?
UserOfVirgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 03:02   #11
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

SuperHub in modem mode linked to your own choice of router... job done.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 03:33   #12
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

there is nothing wrong with superhub i use it for online gaming and browsing the net and use of mobile fone and it works perfectly fine don't get full 100mb but i am happy with it. anyone on lower tiers with get speed for sure. i never had problem with 50mb service.
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote