Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Reporting Spam Calls to Virgin Mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Reporting Spam Calls to Virgin Mobile

Old 31-08-2017, 13:01   #1
VMboy
Inactive

VMboy is infamous around these partsVMboy is infamous around these parts
Question Reporting Spam Calls to Virgin Mobile

Is there a department in Virgin Mobile that you can send/report spam call numbers to? I ask as blocking is not available on the actual mobile.

I often get around 4 calls per day which can be a real nuisance.

I don't usually receive a voice-mail notification but I did this morning, of course nobody spoke during the message, so as well as having to reject calls I am having to go into voice-mail to delete the message and remove the pertaining notification, hopefully the voice-mail thing was a one off as I really don't want to have to get it switched off.
VMboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2017, 13:06   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Reporting Spam Calls to Virgin Mobile

You can speak to Mobile Customer Services, but there isn't really much a phone provider can do for spam calls.

Generally the main option is to change your number if you're getting lots of calls.

Last edited by BenMcr; 31-08-2017 at 13:09.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 13:18   #3
VMboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You can speak to Mobile Customer Services, but there isn't really much a phone provider can do for spam calls.

Generally the main option is to change your number if you're getting lots of calls.
Cheers, will wait to see if it dies down as changing number can be a bit of a hassle especially if you've had it for a considerable time with it being connected to various apps and things.

I do believe though that there should be an option on all smart-phones to enable certain incoming call numbers, seems they're not that smart after-all.
Old 31-08-2017, 14:20   #4
swoop101
cf.mega poster

swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal
swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal

Register your number at TPS http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html
I don't get any of these calls since registering mine
swoop101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 14:23   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMboy View Post
I do believe though that there should be an option on all smart-phones to enable certain incoming call numbers, seems they're not that smart after-all.
You can get third party apps on the iPhone to do that - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207099

On Android you can also get third party apps, but some phones do also have built in options.
Old 31-08-2017, 14:35   #6
VMboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop101 View Post
Did you just register your mobile number? I take it you're not required to give them an actual list of numbers that are calling you?

Last edited by VMboy; 31-08-2017 at 14:45. Reason: Amended Question
Old 31-08-2017, 14:50   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I take it you're not required to give them an actual list of numbers that are calling you?
Thats correct.

It wont stop all calls, as some people just ignore it, but it will cut them down quite a bit.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 15:06   #8
VMboy
Inactive

The TPS can accept the registration of mobile telephone numbers, however it is important to note that this will prevent the receipt of marketing voice calls but not SMS (text) messages. If you wish to stop receiving SMS marketing messages, please send an 'opt-out' request to the company involved.

As TPS registration only prevents marketing calls, organisations will still be able to call you for the purposes of genuine market research.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a couple of points to ask from the text I have copied above from the TPS site.

Regarding the part where it mentions about the opt-out request, isn't there also a scam when you text back as per their request, I had heard you could be charged for doing so, apologies if this is incorrect.

Swoop101, Do you ever get the odd SMS spam text and marketing call since you have registered, or have the all stopped completely?

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Thats correct.

It wont stop all calls, as some people just ignore it, but it will cut them down quite a bit.
Thanks Paul.
Old 31-08-2017, 15:35   #9
swoop101
cf.mega poster

swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal

I don't get any calls or texts now (spam)
Old 31-08-2017, 18:32   #10
VMboy
Inactive

Quote:
I don't get any calls or texts now (spam)
I've registered to stop the marketing calls, will I also require to register for the SMS texts? I ask as you could only take the one option when registering for the first time.

You mention you don't receive spam texts since you registered, I take it you still receive bona-fide texts though such as from Virgin Mobile?

Last edited by VMboy; 31-08-2017 at 18:47.
Old 31-08-2017, 18:37   #11
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Mobile and house phone were registered a couple of years ago and still list as registered.

We ended up getting a call blocker for the house phone as we still got loads of them

My mobile is set only to accept calls from people in my contact list.
Quote:
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 18:44   #12
VMboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Mobile and house phone were registered a couple of years ago and still list as registered.

We ended up getting a call blocker for the house phone as we still got loads of them

My mobile is set only to accept calls from people in my contact list.
So some are still getting through?
Old 31-08-2017, 19:32   #13
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

There were - so we got a callblocker which can block dodgy prefixs etc.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 21:13   #14
swoop101
cf.mega poster

Quote:
You mention you don't receive spam texts since you registered, I take it you still receive bona-fide texts though such as from Virgin Mobile?
Yes I still get all wanted texts, nothing you can do to block VM texts lol
Old 01-09-2017, 09:57   #15
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Of course you can be more choosy to whom you give your mobile number. Social Media don't actually NEED your mobile number.