Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 05-12-2017, 08:43   #196
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

There we go, as expected, Blue Planet II on the BBC i-Player from next week!

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017...n-bbc-iplayer/
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2017, 09:45   #197
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

Virgin Media missing from the list of compatible devices Sky Q is listed though

http://www.seenit.co.uk/bbc-iplayer-...ra-hd-and-hdr/
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:19   #198
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

But not on a UHD channel because there simply is not enough content for it.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:33   #199
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But not on a UHD channel because there simply is not enough content for it.
No, as I said before, UHD on the Beeb will be on the i-Player. I think it will be a while before they have a dedicated UHD channel - a waste of bandwidth, in my opinion.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:55   #200
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

There is a BBC Blog about it, but unfortunately where they talk about compatible TVs the link doesn't work

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/blog/2017-12...et-bbc-iplayer

However as it's the same one for the UHD Trial, then I'd expect the the Virgin TV V6 box will be compatible.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:58   #201
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
There is a BBC Blog about it, but unfortunately where they talk about compatible TVs the link doesn't work

However as it's the same one for the UHD Trial, then I'd expect the the Virgin TV V6 box will be compatible.
That's what I thought as well, Ben, but couldn't find any confirmation of this!
Old 05-12-2017, 11:06   #202
data0002
cf.addict

Services: 120mg Broadband (Virgin) telephone (Virgin media) 2 x Tivo
data0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know if this is the page you were after Ben for the list https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/l...-planet-II-uhd
data0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:44   #203
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

My TVs not on the list Samsung KS9000, however i watched the trial of this via a V6 in the summer without any problems.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:54   #204
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Don't get why V6 isn't on the list. I've reached out to VM on the issue and they replied they are 'asking' (the BBC I presume) about it.

Pretty shocking if we're left out!
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 13:10   #205
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Don't get why V6 isn't on the list. I've reached out to VM on the issue and they replied they are 'asking' (the BBC I presume) about it.

Pretty shocking if we're left out!
Well obviously the V6 isn't a TV, so it wouldn't be on the list, you still need a compatible TV to watch it even if the other equipment is capable of showing the broadcast.
Old 05-12-2017, 13:16   #206
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Well obviously the V6 isn't a TV, so it wouldn't be on the list, you still need a compatible TV to watch it even if the other equipment is capable of showing the broadcast.
Sky Q isn't a TV but that is on the list as it stands VM are not getting Blue Planet II in 4K/UHD
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 13:23   #207
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Sky Q isn't a TV but that is on the list as it stands VM are not getting Blue Planet II in 4K/UHD
Good point, but unless something has changed the list is very wrong.

A few months ago i watched Blue Planet using BBC iplayer on the V6 and with a TV that isn't on the list, so i am expecting it to work.
Old 05-12-2017, 14:04   #208
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Good point, but unless something has changed the list is very wrong.

A few months ago i watched Blue Planet using BBC iplayer on the V6 and with a TV that isn't on the list, so i am expecting it to work.
Apology accepted
Old 06-12-2017, 11:28   #209
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Have you heard any more on this, Ben? I've tweeted and asked on VM forums and the silence is pretty deafening from the staff there.
Old 06-12-2017, 14:50   #210
Mobes
cf.mega poster

VM have tweeted V6 customers won't be able to access this programme.
Pathetic TBH!