Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 19:50   #1051
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
But the Brexit campaigns promised no hard border with Northern Ireland and people voted on that basis. Therefore, the referendum is invalid if they propose to renege on the promise or can't deliver on it.
As usual it’s a hard line remainers paradise to stop and use the NI issue as a scapegoat to stop Brexit. Brexit will happen as it should, so we can be finally rid of the EU once and for all and we can then cook our chips to the colour we damn well like.
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2017, 19:52   #1052
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
NI is part of U.K., it leaves with us, not have some kind of special deal brokered by the EU or the Irish Government.
You need an answer to the question of the Irish border. We can't say 'no deal is better than a bad deal' and leave it at that. Something needs to happen at the border.

A border between Northern Ireland and Ireland is unacceptable to half of N.Ireland, Ireland and causes trouble with the Good Friday Agreement.

A border between the island of Ireland and Great Britain is unacceptable to the other half of Northern Island, Brexiters and the DUP.

No border is pretty much unwelcome across all sides and poses questions about customs checks and border controls. Personally I favour this arrangement anyway but it would mean some concessions from Brexiters about how we manage that.

So what is the answer? There comes a point in every topic to do with Brexit where 'No' is no longer going to work.
Old 04-12-2017, 20:00   #1053
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
As usual it’s a hard line remainers paradise to stop and use the NI issue as a scapegoat to stop Brexit. Brexit will happen as it should, so we can be finally rid of the EU once and for all and we can then cook our chips to the colour we damn well like.
Maybe for some but certainly not me as my bone of contention is the sheer incompetence of HMS and nothing l have seen or heard since has changed that view as today was just another example of it sadly.

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

Quote:
As usual it’s a hard line remainers paradise to stop and use the NI issue as a scapegoat to stop Brexit. Brexit will happen as it should, so we can be finally rid of the EU once and for all and we can then cook our chips to the colour we damn well like. ;)
Indeed it should happen but don't think everything is going to be nice and rosy in the garden and that it will cure many of our ills because it won't sadly.
Old 04-12-2017, 20:01   #1054
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You need an answer to the question of the Irish border. We can't say 'no deal is better than a bad deal' and leave it at that. Something needs to happen at the border.

A border between Northern Ireland and Ireland is unacceptable to half of N.Ireland, Ireland and causes trouble with the Good Friday Agreement.

A border between the island of Ireland and Great Britain is unacceptable to the other half of Northern Island, Brexiters and the DUP.

No border is pretty much unwelcome across all sides and poses questions about customs checks and border controls. Personally I favour this arrangement anyway but it would mean some concessions from Brexiters about how we manage that.

So what is the answer? There comes a point in every topic to do with Brexit where 'No' is no longer going to work.
Until Brexiters raise their game and solve the Irish border issue, Brexit can't happen. Pretending that it's not an issue and that no deal is better than a bad deal won't make it go away.
Old 04-12-2017, 20:09   #1055
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
You quoted something I wrote in an earlier post and then claimed it was fiction that you claimed you’d find in the Daily Mail. Yes no ?
Ok ... you said:

Quote:
Several rented houses, on my road have been taken up by unskilled Romanians who do not work. They constantly argue, fight with each other, are up all times of the night. They don’t integrate and to put it bluntly, some are absolute scavengers, watched 3 of them other week look over peoples walls and go through peoples bins etc, looking for any scraps of metal they can find.

Do we really want open borders to unskilled migrants who just come here to ride the benefits gravy train and steal and rob from our own citizens?
No mention of any "four people who were mugged by Unskilled Romanian nationals about 200 yards from my own front door"

Of course, I am supposed to infer this.

You then, crudely, extrapolated the dodgy Romanians in your street to apply to the nation as a whole and yes, the line:

Quote:
Do we really want open borders to unskilled migrants who just come here to ride the benefits gravy train and steal and rob from our own citizens?
is exactly what you would find in the Daily Mail
Old 04-12-2017, 20:40   #1056
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Ok ... you said:

No mention of any "four people who were mugged by Unskilled Romanian nationals about 200 yards from my own front door"

Of course, I am supposed to infer this.

You then, crudely, extrapolated the dodgy Romanians in your street to apply to the nation as a whole and yes, the line:

is exactly what you would find in the Daily Mail
Well you know more than me as to what’s in the Daily Mail as I don’t read it!

And don’t ever accuse me of lying again. (If I suspect correctly what you’re trying to do)

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Maybe for some but certainly not me as my bone of contention is the sheer incompetence of HMS and nothing l have seen or heard since has changed that view as today was just another example of it sadly.

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

Indeed it should happen but don't think everything is going to be nice and rosy in the garden and that it will cure many of our ills because it won't sadly.
Hence why I said hardline remainer Den. You do know the difference yeah?
Old 04-12-2017, 20:54   #1057
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Hence why I said hardline remainer Den. You do know the difference yeah?
l know the difference as l might be stupid but l am not that stupid.
Old 04-12-2017, 21:01   #1058
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l know the difference as l might be stupid but l am not that stupid.
So why the need for you to bold my remark when it does not apply to you?

You’re a remainer but one accepting of the Democratic result. Thus, not a hardline remainer, and just want this PM and her government to get on with it and stop messing about.
Old 04-12-2017, 21:09   #1059
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

You’re a remainer but one accepting of the Democratic result. Thus, not a hardline remainer, and just want this PM and her government to get on with it and stop messing about.
Brexit affects us all does it not? and as such everybody is entitled to their opinion on the most important event to affect this country since the end of the second world war.
Old 04-12-2017, 21:12   #1060
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Doesn't always have to be 'them and us', 'losers and winners', everyone who isn't on the 'right side' must suffer or be ridiculed. Brexit is making this country more divided than ever, at some point this country needs to move forward together. Language like you come out with doesn't give me much hope. This isn't Trump's America yet, but we may be going that way, which I'd guess you'd like !
Old 04-12-2017, 21:15   #1061
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

The problem is the PM has become so weakened since the general election hence everybody else knows that thus she has not got many bargaining chips to play with.
Old 04-12-2017, 21:42   #1062
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Brexit is more than just severing ties and pulling up the drawbridge, it's about what takes it's place too. Northern Ireland is an example of that. You need a solution to it and whilst there are plenty ready to criticise May for her attempts to solve these problems there are fewer people with answers themselves.

The 'messing about' is the part where it turns out this is not an easy process. Maybe if some in the Vote Leave campaign who were all too ready to tell us how easy the trade deal would be and that Northern Ireland wouldn't be a problem could now step forward with what they had in mind then we could get on with it.
Old 04-12-2017, 21:57   #1063
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Brexit is more than just severing ties and pulling up the drawbridge, it's about what takes it's place too. Northern Ireland is an example of that. You need a solution to it and whilst there are plenty ready to criticise May for her attempts to solve these problems there are fewer people with answers themselves.

The 'messing about' is the part where it turns out this is not an easy process. Maybe if some in the Vote Leave campaign who were all too ready to tell us how easy the trade deal would be and that Northern Ireland wouldn't be a problem could now step forward with what they had in mind then we could get on with it.
Exactly, I think Rees-Mogg, BoJo and pals are quite happy to sit back in their country houses whilst Theresa May takes part in an impossible version of getting the fox and chicken across to the other side of the river.
Like you, I would like to hear some solutions from Brexiters to this dilemma. We're not telling a couple of teenagers on the shop floor to stop messing around and stack those bog rolls on the shelves! I genuinely see Theresa May doing her best to make Brexit happen.
Old 04-12-2017, 22:55   #1064
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
How very undemocratic you are.

Either way, the red carding won’t happen Andrew, we’re still leaving.
Yes but it's OK because he's right and the majority were wrong because they were confused, deluded, xenophobic bigots. He knows this.
Old 04-12-2017, 22:57   #1065
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yes but it's OK because he's right and the majority were wrong because they were confused, deluded, xenophobic bigots. He knows this.
So what's the solution to the Irish border then? No solution, no Brexit. It's not harder than that.
Closed Thread