Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Marshmallow update

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Marshmallow update

Old 05-02-2016, 23:26   #1
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice
Cool Marshmallow update

My Virgin mobile LG G4 has just updated to Marshmallow. I can't really see a difference tho apart from all my apps need authorising on first use after the update.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2016, 23:43   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Marshmallow update

LG rolled out the 6.0 update over the last couple of months. My Vodafone G4 got it last week.

Marshmallow was more about under the hood improvements, ie smoothness and battery life and app permissions. Lollipop did most of the appearance changes.

https://www.androidpit.com/android-m...-features-name
Old 06-02-2016, 15:28   #3
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Wait for O2 to release it for my Note 4
Old 06-02-2016, 15:53   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Still not got it on my LG G3 and that is sim free.
Old 06-02-2016, 16:39   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Have they released the G3 version yet?

My battery life on my G4 has improved a lot since the 6.0 update.
Old 06-02-2016, 18:09   #6
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough

I feel sorry for you guys on Android and its poor updates. I like Apple and iOS, and yes I know Android is the popular phone to own and everyone has an Android and Apple is A minority, but I just like iOS.
tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 18:19   #7
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Yeah, my battery looks like it's doing a lot better now. I'll have to give it a few more days to really find out tho.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 18:21   #8
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I think it dropped in Poland in December.
Old 06-02-2016, 18:45   #9
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedle View Post
I feel sorry for you guys on Android and its poor updates. I like Apple and iOS, and yes I know Android is the popular phone to own and everyone has an Android and Apple is A minority, but I just like iOS.
I prefer iOS over android due to the difference in accessibility - but at the moment I'd be wary of some iOS updates if you've had your iPhone fixed by a third party.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...omers-security

I know they say it's for security and all but even so....

Me I am on the beta scheme for iOS so I'm on 9.3 at the moment.

Not that I can really switch back to android anymore because a)the accessibility STILL isn't up to it (but not tried marshmallow yet) and b)Natalie got me an apple watch for Christmas.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Quote:

I wonder if it'll help with my dad's moto g 2 when he eventually gets it. His battery life is pretty dire.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 19:22   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Probably as Marshmallow is said to put apps into hibernate when the phone senses it isn't being used, however you can whitelist apps on the ones you need notifications from.
Old 06-02-2016, 21:12   #11
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

And there was me thinking this thread was going to be about 12noon's attempts to make or eat Marshmallows.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 22:07   #12
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:

I'm running a build of Marshmallow from Xda on my G3 as I type.

It's good, although one of the Kernels available for it will not allow you to use the SD Card as Internal Storage and the screen went blank (but still responsive to touch) a couple of times so I had to change that.

Aside from that, it's faster than Lollipop, battery drain is tiny overnight thanks to Doze and all seems well.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote